Post-Game Talk: Bruins feeling Blue..Fall 3-2

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Great point someone made earlier that we had 5 D-men with less than 1 yr of NHL experience and no Chara out there tonight. Along with playing in their barn , this team almost pulled it off. Full blame goes to the forwards who didn't bury their chances and Rask taking a nap on that turkey wrap goal:cry:

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Boychuk: "When a guy hits [Krug] like that, I want to show him that we're not going to take that. We've had too many guys go down this year"

Even though it was a clean hit Love Johnny B

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
New definition of softie on this board

softie=any puck that goes in the net against a Bruin wearing #40

**** is getting stupid up in here

I swear to god if he doesn't get a shutout there's always someone immediately after he lets a goal in calling it a softie and whining about his contract. It's become so predictable.
It doesn't matter how much you pay them, they aren't going to make every save. He leads the league in shutouts. Who would you rather have in our net?
The cluster**** of errors that led to the OT goal should be the first thing criticized. Or the amount of blown offensive opportunities that kept us off the scoreboard most the game.
All things considered getting a point out of this game is pretty great.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Boychuk: "When a guy hits [Krug] like that, I want to show him that we're not going to take that. We've had too many guys go down this year"

Even though it was a clean hit Love Johnny B

I still think the guy took a pretty huge run at Krug. I know we like to appear unbiased but still....

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
First game I missed all year (happens to be my two favorite teams too). Doesn't seem like we played too poorly looking at the stat sheet considering how short-manned we were.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Getting real tired of the Rask Hate Machine.

Some of you jackwagons don't even know what a "softie" is.

Played a good game considering the circumstances, that Iggy miss nearly made me ill.

Can't win em all, i'll gladly take the point.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yeah Tuukka made some nice saves this game but he should've had the 1st goal (unscreened and not deflected) and the OT goal.

Seriously would all of you Rask disciples say he (not to mention the highest cap hit Bruin) had no chance on that OT losing goal had it been against St. Louis in game 7 SCF OT...?

He's been garbage lately aside the Vancouver game.

Even Brick has stated Johnson has outplayed him lately...

kytem2

Nov 18, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Just saying, that Rask's stats are marginally better than Johnson's...in spite of Rask making $7,000,000 and Johnson making $600,000.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Just saying, that Rask's stats are marginally better than Johnson's...in spite of Rask making $7,000,000 and Johnson making $600,000.

In a smaller sample, routinely against inferior competition.

One is WIDELY considered as the best goaltender in the World, the other is a disposable back up.

You want Chad Johnson starting a game 7? I don't.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
Honestly, Bruin fans are ****ing ridiculously spoiled with goaltending. Rask might be the best goalie in the World. He has a mediocre couple of weeks and people want him benched for Chad "I start against bad teams" Johnson.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Every fanbase criticizes their goalie but Boston fans have been lucky.

The issue is that because the goalies are so good in today's NHL...it is ridiculously hard to score goals...so one bad one against causes fans to flip out...especially if the team is low-scoring because one goal against means that the team needs at least 2 to win. Also the way the goals are scored today...the shots are rarely clean so that gives the idea to fans that "he should have had it". We're not talking about a one-time blast...instead it's rebound control...which is an indication that the goalies stop practically every first shot.

This is connected in my opinion why people are all over the refs more than in the past....They call certain things more tightly....like recently in the Behind the B...I think there was a "holding" penalty on Campbell when he just put his hand out and touched an opposing player.

In the past to me it was more that the game was in the player's hands and only really obvious penalties were called. Now the refs have too many things to watch for in a game that has sped up so much that they are put in a situation to screw up.

Anyway last night's games were even lower scoring than usual...11 games and in only 1 of them a team scored 5 goals.

So yea almost every game is close...but the games are close because legitimate scoring chances for most teams are few and far between. There is the "appearance" of good scoring chances because the announcers yell and scream and make the game about themselves...but it's pretty obvious most of the time there is no chance puck going in the net. In my opinion the size and skill of the goalies is problem #1 in the NHL today...Then again I grew up watching in the early 90s when it didn't take a miracle for the puck to go in the net...nowadays it's almost like a running back dragging a football across the line while being tackled...nice for football but it sucks for hockey. Like the OT winner last night....you play 60 minutes just to see a guy win the game by pitchforking the puck in the net? Either that or it's a random deflection like Rosival's shot for the game winner in the SCF last year. 3 overtimes and it's a crap goal.

Last edited:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Who said that ? I didn't.

Rask has been ok this season, but has been pulled from games 4 times in the last 2 months.

Blues fan first saying I would take Rask over any other goalie in the league every time for any situation. For my money on a PO goalie I want Rask first, Quick second and Harding 3rd (if healthy.) I'd take Rask's fierce competitiveness come PO time all day long, over Halak's "potential" :rolleyes: Montreal 2010 PO repeat.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Getting real tired of the Rask Hate Machine.

Some of you jackwagons don't even know what a "softie" is.

Played a good game considering the circumstances, that Iggy miss nearly made me ill.

Can't win em all, i'll gladly take the point.

Wake up!
Rask should have had the first goal and the third. Some gave Claude crap for pulling Tuuka a few games back. In some situation he lacks that competitive fire.The D played fine and were in the game the whole way.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Tired of the excuses for Rask, yes he is a top flight goalie but for the past month or so he has been very mediocre giving up softie after softie, how much longer are the Rask apologists going to keep on saying it's OK.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Well written. The Bruins are paying him as a top five keeper and he is playing like the middle of the road guy. I believe that last time Rask stole a game was against San Jose at home months ago.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Don't think he's serious? :laugh:

Some of you lot are getting trolled so hard, so very hard, by members of your own fanbase. It's sort of oddly fascinating watching everyone eat their own. :laugh:

Glad to see the first two lines wake up in the third. Soderberg can be the best forward on the ice for most of the game and still cough up that ugly turnover that led directly to the game winner all at once. Doesn't negate the good he did, doesn't excuse the bad. He's still technically a rookie.

They went into the barn of one of the best teams in the West and brought them to overtime icing a damn bantam defense. I'll take that every day and twice on Sunday.

Go talk to an Isles fan. You'll see real agony. Those are some miserable mother****ers right about now.

Dan is so damn deadpan sometimes, my sarcasm meter doesn't work properly. I hope he was joking, or I may need to stop in and check on him to make sure he's not curled up in the fetal position.

I'm sure the 5 minute commentary from Jack and Brick about how good Sobotka has become in STL, followed up by Warsofsky's less than stellar play defensively, didn't help. I know I was pretty agitated about it :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Johnson starts and plays well tomorrow we should be looking at a 17 day goalie controversy.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Johnson starts and plays well tomorrow we should be looking at a 17 day goalie controversy.

Tuukka hasnt played consistent since the 6-1 detroit game.
he's clearly our #1, but im pretty sure his mind is elsewhere right now.

all that matters is how he plays after April.

i do think we win last nite if ocho was in net though. He's seeing the puck better than tuukka right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad