Boston Bruins Bruins Issue Updates On Grzelcyk, McAvoy and Reilly

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
It’s the hockey gods telling us it’s time to rebuild. This will be complete when Bergeron announces retirement. I mean he won’t have his line mate and best defenseman who both will be sidelined until December. Not exactly incentive to play there.
We've often heard that the odds of making the playoffs heavily favor teams that are in playoff position by American Thanksgiving. Curious if that will factor into decision making.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
So the same doctor did both Gryz and Mac's shoulders on the same day?
The surgeon who did my shoulder replacement does 3 per day, he only does shoulders, and that's major surgery, compared to the more minor procedure that Mac and Gryz had. I think my surgery takes about 3 hours. I made sure I was the first one of the day.

If they had arthroscopic surgery in the 70s, Orr would still be playing. ;-)

I agree that da Broons should tank next season.

Reactions: TCB and BMC

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Big difference between a Bedard level prospect and a very good prospect.

Bedard is the projected number one overall right now but lets wait how everything pans out in the future and who will be the best players of the draft. Still the chances to get a first line center prospect in the first slots of the draft are higher then when you draft late in the late first round or not at all.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Bedard is the projected number one overall right now but lets wait how everything pans out in the future and who will be the best players of the draft. Still the chances to get a first line center prospect in the first slots of the draft are higher then when you draft late in the late first round or not at all.

Right but to my first point, your not guaranteed to get #1OA even if you go 0-82 for the season.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
With all the injured Cassidy is guaranteed to come back and be the fall guy
It would not surprise me in the least- JJ at least will get some work out of part of the contract year before he has to pay a guy to play golf.

Reactions: BMC

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Can we switch line-ups with Providence for the first 2 months of the 2022-23 season?

As loyal as Bergie is, do you think he'll come back for one last season if it looks like we're not going to even make the playoffs?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yes, but you cannot fall further then 3rd.

Correct but even going from 1 to 3 can be pretty significant depending on the draft. Then there's the minor detail of needed to develop said player and if it's a forward, we'll the Bruins haven't done well developing forwards in recent years.....which is part of the reason we are in the situation we are.

Buffalo has been tanking for years and their still awful. Arizona is in the same boat.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Correct but even going from 1 to 3 can be pretty significant depending on the draft. Then there's the minor detail of needed to develop said player and if it's a forward, we'll the Bruins haven't done well developing forwards in recent years.....which is part of the reason we are in the situation we are.

Buffalo has been tanking for years and their still awful. Arizona is in the same boat.
You are correct. But, as I have stated previously, I don't like the TYPE of player that da Broons draft at the forward positions, overall. I want them to target more players who are similar to Pasta and Lysell, such as DiBrincat, and less on the infamous "200-foot player" like Frederick. You can teach anyone to check, if they are willing, but you can't teach a player with average to poor hands to have great hands.

I also think the organization failed miserably in their approach to developing Zack Senyshyn. They should have put him on one of the top two lines from the beginning, while teaching him to check, instead of starting him on the 4th line in Providence. Just my opinion.

I look at how well NYR drafted under Gorton and former Broon Gordie Clark, and I am very impressed. They still have Clark. Charlie should have called his friend Gorton the very second he was fired from the Rags and rehired him in some capacity, and now he would be our GM or President or both, even. Maybe he could have persuaded Clark to come back to Boston as assistant GM. SMH.

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Forget 2022 draft Sweeney doesn’t have a 1st. All these early season injury reports let it run and maybe you get Bedard in 2023

I’d look to send DeBrusk Carlo + to Seattle or Arizona for their 2023 1st. Forward thinking

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
You are correct. But, as I have stated previously, I don't like the TYPE of player that da Broons draft at the forward positions, overall. I want them to target more players who are similar to Pasta and Lysell, such as DiBrincat, and less on the infamous "200-foot player" like Frederick. You can teach anyone to check, if they are willing, but you can't teach a player with average to poor hands to have great hands.

I also think the organization failed miserably in their approach to developing Zack Senyshyn. They should have put him on one of the top two lines from the beginning, while teaching him to check, instead of starting him on the 4th line in Providence. Just my opinion.

I look at how well NYR drafted under Gorton and former Broon Gordie Clark, and I am very impressed. They still have Clark. Charlie should have called his friend Gorton the very second he was fired from the Rags and rehired him in some capacity, and now he would be our GM or President or both, even. Maybe he could have persuaded Clark to come back to Boston as assistant GM. SMH.

They drafted better the last few years, but early on Groton wasn't great. 2018 is when they started to do well drafting (doesn't hurt to get gifted #1OA when you were a fringe playoff team).

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Forget 2022 draft Sweeney doesn’t have a 1st. All these early season injury reports let it run and maybe you get Bedard in 2023

I’d look to send DeBrusk Carlo + to Seattle or Arizona for their 2023 1st. Forward thinking
I’m pretty sure neither team would give us their first for Pastrnak much less those two

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Brutal.

It's going to be brutal, folks.

Because of their surgeries, neither Gryz nor Reilly will fetch through trade what they would have brought back if healthy. Regardless, the B's are likely to keep Gryz and and shop Reilly.

So, potentially, you have no Bergeron, no Marchand, no Krejčí, no MacAvoy, no Gryz. And perhaps no Pasta, though David is likely to stay.

My guess is that this being the case, the Bruins will stumble and struggle mightily out of the gate. If they prove an early disaster, cue Cassidy's dismissal. Murphy writes that Kevin Dean has already left, or been fired. Great way to undercut your coach.

Quite convenient.

The deflection, distraction and excuses from Sweeney and Neely will be predictable and characteristically shameless.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
A little bit of optimism…

I had very invasive shoulder surgery in December of 2020. I was golfing in early May.

Now…old man golf isn‘t the NHL, granted.

But, I was 49, did PT for a total of 2 hours per week and was out of shape before the surgery.

C-Mac is about 25 years younger, in great shape and has what I assume is a world class medical staff caring for him.

Obviously it’s only a guess, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s playing in November, rather than December.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Big difference between a Bedard level prospect and a very good prospect.

2023 is considered a strong draft. 1-4 picks could be franchise calibre. Plus Michkov might drop out of the top 10 Russia/Ukraine issue. He is an offensive dynamo ... compared to a Kucherov

Fantilli and Ritchie ceiling are very high. And floor no lower than Lafreniere/Wright.

Reactions: TCB

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
The surgeon who did my shoulder replacement does 3 per day, he only does shoulders, and that's major surgery, compared to the more minor procedure that Mac and Gryz had. I think my surgery takes about 3 hours. I made sure I was the first one of the day.

If they had arthroscopic surgery in the 70s, Orr would still be playing. ;-)

I agree that da Broons should tank next season.
Grzelcyk was open apparently, and had multiple dislocations. i can guess the procedure.

Anything shoulder surgery is rough. I’m four years out and i still don’t trust mine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad