Status
Not open for further replies.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
In other words, all out.

The not so definitive words can be filed under "the games people play."

I'm not sure why anyone would ever come out and say "yeah, they'll both be available for game one" or "No, they won't be available for game 1".

It's the playoffs, not the regular season. Let Babcock and the Leafs stew over matchups and stuff.

The Nash's bring another dimension to the PK and PP, not to mention 5 on 5. Let them work on two strategies. One with the Nash's and one without. Makes it all the more confusing for them.

BiGBear8

May 21, 2012
Actually a lot of Canada will be going for the Bruins, the Leafs have a huge fan-base in Canada but they also have an equal number of people who detest them. Curious to see who most Hab fans would root for out of these 2 teams.
well im one of them 4o..yr bruin fan go bruins go I hate Habs and leafs

Reactions: BMC

Riverfront

Jan 5, 2015
the leafs seem real confident that they can win this series. If Bergeron and Nash are not 100% there
is no way the bruins will be able to match up with the leafs. Also Kuraly is a very important 4TH line
player for the bruins. He adds the speed element they need. Tough call to play McQuaid or Holden.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
the leafs seem real confident that they can win this series. If Bergeron and Nash are not 100% there
is no way the bruins will be able to match up with the leafs. Also Kuraly is a very important 4TH line
player for the bruins. He adds the speed element they need. Tough call to play McQuaid or Holden.

You cannot play Holden on his off side next to Krug or Gryz. That would be a field day for the Leafs IMO. You need to flank the two littles with the two bigs.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Can’t see tweets at the moment. Is Kuraly back?
Yes, he's back.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick
Heinen-Gionta-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Wingels

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Miller
Grz-McQuaid/Holden

Not sure if it was a typo, but Gionta as the C is bizarre. Makes me think it's just a place-holder for Riley if Backes is being kept on the wing. Don't want to read too much into it but that sounds promising to me.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

C0ach B0mbay

Sep 14, 2009
Boston

Rick being back is huge. Acciari out now though? Sure, why not. also, assuming Donato is at class or something?

Interesting that Gionta is centering the Backes line and Donato is the odd man out. To me, this means they still expect Riley back for G1. Feels like a short-term stop gap.

We'll miss Carlo, but much better shape in terms of injuries than last year.

Reactions: Strafer

ThomasJ13

Sep 22, 2006
Can’t see tweets at the moment. Is Kuraly back?

Looks like it - Kuraly playing with Wingels and Schaller.

Love that #61 is back out there with Krejci and Debrusk. That line is gonna give that Leaf D fits. Was getting tired of this 'Bruins are a one line team' mantra.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Yes, he's back.

Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Rick
Heinen-Gionta-Backes
Schaller-Kuraly-Wingels

Chara-McAvoy
Krug-Miller
Grz-McQuaid/Holden

Not sure if it was a typo, but Gionta as the C is bizarre. Makes me think it's just a place-holder for Riley if Backes is being kept on the wing. Don't want to read too much into it but that sounds promising to me.

Agreed on Gionta. I don’t think they’d sit Donato for him but who knows.

Excellent news on Kuraly. He’s so solid

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Wingels and Gionta in over Donato makes little sense to me. I get that Gionta is probably a placeholder for Nash in that lineup, but where's Donato?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wingels and Gionta in over Donato makes little sense to me. I get that Gionta is probably a placeholder for Nash in that lineup, but where's Donato?
Playoff experience. Better with the puck. Play a more physical style that is more suited to start the series.

Donato's great but he's a liability along the boards simply because he hasn't played in the pros for long.

You can only have so much inexperience in the line up.

Again, not a popular decision but I have no issue with the move.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs

I agree. If F group totally healthy, Donato stays into the lineup for me ahead of Acciari/Wingels/Gionta even if only for 4th line ES with Kuraly+Schaller because of his PP skillset. He can also climb on the top-3 line in-game if needed.

Also great news reguarding Nash and Kuraly. Really thought Nash had played his last game for the Bruins from what i red...

Now, let's have the other Nash back in at 3C and eliminate these Leafs in 2013 fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad