Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Jets • Thu, Mar 14 @ 7:00 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
I've learned not to read anything into what goalies say about their own play. They are constantly playing head-games with themselves and everyone else. :laugh:

A good thing. I can remember a time where people literally read into the blinking pattern of goalies in post-game interviews...

FiveHoled

Jul 2, 2016
West Coast
I'm not done being salty about yesterday :laugh:
Hopefully the Jets are still too! This could be a big one for the boys and might just be a really good game after all the drama and emotion of the last one. I see a blow out coming with a fine display of talent and discipline. Wheeler is a leader, they will get it together for him. Jets 7-2, Ehlers turns the trick!

Reactions: kanadalainen

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Again i would like to see how well another team would do without it's top 2 defenseman for months , i give the Jets some slack because of that . Especially without Buff for so long , the rest of our normally physical players seemed to stop being physical as soon as Buff went out of the lineup . I do have some concerns about Helly but we are talented team that can play much better .

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Doesn’t seem to matter how banged up the Bruins are they are always a tough out and no matter what the Jets have been hanging in without two of their big three on D which is ugly. Our fan base on this site really needs a win.

Big picture I don’t see much of a difference right now if we play Dallas, St Louis or even Nashville in the first round. Dallas is warm but flawed, St Louis woke up, Nashville is like the Jets, they have the talent but are just not the same team as last year. Any one of these four teams could come out of the flawed central..... it is wide open.

Reactions: chaos4

backwards motion

Sep 29, 2017
Holy cow! Sorry for the language, I'll be more careful with these curses later. I'm just like I woke up, really this deep into the season already. It kinda few by. I really hope we get our groove on, and thinking when to get some free deal for a period so I can close my eyes and watch rest of the games since normally I have to stay up or wake up like 3 am. Games should be watched live, but somehow I've messed up and can't afford to move to Winnipeg for the rest of the season.

That being said. I miss Buff. So I'll just leave it to Go Jets Go! Now it's time to get a hot streak going until we're the champions, of the world!

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
A good thing. I can remember a time where people literally read into the blinking pattern of goalies in post-game interviews...

.. or citing his stoic expression or a moment of quiet reflection as proof entirely in and of itself that he's the biggest piece of Swiss cheese shit goalie since Hardy Åström.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
"You see, Jim, because he didn't commit seppuku after that bad goal, that's just proof that he's too arrogant to ever play in the NHL again."

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Hopefully the Jets are still too! This could be a big one for the boys and might just be a really good game after all the drama and emotion of the last one. I see a blow out coming with a fine display of talent and discipline. Wheeler is a leader, they will get it together for him. Jets 7-2, Ehlers turns the trick!

I like your confidence. Mine is as fragile as this team is. Until they start to string together several well played Wins, I will doubt their ability to close out a series.

Yes, Morrissey and Buff are huge omissions on the back end, but there are too many other aspects of this team’s overall play that are disconnected and have been for long stretches this season. They’re not that good that they can suddenly flip a switch and roll through anybody.

Jets going to be firing blanks in this one. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Bruins 3

Jets 0

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Like the Sharks...

They were missing Karlsson and Kane. I think this is a bit of a different situation.

I'm not sure if it's the way that the Jets lost, but I feel like people are thinking the Jets played poorly against SJ?

They are the top scoring team in the West. They are veteran, and a good team in their own right. If Helle would have stopped that 3rd goal we'd probably have won.

I really don't get the hand wringing around here. I feel like the past 2 weeks the Jets have played pretty good. Not where we need to be but trending upwards. I HATED losing with 3.6 seconds but I feel like there is very little 'big picture' view here. Take the final goal as an example: There were several mistakes made on that play but "OMG Myers pinched and it's all his fault! He's replacement level at best because a bunch of these made up stats say so!"

People need to take a deeeeep breath. The Jets need to clean up some areas of their game but they have been making progress. They have 10 games left to work on this stuff.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
It's never too early for tacos.

Or booze.
It is when you get food poisoning from the very first taco you ever had , man i was sick , never threw up like that , brutal . Ever since i can't even handle the smell of tacos . :pout:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
It is when you get food poisoning from the very first taco you ever had , man i was sick , never threw up like that , brutal . Ever since i can't even handle the smell of tacos . :pout:

Leopold's Tavern has a special menu item this month, "bacon cheeseburger tacos". It's basically bacon cheeseburger stuff in a taco shell instead of on a bun. Might be just the thing you need to get you back on your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad