GDT: Bruins @ Detroit - Part Duex

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
btw, I'm going with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce with that crow on Loui;)

if management wanted to give Spooner a few weeks to see how he does and then decide if they keep him and move Campbell, Claude pretty much sent them a message to Chiarelli he does not want Spooner and wants Campbell

my view is Ryan is traded by Thanksgiving because the coach pretty much rejected him for about the third known time this season

I think you're going a little heavy with the conspiracy sauce here. Desperately needing a win, I think if CJ thought playing Spooner would help get it, he would have played him more.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Worried about tomorrow night. Feeling 5-1, Habs. We get knocked around, Lucic takes a stupid penalty for 5-10+ PIMs, and only one of McQuaid or Miller in the line up to drop the gloves. Yuck. One thing that was great in the past was knowing even if we lost on the scoreboard we still could break, crush, and smash them with hits and fights.

Seeing as you've already played the game, then you won't need to waste your time watching it! :)

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
I almost smashed my remote on the floor on bergy's call in overtime.

... i may or may not have anger problems...

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Team has work to do, but man did they need that win.

Also was impressed with Gagne. He didn't do anything too spectacular, but at least he was noticeable for good reasons unlike all the other trash tryout guys the Bruins brought in over the years.

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
Nice to see the pride kick into gear, and with it the effort. Yes there was some skill involved in the win, but a lot of it was sheer determination. As a fan, for one night, I'm satisfied.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
solid effort. The boys deserved these 2 points. Babcock, you can't play all your games vs us when we are on the 2nd leg of back to backs. who do you think you are, the scabs? Speaking of which, with Chara at 3:22 PPTOI and 28:08 TOI i'm sure he's gonna be pissah tomorrow night.

Good to see Looch engaged. He needs to play with men on his line, not boys.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island

Also was impressed with Gagne. He didn't do anything too spectacular, but at least he was noticeable for good reasons unlike all the other trash tryout guys the Bruins brought in over the years.

I was impressed too. If not for a couple ridiculous saves/luck on Howard's part, Simon could have easily won that game for the B's before the damn shootout.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
That Nyquist. The new Bruins nemesis. 4 goals in 4 games against the B's.

Yeah, the kid can haul ass and rip it. Thinks shot like too many of ours think pass.

Franzen got away w/ some crap on the 2nd goal. Looked like Hamilton shot him, takes out Sieds Doug Glatt style, and Nyquist just steps into the gap and rips it. I know it's poor form to ***** a/b the calls, or non-calls.. but wtf. Save the WWF officiating for the habs, at least we're used to it.

Wings get away w/ a lot of stuff like stick holds and picks that slow you up just enough, then they take advantage of the space w/ their speed. Forgot how frustrating that was against them in the playoffs. They're good at it.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

He may be able to play in the top 9 which will far exceed most people's expectations.The Bruins had far too many "prospects" in the lineup in the first few games which is why I wasn't surprised by the slow start.Still think we need a top 6 RW.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He may be able to play in the top 9 which will far exceed most people's expectations.The Bruins had far too many "prospects" in the lineup in the first few games which is why I wasn't surprised by the slow start.Still think we need a top 6 RW.

The thing that has me optimistic is the fact this is the first time he's seen action in 18 months. If he looked that competent in his first game, odds are he should only continue to improve.

Assuming he stays healthy, that is. *knocks on wood*

But agreed on both points.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
The boys really deserved this win. Now on to Montreal. A win tomorrow night would be a major confidence boost.

And it's official; Reilly's brother is a little *****.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
The B's are taking form. Our puck possession was excellent tonight, it's amazing what happens when Bergeron isn't the only one driving possession for us.

Still had some poorly-timed mistakes by key players... when Krejci coughed up the puck trying to leave the zone and allowed a breakaway I thought that was the game. Good news is that these turnovers are almost all preventable... just stop trying to pass the puck at such inopportune times, move it up yourself and dump it if you have to.

Our speed is still lacking but smart positioning can at least serve as a stop gap until we acquire someone. Last season in the playoffs we eventually figured out how to counter the Wing's speed and stretch passing, it actually became a liability for them.

I think this game will do a lot for the confidence of our guys, especially our top line. Hopefully this confidence will be evident tomorrow night in Montreal, because that's gonna be a tough 2 points.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
If that Paille post ping goes in (nice pass by Gagne to spring him, btw), and we convert on that 3-on-1, we win a rather more convincing 4-2 in reg.

The effort is improving and things have looked more cohesive over the past couple of games. A solid 60 against the habs would be huge for keeping the momentum going.

hubey

Nov 19, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Big win for the B's. Much better effort than we have seen in the first four games.

I was not a fan of the Gagne signing but I have to admit he looked real good tonight. Even while on the line with Spooner and Paile they looked good so not sure why Claude benched Spooner.

This team looks so much better with Krejci in the lineup.
Lets hope for a strong game in Montreal.

putabergeronthegrill

Oct 31, 2011
Big win for the B's. Much better effort than we have seen in the first four games.

I was not a fan of the Gagne signing but I have to admit he looked real good tonight. Even while on the line with Spooner and Paile they looked good so not sure why Claude benched Spooner.

This team looks so much better with Krejci in the lineup.
Lets hope for a strong game in Montreal.

yea I agree, the Spooner Gagne Paille line looked great.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He is single handedly responsible for breaking up opponents rush plays in the neutral zone almost every single shift he is out on the ice.

He was in full Cage mode tonight. So glad he's healthy and able to contribute in all areas of the ice.

That PK during OT was fantastic. He looked exhausted after that. I'm curious to see what his highest TOI for a game is for his career because he played over 17 minutes tonight.

So happy he's proving those who are going out of their way to bash him ( Felger) wrong.

Keep it up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad