Boston Bruins Bruins Issue Updates On Grzelcyk, McAvoy and Reilly

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins once again drop bad news late on a Friday afternoon

BOSTON - The Boston Bruins have issued the following updates on defensemen Matt Grzelcyk, Charlie McAvoy and Mike Reilly:
Matt Grzelcyk underwent a right shoulder open stabilization procedure by Dr. Tom Holovacs at Massachusetts General Hospital on Friday, June 3. The expected recovery time is approximately five months.

Charlie McAvoy underwent a left shoulder arthroscopic stabilization procedure by Dr. Tom Holovacs at Massachusetts General Hospital on Friday, June 3. The expected recovery time is approximately six months.

Mike Reilly
underwent a right ankle tendon repair and removal of bone fragments by Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay, Wisconsin on Friday, June 3. The expected recovery time is approximately three months.

Shooksie

D5 Beaut
Jun 19, 2011
1654318449733.png

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Well at this point we obviously are getting Sweeney back otherwise he'd have been gone by now, so barring some conflict at the moment, he'll be resigned imo.

Must be a strange feeling for Cassidy.

Reactions: MattFromFranklin

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I say... Tank for Bedard

All of these guys can take their time with their recovery. No rush

See what some of the younger guys can do/up their value

Sweeney better not sign a string of bottom 6 vets

D core at the start of the season could look like?

Lindholm Carlo
Ahcan Clifton
Forbort Zboril

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I say... Tank for Bedard

Lindholm Carlo
Ahcan Clifton
Forbort Zboril
He will sign those guys and then they'll be 'in the mix' of the wildcard and then the big guys come back and the narrative goes from there just to make the playoffs for the 1st round.

Reactions: BMC

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He will sign those guys and then they'll be 'in the mix' of the wildcard and then the big guys come back and the narrative goes from there just to make the playoffs for the 1st round.
Without Marchand, McAvoy and Bergeron.... I dont see wildcards on the radar

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
So many unknowns

We still don't have a clue about Bergie.

Cam said 2 weeks ago Sweeney would come back but the deal isn't done yet.

Cassidy is twisting in the wind.

:popcorn:
Could there be interest in a AGM or personal who's currently among the 4 teams left battling for the Cup ? Like a Chris MacFarland or a Mathieu Darche :dunno:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I say... Tank for Bedard

Lindholm Carlo
Ahcan Clifton
Forbort Zboril

I dont understand the tank for so and so idea. We could win zero games be blown out by an average of 10 goals a game and still not get the #1OA pick due to the draft lottery.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
The Bruins once again drop bad news late on a Friday afternoon

BOSTON - The Boston Bruins have issued the following updates on defensemen Matt Grzelcyk, Charlie McAvoy and Mike Reilly:
Matt Grzelcyk underwent a right shoulder open stabilization procedure by Dr. Tom Holovacs at Massachusetts General Hospital on Friday, June 3. The expected recovery time is approximately five months.

Charlie McAvoy underwent a left shoulder arthroscopic stabilization procedure by Dr. Tom Holovacs at Massachusetts General Hospital on Friday, June 3. The expected recovery time is approximately six months.

Mike Reilly
underwent a right ankle tendon repair and removal of bone fragments by Dr. Robert Anderson in Green Bay, Wisconsin on Friday, June 3. The expected recovery time is approximately three months.
So both Marchand and McAvoy now 6 months around December? I guess the good news is whoever will be coaching the Bruins then will be getting a couple very nice Christmas presents.

Reactions: BMC

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
So many unknowns

We still don't have a clue about Bergie.

Cam said 2 weeks ago Sweeney would come back but the deal isn't done yet.

Cassidy is twisting in the wind.

:popcorn:

Curious if Bergy's decision is part of the reason why. Not to say there's issues between Cassidy & Bergeron. I just wonder if Bergeron stays then they keep Cassidy as not to have to learn a new system while trying to make one more run. If Bergeron retires then a cup run isn't likely and going a new direction coaching/system wise may make more sense.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I dont understand the tank for so and so idea. We could win zero games be blown out by an average of 10 goals a game and still not get the #1OA pick due to the draft lottery.

With the depth of the draft next year could get an very prospect even if you would draft at number 5 overall

Reactions: rocketdan9

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
It’s the hockey gods telling us it’s time to rebuild. This will be complete when Bergeron announces retirement. I mean he won’t have his line mate and best defenseman who both will be sidelined until December. Not exactly incentive to play there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad