Boston Bruins Bruins Issue Updates On Grzelcyk, McAvoy and Reilly

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This picture is amazing.

Oh I’m sure they’re feeling fine on percs

Yeah percs is great..right up until the time they can't pee or poo. Hopefully they were warned about that little side effect before they were discharged from the hospital. I wasn't and ended up back in the ER having a catheter inserted.

Reactions: shelbysdad

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Its a fair amount of cap room that we get from all these guys being out to start the year.

Of course if there is one thing you can rely on this organization to not to its bend the rules to fit as many stud players under the cap as possible.

Forget 2022 draft Sweeney doesn’t have a 1st. All these early season injury reports let it run and maybe you get Bedard in 2023

I’d look to send DeBrusk Carlo + to Seattle or Arizona for their 2023 1st. Forward thinking

Why woul the worst teams in the league give up a chance to draft a franchise player for JDB and Carlo? They aren't competing for anything with those 2.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Why woul the worst teams in the league give up a chance to draft a franchise player for JDB and Carlo? They aren't competing for anything with those 2.

Watching TSN's Bob McKenzie and Button talking about the draft, they don't seem to think the #1 this year is a "franchise player." They said there are generational players, like Crosby, then there are franchise players like Matthews, and then there's the next level and that's what these guys project as.

That's still pretty great, and worth more than JDB and Carlo, just thought I'd share their opinion of how good the top2 guys are this year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Watching TSN's Bob McKenzie and Button talking about the draft, they don't seem to think the #1 this year is a "franchise player." They said there are generational players, like Crosby, then there are franchise players like Matthews, and then there's the next level and that's what these guys project as.

That's still pretty great, and worth more than JDB and Carlo, just thought I'd share their opinion of how good the top2 guys are this year.
Matthews scored 60 goals this year that has only been done 2 other times this century. All 3 times by #1 overall picks.

(The Bruins likely have the best pure goal scorer in the NHL other than those guys and this forum regularly craps on him and most posters on here probably don't want to pay Pasternak but that isn't related to my point.)

The Rangers might win the Cup this year without their top 5 picks living up to expectations or coming close to expectations. But yeah bad franchises are not giving up their #1s under any circumstances unless its right before the draft and they effectively decide to punt on that years prospects.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Its a fair amount of cap room that we get from all these guys being out to start the year.

Of course if there is one thing you can rely on this organization to not to its bend the rules to fit as many stud players under the cap as possible.

I agree with you but who would trade Taylor Hall for Bjork + 2nd lol

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
If Bergeron retires, I am thinking you need to punt the season and get assets to help in the future. Foligno, Smith, Haula, Frederic, Nosek are all UFA's next season, so peddle them for whatever picks you can get at the deadline. Reilly too if he comes back healthy. Trade Jake for a 1 or prospects. Let some of the kids play a full season to see what you have and reload 22-23. They will have some money then.

Reactions: shelbysdad

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
Grzelcyk was open apparently, and had multiple dislocations. i can guess the procedure.

Anything shoulder surgery is rough. I’m four years out and i still don’t trust mine.
Yes, completely agree. Sorry that you can't trust your shoulder.

The shoulder is a very complicated joint. The three major common surgeries are replacement of the joint (which I had), torn labrum, and rotator cuff. The only good thing about replacement is that the original source of the pain is removed. I had very little pain after the surgery, thanks to a nerve block, and I returned my narcotics unopened. My problem is that I waited way too long to agree to surgery and as a result, I have limited range of motion. However, working diligently in rehab and later with moderate weights, I have very good strength. I am five years out.

Reactions: BMC

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
A little bit of optimism…

I had very invasive shoulder surgery in December of 2020. I was golfing in early May.

Now…old man golf isn‘t the NHL, granted.

But, I was 49, did PT for a total of 2 hours per week and was out of shape before the surgery.

C-Mac is about 25 years younger, in great shape and has what I assume is a world class medical staff caring for him.

Obviously it’s only a guess, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s playing in November, rather than December.
Both players seem to agree with you, based on the Mac's post. I hope you are correct; it does seem to me with the surgery they had that 6 months is outer limit of their return. And those on NHL broadcasts saying January for Mac can't count to six correctly (June 1 + 6 months = December 1). So, November is certainly not out of the question.

However, shoulder strength is paramount for a hockey player, so remember that they do have to fully rebuild the strength in their shoulders before they can play.

Reactions: sarge88

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If Bergeron retires, I am thinking you need to punt the season and get assets to help in the future. Foligno, Smith, Haula, Frederic, Nosek are all UFA's next season, so peddle them for whatever picks you can get at the deadline. Reilly too if he comes back healthy. Trade Jake for a 1 or prospects. Let some of the kids play a full season to see what you have and reload 22-23. They will have some money then.
Like the plan but those assets aren't getting much of a return, but something better than nothing, and Tfred will be RFA I believe.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

The shoulder is a very complicated joint. The three major common surgeries are replacement of the joint (which I had), torn labrum, and rotator cuff. The only good thing about replacement is that the original source of the pain is removed. I had very little pain after the surgery, thanks to a nerve block, and I returned my narcotics unopened. My problem is that I waited way too long to agree to surgery and as a result, I have limited range of motion. However, working diligently in rehab and later with moderate weights, I have very good strength. I am five years out.
I had torn bicep tendon....still can't signal a touchdown and it's tight to wash hair....I try to loosen it up in shower, but at least pain is mostly gone

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

I had rotator cuff surgery in 93. Very fortunate, the tear was slight (though God awful pain) so the surgeon didn't need screws to reattach it. I was diligent about rehab and 10 months later was back playing softball. Although I never truly regained full strength ( I had to shift from 3rd base to 1st, for example) I do have full range of motion. No pain except it now aches in damp weather.

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
I had torn bicep tendon....still can't signal a touchdown and it's tight to wash hair....I try to loosen it up in shower, but at least pain is mostly gone
I had retired from refereeing soccer when I had the surgery, so the poor range of motion hasn't hindered me in that regard, but it does limit me in other ways, like you, what I can reach to wash.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I say... Tank for Bedard

All of these guys can take their time with their recovery. No rush

See what some of the younger guys can do/up their value

Sweeney better not sign a string of bottom 6 vets

D core at the start of the season could look like?

Lindholm Carlo
Ahcan Clifton
Forbort Zboril
Lifes short no thanks.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lifes short no thanks.
It also needs to be less frustrating

It is very difficult to sign a marquee UFA. Or locate a top notch C prospect outside of the 1st round. Outside of lotto it seems

Bruins havent had a top 2 or 3 pick since Seguin. Think about that for a sec. It would be nice to obtain a top 5 pick for 2023 draft, one way or another

DaBroons

Aug 2, 2005
It also needs to be less frustrating

It is very difficult to sign a marquee UFA. Or locate a top notch C prospect outside of the 1st round. Outside of lotto it seems

Bruins havent had a top 2 or 3 pick since Seguin. Think about that for a sec. It would be nice to obtain a top 5 pick for 2023 draft, one way or another
Maybe we could trade a couple of players for NJ's 2nd overall this year. That would facilitate tanking for one of next year's top picks as well.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Forester65

Jan 31, 2019
Probably announce Sweeney's extension then.
Rinse and repeat...
backfire.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna