Post-Game Talk: Bruins hibernate in DC - "What a revoltin' development this is!"

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
You're absolutely ridiculous. Ridiculous.

Rask was fine. How can you possibly blame him for the first goal, a snipe wrist shot from 15 feet out.

Even then, the game is 1-0 and the Bruins would have still lost.

As ridiculous as holtby making a save from three feet out lol. You are excusing rask for not making a 15ft save while not giving credit to holtby for making one on one saves. See how ridiculous that is?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
If you say so. Bruins have been on a five game winning streak because they scored. Holtby played a great game despite you downplaying it.

In two of those 5 games, they scored 1 regulation goal. Yup, clearly lighting up the scoreboard.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
If you say so. Bruins have been on a five game winning streak because they scored. Holtby played a great game despite you downplaying it.

vs. NYR 4-2, Rask stops 30 of 32
vs. CAR 2-1(ot), Rask stops 30 of 31
vs. FLA 3-2, Rask stops 22 of 24
vs. DET 3-2, Rask stops 35 of 37
vs. TOR 2-1, Rask stops 27 of 28

in the 5 games the B's score a colossal 14 goals (2.8/game) and Rask stops 144 out of 152 (1.6gaa and .947)

totally due to the offensive explosion...

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
What was his SV% last night? Yeah, not very good. Can you admit he had a below average game lol?

You said they were on a win streak because they scored. I gave you the numbers on that streak, and only that streak because that's what you were talking about.

Why is it so hard for you to give Rask credit for anything?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

in the 5 games the B's score a colossal 14 goals (2.8/game) and Rask stops 144 out of 152 (1.6gaa and .947)

Even worse: we scored 13 goals. One of those was a shootout win.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
Some of you need to take your "Rask isn't a big game goalie" agenda and bury it in la la land.

Rask could have let in 10 fackin' softies in last night, or not a simgle goal at all; it didn't matter, BECAUSE THIS TEAM DIDN'T SCORE A SINGLE GOAL.
You can get superb goaltending, but if you don't get goal support, what's the damn point?

im being nice. If I let my true feelings out I would probably get banned from here.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

3 goals a game is pretty good. Shows they know how to score and holtby did great to shut them out.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I've been very critical of Rask all year and I personally feel it's deserved. He has played better as of late however he to me he has not been good enough throughout the year

I don't blame Rask for last nights loss as it was a team stinker. But let's not look at it as Holtby stood at the other end and didn't move.

He made some very TIMELY saves that we just did not get from Rask.

When you look at what Holtby has done this year and what Rask has done it sure would be nice to have that extra 5 million in cap space.

I think to many people on this board let Rask off the hook too easily especially for a guy who is eating a large portion of our cap room.

With the goalie position it's very easy to seem like a hero or a goat on any given night.

My knock on Rask and I know many here will disagree is

1) doesn't make the big save when it's needed. (Look no further then the first goal in both the last 2 game against the caps) are the goals his fault NO but it would be nice to get a save. holtby provided this last night.

2) his rebound control is awful. Rask is a great first save goalie but his rebound control is terrible which forces him to make more saves then needed. This to me is where Carey price earns his money over Rask. A lot of people will blame our D for not clearing the forwards out but I see a lot of shots that should be a one and done that end up in a mad scramble.

3) have the bruins had trouble putting the puck into the net this year. Absolutely. What about the big game against Ottawa were we lost 5-4. Yes I know we have lost many 2-1 games but in that situation I would like our 7 million goalie to shut the door especially in a game of that magnitude.

To be honest Rask does play good games but I never feel like he steals game as even when we win 2-1 it seems like the other goalie plays just as well yet makes significantly less.

All I'm saying is when ppl say something negative about Rask don't take it so personally. Everyone has their own opinion of certain players.

Like I've always said I welcome the day when Rask shuts me up and takes us to the promise land

Rask is tied 7th in % with this .................................................. D,
Holtby will get big money when he gets re-signed and there is zero chance that we will get a better goalie than him.

You look at how .......... brutally bad our season has been and he is 7th in % still, this D is one of the worst and worst between playoff teams. He has been top3 goalie in the 2nd half behind Price and Dubnyk, he has done his job.

And only 1 goalie will win the cup every season, what has price/king/holtby done in the nhl that Rask hasn't already done and he is still young.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Dude, this team has a ton of problems, but Rask ain't really one. He wasn't exceedingly sharp last night, but he had ZERO offensive support, horrible coaching support and lame defensive support.

Rask has won his share of games for this motley crew this year. If he wasn't the goalie he is, we'd be sitting 12th looking forward to lottery luck.

What I wouldn't give to have good lottery odds right now if they can't be better than last night.

Ninth place is the absolute worst place in the league. Abject mediocrity.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
You said they were on a win streak because they scored. I gave you the numbers on that streak, and only that streak because that's what you were talking about.

Why is it so hard for you to give Rask credit for anything?

We weren't talking about rask during that streak. Anyways he got plenty of praise for it. We were talking about last night and how he got outplayed by holtby. Why is it so hard to admit it?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
When someone makes gay jokes and calls people fanboys its probably not worth putting any value into their opinions and giving them more attention by arguing with them.

I'd also argue that should get them thread banned but what do I know.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
We weren't talking about rask during that streak. Anyways he got plenty of praise for it. We were talking about last night and how he got outplayed by holtby. Why is it so hard to admit it?

I'm talking about you refusing to give Rask credit for anything. You boiled a five game win streak down to the team in front of him scoring goals, which you were wrong about.

I don't get you feel the need to give Holtby so much credit other than to **** on Rask some more.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
When someone makes gay jokes and calls people fanboys its probably not worth putting any value into their opinions and giving them more attention by arguing with them.

The mods here have the patience of saints.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Read lobsters post first before you jump to conclusions. No hatred on my part hali. Just flinging back what's flung at me lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad