Pre-Game Talk: Bruins @ Jets • Thu, Mar 14 @ 7:00 pm CT • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Practice Report:

- No Wheeler or Beaulieu (both fine and expected to play tomorrow).

- Nothing new on Byfuglien, Morrissey or Morrow.

- Player audio included Hellebuyck, Laine, Ehlers and Trouba.

- Coach Maurice scrum topics included an update on Blake Wheeler and Nathan Beaulieu? How did he approach the day? How does he look at that last play of the game which led to the goal against? Is there a difference in Connor Hellebuyck this season? Is the focus with 13 games left trying to eliminate those high-danger chances? With the offensive talent of this team is simplicity one of the toughest things to combat? How is he seeing teams defend the Jets differently? On Nikolaj Ehlers owning his mistake. Anything new on the three injured D?

To read/listen click here.

Reactions: jefferoni

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We need some wins but this will be a tough one to win . We can do it if we play smarter and we get a good game from Helly . :thumbu:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Seems like half the Bruins roster is injured so not expecting a whole lot.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Last 10 games:

Mark S: Goals 2, Assists 5, Points 7, -1 +/-

Laine: Goals 4, Assists 6, Points 10, -3 +/-

Wheeler: Goals 7, Assists 9, Points 16, -1 +/-

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Practice Report:

- No Wheeler or Beaulieu (both fine and expected to play tomorrow).

- Nothing new on Byfuglien, Morrissey or Morrow.

- Player audio included Hellebuyck, Laine, Ehlers and Trouba.

- Coach Maurice scrum topics included an update on Blake Wheeler and Nathan Beaulieu? How did he approach the day? How does he look at that last play of the game which led to the goal against? Is there a difference in Connor Hellebuyck this season? Is the focus with 13 games left trying to eliminate those high-danger chances? With the offensive talent of this team is simplicity one of the toughest things to combat? How is he seeing teams defend the Jets differently? On Nikolaj Ehlers owning his mistake. Anything new on the three injured D?

To read/listen click here.

Helly sounds in full denial mode. Everything is rosy, his game is good, unicorns.

Reactions: Shaibu and Derfel

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Helly sounds in full denial mode. Everything is rosy, his game is good, unicorns.
I've learned not to read anything into what goalies say about their own play. They are constantly playing head-games with themselves and everyone else. :laugh:

Reactions: KB1971

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Seems like half the Bruins roster is injured so not expecting a whole lot.
Pastrnak's been out for a month and they haven't missed a beat. 2 strait losses however. They're a proud team that knows how to win (unlike our fragile boys) and they'll be coming for us. Nothing's easy anymore.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pastrnak's been out for a month and they haven't missed a beat. 2 strait losses however. They're a proud team that knows how to win (unlike our fragile boys) and they'll be coming for us. Nothing's easy anymore.

They are without Pasta, Krug, DeBrusk, Grzelcyk& Johansson.

They barely beat Ottawa& Florida and have since dropped 2 top 4D-men from their lineup.

So 3 top6 forwards& 2 top4 D-men, the forward group makes you want to cry.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Jets in 1st place :naughty:

13 games left.

Teams normally play great under Maurice the last 10 games of the regular season :D
Yes they do
2017-18 last 10 games ... the Jets went 9-1 with winning the last 5 games
2016-17 last 10 games ... the Jets went 8-2 with winning the last 7 games
2015-16 last 10 games ... the Jets went 6-2-2 with winning the last 4 games

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
People who think Hellebuyck should be pulled from a game just look at the Leafs. Babcock pulled Anderson the other day for allowing 4 goals in 25 minutes ... well tonight he let in 4 goals in 19 minutes.

Which is good news because the Bruins can relax now.:DD

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes they do
2017-18 last 10 games ... the Jets went 9-1 with winning the last 5 games
2016-17 last 10 games ... the Jets went 8-2 with winning the last 7 games
2015-16 last 10 games ... the Jets went 6-2-2 with winning the last 4 games
After my initial frustration of last night, my optimism is coming back. I'm actually getting pretty excited about what happens down the stretch and playoffs with so many around here writing them off. Hopefully there will be lots of back tracking taking place.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
After my initial frustration of last night, my optimism is coming back. I'm actually getting pretty excited about what happens down the stretch and playoffs with so many around here writing them off. Hopefully there will be lots of back tracking taking place.
Remember before the season started ... the BAD Chevy signing of a backup goalie from the Oilers ... it was so bad I forgot his name.:DD

Reactions: KingBogo

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

It’s frustrating to watch right now, but I honestly believe we are going to go into the playoffs healthy and hungry. Don’t know if it’s planned rest right now or malaise, but I think it will clear up soon.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles

I think the real test happens in the 2nd PO round. Might be arrogant but I'm not worried about the 1st. I am very much hoping to eat crow and see them play like last seasons Jets as soon they start. Would be pretty genius if they have actually been conserving themselves to go full playoff beast mode.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
People who think Hellebuyck should be pulled from a game just look at the Leafs. Babcock pulled Anderson the other day for allowing 4 goals in 25 minutes ... well tonight he let in 4 goals in 19 minutes.

Which is good news because the Bruins can relax now.:DD
Isn’t the similarities between Toronto and Winnipeg striking this season?
Now the Bruins and Jets play some spirited affairs.
Have no feeling on how this will go.
GJG

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
I think the real test happens in the 2nd PO round. Might be arrogant but I'm not worried about the 1st. I am very much hoping to eat crow and see them play like last seasons Jets as soon they start. Would be pretty genius if they have actually been conserving themselves to go full playoff beast mode.
I have more confidence coming out of the central this year than last. That's for sure.

Reactions: DashingDane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad