There D at practice today:

LILES - CARLO
KRUG - MCQUAID
MORROW - MILLER

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
a chance to see carlo.
backes scares me.

So, I haven't seen Carlo, though I've seen him talked about as having looked impressive this year so far. I decided to google a prospect profile of him, and the first one that popped up started up with a picture of Cowen, and a quote suggesting he was similar to him...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
So, I haven't seen Carlo, though I've seen him talked about as having looked impressive this year so far. I decided to google a prospect profile of him, and the first one that popped up started up with a picture of Cowen, and a quote suggesting he was similar to him...

well back then, before the draft I was imagining a monster duo of cowen-carlo. That's not going to happen.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Lets keep Hoffman - Brassard - Stone as a line for a while. They turned up the heat for sure in Montreal

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lets keep Hoffman - Brassard - Stone as a line for a while. They turned up the heat for sure in Montreal

I agree, they looked solid together.

That said, having fun with lineups, here's my weird line combo for no particular reason;

Ryan-Brassard-Stone (thought they created some good chances last time they were together)
Hoffman-Turris-Dzingel (that speed...)
Smith-Pageau-Pyatt (solid defensively with a bit of offense)
McCormick-Lazar-Neil (forecheck, forecheck, forecheck)

Last edited:

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
I agree, they looked solid together.

That said, having fun with lineups, here's my weird line combo for no particular reason;

Ryan-Brassard-Stone (thought they created some good chances last time they were together)
Ryan would suck the life out of Stone and Brassard. Hoffman should slot in there.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ryan would suck the life out of Stone and Brassard. Hoffman should slot in there.

They were together in the first game against Buffalo this year and created lots of chances, probably our best line that night. Stone got robbed by Lehner on a what I thought was a sure goal. If memory serves, they were also one of if not the only line that looked good against Nashville (the first game, they were split up by the second one).

People need to drop the hyperbole around Ryan, he's not some sort of hockey succubus (well, incubus to be more accurate) that sucks the life out of any line he`s on. His lines have been relatively productive, he just hasn't been registering many personal pts. Could he be better, sure. But imo, Stone, Brassard and Hoffman have all been the more disappointing players thus far. Hopefully last nights game is a sign of good things coming for them.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but our lines in practice:

Dzingel Turris Ryan
Hoffman Brassard Pyatt
Smith Pageau Stone
Kelly Lazar Neil

Really not sure why we keep going with Stone on the 3rd line.
edit: looking at the possession stats, I guess Stone Pageau and Smith are kept together for their ~60% CF.

Last edited:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
My lines:

Dzingel - Turris - Lazar <- line needs some jam, Lazar could provide that
Hoff - Brassard - Stone <- offensive breakout last game, need to keep them together while chemistry lasts
Smith - Pageau - Ryan <- keeps Smith and Pageau together
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil/MacCormick <- The Leftovers

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Last game versus the Bruins we crushed their hopes for playoffs. Time to keep it up :yo:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
My lines:

Dzingel - Turris - Lazar <- line needs some jam, Lazar could provide that
Hoff - Brassard - Stone <- offensive breakout last game, need to keep them together while chemistry lasts
Smith - Pageau - Ryan <- keeps Smith and Pageau together
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil/MacCormick <- The Leftovers

I absolutely love these lines. Dzingel and Turris were veryyyy effective with Lazar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad