In the Penalty Box
Payback time

BOS1230-CTC-SensEventImages-1200x500.jpg

:newyear:

Reactions: MrCraigAnderson

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Last nights game was attended by 17,031 (92.1% full) fans ..... probably higher than average because of the Bell hockey tournament, and that should also help tonight's attendance.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
So many back-to-backs.

I hate blaming the schedule but isn't it interesting that both the Sens and the Pens, who were looked at as being high quality teams, are out of the playoffs?

I mean dear God, all these back-to-back are BRUTAL.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
That's because NHL schedule makers are stupid.

I think it's actually because of the Sweden game.

For Pitsburgh they play a lot of back to backs but I believe they're one of the teams that travels the less in the NHL throughout the year?

I mean obviously the people that make the schedule try to make it the best that they can with the constraints that they have. It's not like they're trying to screw over one team over the other. Of course some teams will play more back to backs and some teams will play less of them.

There are many factors as to why Ottawa and Pittsburgh are out of the playoffs right now. Karlsson foot, Turris trade, Methot loss, goaltending is shit.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

For Pitsburgh they play a lot of back to backs but I believe they're one of the teams that travels the less in the NHL throughout the year?

I mean obviously the people that make the schedule try to make it the best that they can with the constraints that they have. It's not like they're trying to screw over one team over the other. Of course some teams will play more back to backs and some teams will play less of them.
They aren't actively screwing anyone. They are just bad at their jobs.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So many back-to-backs.

I hate blaming the schedule but isn't it interesting that both the Sens and the Pens, who were looked at as being high quality teams, are out of the playoffs?

I mean dear God, all these back-to-back are BRUTAL.

lol what? When were the sens a high quality team? They went on a run at the right time. They were always an average team. You sound like my dad "i don't understand, last year they were the second or third best team in the league and now theyre out of the playoffs?" not understanding that the playoffs can have flukes and cinderella runs. I tell him to look at the overall big picture of this team the last 2-3 years(season and playoffs) and we've lost more games then we've won and have a negative goal differential. Where does anyone see "strong or one of the better teams" in all that mess? A one month hot streak? please.

Reactions: DrEasy and Cosmix

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Last nights game was attended by 17,031 (92.1% full) fans ..... probably higher than average because of the Bell hockey tournament, and that should also help tonight's attendance.
17,000 is a sellout now. Id also bet a lot of kids got tickets for christmas.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

This is good news for us. It honestly feels like his model is wrong when it comes to Ottawa games 70% of the time. His model has definitely been more favorable to Ottawa this year compared to last and well...yeah.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Standing room and ticket holds have been released for tonights game , should be pretty full.

Ryan playing with frozen finger again.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
lol what? When were the sens a high quality team? They went on a run at the right time. They were always an average team. You sound like my dad "i don't understand, last year they were the second or third best team in the league and now theyre out of the playoffs?" not understanding that the playoffs can have flukes and cinderella runs. I tell him to look at the overall big picture of this team the last 2-3 years(season and playoffs) and we've lost more games then we've won and have a negative goal differential. Where does anyone see "strong or one of the better teams" in all that mess? A one month hot streak? please.

I love how you are so condescending while being wrong yourself.

Just go and look at what everyone was saying about two months ago before we went to Sweden. Experts and journalists included. Most ranked us as contenders. I didn't agree myself, but to make it sound like the poster you replied to is stupid because he relayed what many were thinking at the start of the season is really arrogant on your part.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

There are many factors as to why Ottawa and Pittsburgh are out of the playoffs right now. Karlsson foot, Turris trade, Methot loss, goaltending is ****.

Doesn't Colorado have one of the fewest back-to-backs this year?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I though Boucher was having the forwards break out of the zone super early last game. Which I liked. Hope he continues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad