Post-Game Talk: Bruins feeling Blue..Fall 3-2

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I don't like the "misplacement" line. Yeah Krejci is more skilled and a possible better match, but Bergeron is still a top 10 center in this league and top 25 "offensive" center. And Marchand is no slouch himself. He had a fair chance to get things going with them.

I've been patient with him and will continue to be patient. But it's fair to start getting a bit concerned IMO. When I saw Soderberg find him with that brilliant pass out of the corner in the first last night and Loui didn't even guess it was coming until it was past him, it looked awful. He's not a 4th line talent. He should be thriving next to a guy in Soderberg who is literally blossoming in front of our eyes. If Loui was holding up his end of the bargain that line would be lighting it up, and that's even while carrying Chris Kelly.

eriksson just seems slow.
slow to make decisions and slow skating.

reminds me of how kevin stevens played when we signed him.

he's not cutting it. we need some offense besides #34 on that line.

You guys know I am probably the Yet's biggest supporter, but that pass to Eriksson was bouncing. When Loui is going good, he settles that and scores, but he's obviously not up to speed yet.

It sounds like an excuse, (and it may be one :laugh:) but I blame the inexperience in the system and then the concussions. I watched Loui quite a bit in DAL on Center Ice and absolutely loved the guys game. He is much better than what he has shown. I think without the concussions he would be rolling by now, but as we have seen in the past, players often look slow, or sluggish when they return to the ice after a concussion and he had two.

Unfortunately, it will probably be awhile before he's back up to speed, and if you look at past history with guys like Bergeron, Horton, and even Marchand, this should come as no surprise to anyone.

The Stevens thing was just a low blow, and not comparable in my humble opinion :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
eriksson just seems slow.
slow to make decisions and slow skating.

reminds me of how kevin stevens played when we signed him.

he's not cutting it. we need some offense besides #34 on that line.

Really?? I don`t see that. He isn`t fast in the sense that he`ll win the foot race, but to be honest, I don`t find him slow to react when he has the puck, I actually see him seeing the game well and putting the puck into places he anticipates his linemates will be

It`ll come, some (not saying you) are in full blown panic mode about his game and Stevens??? Please, Loui`s worst game is better than Stevens best in a Bruins uni

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Did Loui also have concussion issues last season with Dallas ? He was not very productive for them, with 29 points in 48 games.

He looks to be on the downside of his career already.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
You guys know I am probably the Yet's biggest supporter, but that pass to Eriksson was bouncing. When Loui is going good, he settles that and scores, but he's obviously not up to speed yet.

It sounds like an excuse, (and it may be one :laugh:) but I blame the inexperience in the system and then the concussions. I watched Loui quite a bit in DAL on Center Ice and absolutely loved the guys game. He is much better than what he has shown. I think without the concussions he would be rolling by now, but as we have seen in the past, players often look slow, or sluggish when they return to the ice after a concussion and he had two.

Unfortunately, it will probably be awhile before he's back up to speed, and if you look at past history with guys like Bergeron, Horton, and even Marchand, this should come as no surprise to anyone.

The Stevens thing was just a low blow, and not comparable in my humble opinion :laugh:

I agree completely. This is not the Loui I know and love from Dallas. He's capable of a heck of a lot more. The effort is there however, and the intensity is coming back. I think he'll be fine and will turn it around when it counts.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I don't get all the Loui panic. I'll let the playoffs speak for his line, and this team. B's look great, going in and coming back down 2 vs the Blues is no joke, specially minus your captain. Team is exactly where they should be, and hopefully a 10-12 point lead on Tampa by the last week of the season will mean 2 games off for Rask, Chara and others before the grind.

No idea how people can be upset about 7 point lead on Tampa with 1 in hand, and a whopping +46 goal differential. We're killing it.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I don't get all the Loui panic. I'll let the playoffs speak for his line, and this team. B's look great, going in and coming back down 2 vs the Blues is no joke, specially minus your captain. Team is exactly where they should be, and hopefully a 10-12 point lead on Tampa by the last week of the season will mean 2 games off for Rask, Chara and others before the grind.

No idea how people can be upset about 7 point lead on Tampa with 1 in hand, and a whopping +46 goal differential. We're killing it.

im not upset.
just something to talk about.

I honestly thought loui was a faster skater. Maybe he isnt.
Hopefully things come together for him after the olympics.

i was quite pleased with our game last nite.
Im still calling it a win, just because Im counting that iggy chance in OT as a goal

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
im not upset.
just something to talk about.

I honestly thought loui was a faster skater. Maybe he isnt.
Hopefully things come together for him after the olympics.

i was quite pleased with our game last nite.
Im still calling it a win, just because Im counting that iggy chance in OT as a goal

Smart and skilled are what he was advertised as having....never fast.

We'll see the real Loui.

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can
Solid game by the Bs. Nobody expected them to win in St.Louis without Chara. Rask let in three rather soft goals. Maybe Chia should've kept Khudobin instead of Rask. Rask is a very good goalie, but how much of it is the system? Look at Timmy, he looks average in Florida. I think Khudobin could've had the same stats, if not better, as Rask. He is playing lights out in Carolina, making Ward look bad. I hate giving huge contracts to goalies. Could've had Khudobin at half price, and flipped Rask for a great young player. Didn't Chicago do something like that after they won their 1st cup and went with Crawford the next season? But that's water under the bridge now. Gotta support Rask.

Also wanted to dump on Kelly. Guy is the new Pandolfo. And CJ is gonna stick with him till someone pries him out of his grip. Don't understand why Paille isn't playing the 3rd line. I hate when they force crap down our throats when we know better. Pandolfo was a mistake, and playing Kelly on the 3rd is one to.

Sorry for the negative post after such a strong game by the Bs. I was happy with the effort. Guess I'm just venting out what bugs me.

Madturk

Oct 31, 2013
Florida
Tough to lose after coming back like that. Didn't get to see the game because NBC sports cable had MMA on. So I'm hearing mixed reviews on Rask. Didn't sound like one of his best efforts.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Tough to lose after coming back like that. Didn't get to see the game because NBC sports cable had MMA on. So I'm hearing mixed reviews on Rask. Didn't sound like one of his best efforts.

Not a great game for Rask. The Bruins really limited St. Louis's chances and shots. I felt he should have had the first goal by Steen. The third goal was ugly, but fluky and more of Soderberg's fault than Rask's.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

Wasn't terrible, but you want at least 1 of those first 2 goals stopped. He just looked a little off, was playing a little deep and missed his angles. Even Tuukka on a bad night is better than 80% of the rest of the league, just have higher expectations for him. Team played well enough to win, couple less than great goals against, missed calls, bad bounces. ***** happens :)

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal

Didn't get to see the game neither but I looked at the highlights after reading so many posts about soft goals and I got a good chuckle. There is zero credit given to a guy who blasts one on the inside post from the faceoff circle, it's always the goalie giving up a soft goal.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site

I do have a slight panic with Loui because he started his downward trend last season. It was enough that Dallas decided they could part with him. He hasnt looked quite right or comfortable in Claude's system to date. I think that is a good reason for concern.

I really dont care until the playoffs like you said. If he is playing this same exact way then I will have big concerns.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
@ESPNJoeyMac 1m
Eriksson missed practice cuz he's spending the day getting dental work done after Thursday's injury. He will be in the lineup Saturday.

Poor Loui

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
lol I just watched the highlights again. The first two goals were absolute snipes to the top corners. No idea what people are seeing, not soft goals.
Both were excellent shots, especially the first one. Steen beats every goalie who has ever lived with that shot.

The gap control on both the regulation time goals was awful. If Bartkowski (who played well) makes a hard stop, instead of backing in the whole way he steers Steen wide or tips the shot. The shot should have never gotten off. The second one was similar. Miller needs to close that gap.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Both were excellent shots, especially the first one. Steen beats every goalie who has ever lived with that shot.

The gap control on both the regulation time goals was awful. If Bartkowski (who played well) makes a hard stop, instead of backing in the whole way he steers Steen wide or tips the shot. The shot should have never gotten off. The second one was similar. Miller needs to close that gap.
e.

Baloney, when Rask is on his game he makes those saves. He is leaking like a sieve as of late and is actually making the shooters look good. Even against Vancouver he gave up a terrible goal, shot from the point with no traffic, even though it was knuckling a bit you have to stop it, almost like a baseball catcher fielding a throw in the dirt.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Solid game by the Bs. Nobody expected them to win in St.Louis without Chara. Rask let in three rather soft goals. Maybe Chia should've kept Khudobin instead of Rask. Rask is a very good goalie, but how much of it is the system? Look at Timmy, he looks average in Florida. I think Khudobin could've had the same stats, if not better, as Rask. He is playing lights out in Carolina, making Ward look bad. I hate giving huge contracts to goalies. Could've had Khudobin at half price, and flipped Rask for a great young player. Didn't Chicago do something like that after they won their 1st cup and went with Crawford the next season? But that's water under the bridge now. Gotta support Rask.

Also wanted to dump on Kelly. Guy is the new Pandolfo. And CJ is gonna stick with him till someone pries him out of his grip. Don't understand why Paille isn't playing the 3rd line. I hate when they force crap down our throats when we know better. Pandolfo was a mistake, and playing Kelly on the 3rd is one to.

Sorry for the negative post after such a strong game by the Bs. I was happy with the effort. Guess I'm just venting out what bugs me.

That's funny.

I can picture Julien, Chia, Neely sitting around laughing about forcing some obviously horrible strategy on the fans. They must give us a lot of thought when making decisions.

bostone737

Jun 21, 2011
Toronto
Didn't get to see the game neither but I looked at the highlights after reading so many posts about soft goals and I got a good chuckle. There is zero credit given to a guy who blasts one on the inside post from the faceoff circle, it's always the goalie giving up a soft goal.

Ya, not sure what some of us are talking about, none of them goals were really soft last night. First goal steen let go a great shot. Second goal rask was screened. Third goal was kind of soft, but not really because of rask, soderberg made a bad play and kelly could have really prevented it if he just took the body on oshie instead of trying to poke check the puck or whatever he did there. If we were st louis we would be saying today we scored three great goals but since we have become spoiled boston fans we think every game should be a shutout.

Btw, that play by pietrangelo last night was amazing, as was tyat shot by marchand

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I mean Soderberg gives him a great pass in the first period and he's all alone in front and he can't even find the puck. He looked like Paille.

When I saw Soderberg find him with that brilliant pass out of the corner in the first last night and Loui didn't even guess it was coming until it was past him, it looked awful.

That pass was wobbly, though, he took a swing at it, but it jumped over his stick, iirc.

I don't like the "misplacement" line. Yeah Krejci is more skilled and a possible better match, but Bergeron is still a top 10 center in this league and top 25 "offensive" center. And Marchand is no slouch himself. He had a fair chance to get things going with them.

Neither were that great to start the season, though, to be honest. Before his first concussion, Eriksson made several great plays setting up Bergy and Marshy, even though they hadn't glued. Bergy was snake-bitten and Marshy just gave up on loads of plays back then.

Edit: Glorydaze beat me to the first point. Damn.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I do have a slight panic with Loui because he started his downward trend last season. It was enough that Dallas decided they could part with him. He hasnt looked quite right or comfortable in Claude's system to date. I think that is a good reason for concern.

I really dont care until the playoffs like you said. If he is playing this same exact way then I will have big concerns.

I just want him to be a solid 3rd line forward.I hope he can raise his intensity by the playoffs.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
I've said all year I expect him to get better, but for those of you that aren't worried at all and say to wait for the playoffs, how close to the start of the playoffs are we going to get before you are worried?

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
That's funny.

I can picture Julien, Chia, Neely sitting around laughing about forcing some obviously horrible strategy on the fans. They must give us a lot of thought when making decisions.

Actually, They do read the boards to get ideas and info from the l'fers.
After all... We know better.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

On a brutal Stars team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad