Boston Bruins Bruins have discussed resting captain Patrice Bergeron

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins schedule is brutal the last month and a half of the season ... it would probably be wise to manage recovery time between games for all the players; and if that means players are held out of games at certain times - so be it ... especially the older players.
They are on worst part of schedule right now you ask me.Just played 2 in NY home for 1 then into Canada out for 3 in Florida back into Canada vs Leafs. Home vs Crapitals then road again vs Stars and Preds ,home for 2 then head West for 4 starting in Seattle .That's a killer run with 13 of 17 on road with hard travel.

Reactions: Gordoff and TCB

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Exactly

Bergeron decided he could take one more run at the mountain, that in turn convinced DK to return, and most likely neither would have come back if Cassidy was still coach.

There is something going on in that room that is driving them.

We as fans are shocked by this and I suspect management is as well. The room however doesn't seem surprised.

That speaks volumes.
Fenway, that seems to suggest one and done? Do you think so?

Obviously this is a season to absolutely love and soak in - and the future will be the future. I was just hoping given the amazing seasons that PB37 and DK46 are putting in that they might be talked into another year after this one.

Hate to be greedy.... but.... well....... Please Sir, I want some more.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Every day is a risk. We saw Max Pacioretty pop his achilles in the final minute of an already-decided 5-2 game last night, which is a huge blow to Carolina. Other players will just play through 82 games with nary a scratch.

They'll have their #1 seed reasonably locked up by mid-March. But if you sit everyone for like the entire last month, I don't think it sets them up to be sharp in April and May. So it's a risk you have to live with. I would consider just sitting some guys in the final week or so, especially that second-to-last game against Washington considering they run around and headshot people. Knowing Bergeron's character, I just don't think you're going to see any kind of NBA style load management here. Just play out the games and hope for the best.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Every day is a risk. We saw Max Pacioretty pop his achilles in the final minute of an already-decided 5-2 game last night, which is a huge blow to Carolina. Other players will just play through 82 games with nary a scratch.

They'll have their #1 seed reasonably locked up by mid-March. But if you sit everyone for like the entire last month, I don't think it sets them up to be sharp in April and May. So it's a risk you have to live with. I would consider just sitting some guys in the final week or so, especially that second-to-last game against Washington considering they run around and headshot people. Knowing Bergeron's character, I just don't think you're going to see any kind of NBA style load management here. Just play out the games and hope for the best.
Didn't he just come back from that injury too?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Exactly

Bergeron decided he could take one more run at the mountain, that in turn convinced DK to return, and most likely neither would have come back if Cassidy was still coach.

We as fans are shocked by this and I suspect management is as well. The room however doesn't seem surprised.

That speaks volumes.
The legacy is on the line.

Let’s face it, they’ve underachieved as a group during their contention window(s).

Bergeron needs that second Cup.

Amazing, amazing career regardless of what happens this season, but what a way it would be to go out with another Cup.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Exactly

That speaks volumes.
I always kinda knew Bergy would be back as his game is still so good. His reasons for maybe not returning (not published) were not due to HIS health.

Reactions: Alicat

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I feel like all the top guys’ minutes are down most nights already. If they’re gonna rest a few guys here and there down the stretch because that’s what the players want then so be it. They know their bodies. Nothing for me to do but trust their decision

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The other wrench in the equation: The B's are really tight against the cap and roster limits. By the end of the year are you even going to be able to call up a few extra guys to give Bergy, Krejci, Marchand, etc. nights off?

Right now they're carrying 12 F, 8 D, and 2 G. Looks like Koppanen is no longer listed as on the active roster. So unless you have a corresponding IR move, if you want to bring up more than one forward, you probably have to waive Stralman or Zboril again. And with all those back to backs at the end of the season, I feel like you need to save a spot for Kinkaid too. So it's a crunch from that standpoint.

Reactions: Gordoff

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
The other wrench in the equation: The B's are really tight against the cap and roster limits. By the end of the year are you even going to be able to call up a few extra guys to give Bergy, Krejci, Marchand, etc. nights off?

Right now they're carrying 12 F, 8 D, and 2 G. Looks like Koppanen is no longer listed as on the active roster. So unless you have a corresponding IR move, if you want to bring up more than one forward, you probably have to waive Stralman or Zboril again. And with all those back to backs at the end of the season, I feel like you need to save a spot for Kinkaid too. So it's a crunch from that standpoint.
Are they banking cap space with DeBrusk on IR, @DominicT ?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
He posted something about it back when he first got injured and I believe his answer was yes, but not really as much as you'd think and not likely enough to accrue any significant space for the deadline
I wrote a term paper on the new (at the time) NHL Collective Bargaining Agreement my freshman year of college (2005), but I’ll be damned if I can figure out some of the intricacies and exploitable loopholes when it comes to LTIR.

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad