GDT: Bruins @ Detroit - Part Duex

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
good win
is detroit really that bad??

lucic=horrible. hopefully he gets up for the game tonite.
soderberg= beast again. like someone else said, trade louii and spooner for some talent on his wing.

id like to see smith on the first line, and give gagne a try with bergie and marchy.

miller looked lost last nite.
we need a #3 dman badly- mcquaid, miller and bart have all been bad. they are #6 defenseman.

we need to convert on our odd man rushes.
that pass by louii on the 2 on 1? come on man

We don't have the assets to acquire a top line RW and a top-4 defensemen. At least not without losing somebody big. Eriksson and Spooner can combine for a decent top 4 wing but still, let's see how Gagne turns out before we pull the trigger on any big moves.

fighterfoo

Time for a change.
Nov 29, 2005
Manchester, NH
Milan "The Invisible Man" needs to be demoted to the 4th line or given a bus ticket to Providence.

Lucic better play like his old self against the Habs tomorrow night. He needs to get a Gordie Howe hattie against the vile and disgusting Habs. If Lucic doesn't punch out the Weasel, that would make a liar that doesn't deserve to wear the Black and Gold jersey.

Lucic would have to pass through waivers to be demoted to Providence. Someone would pick him up in a heartbeat. Not to mention the fact that we wouldn't ever demote him to the A, ever ever ever. He'll find his game.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
Gagne looked great, really impressed by him.

I don't think Lucic had a bad game, he is progressing and the last two games he has looked much better. He will be back, especially now that Krejci is back.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
gagne did look good, pretty crazy that after just 8 mins of ice time he found himself on the first line.. feel bad for all these kids getting their shot when lucic has been such an abomination this year.. just killing offensive plays . this team is so board oriented that none of these offensive guys are going to look good.. on the other hand how terrible was kevan miller last night.. i actually felt bad for him rather than mad. third was a little better for him but wow, overall, not good

member 96824

BTW if Bergeron, Chara or Krejci were coming back from wrist surgery they would be afforded the chance to play into themselves...Lucic should be afforded the same opportunity.

Definitely true...but the wrist shouldn't affect the skating game. Effort was better last night even if the play wasn't. Thats all I ask from #17 right now. Put in the work.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Hopefully the best crow I ever taste will be on Gagne...I would go with this...

Lucic-DK-Gagne
Bergy Line
Yeti Line
Paille-Cunningham-Robins

Not bad, but I prefer:

17-46-12/18
63-37-12/18
25/51-34-21
20-23-(CC, Griff, Robins, Knight, Ferlin)

17+46, 63+37, 34+21, 20+23

I think that Carl and Loui would bring out the best in either Fraser or Spooner and that Kelly and Paille on the 4th line gives you a 4th "pair" that the B's supposedly like to build around and a line that can handle the other team's best in road games (where the B's won't have last change).

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Not bad, but I prefer:

17-46-12/18
63-37-12/18
25/51-34-21

I think that Carl and Loui would bring out the best in either Fraser or Spooner and that Kelly and Paille on the 4th line gives you a 4th "pair" that the B's supposedly like to build around and a line that can handle the other team's best in road games (where the B's won't have last change).

Pretty bad ass lines bro,...like em. Would love to see Smith w Looch

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Right now, Yeti looks like a man among kids on this Bruins team.

He's really impressed me and he's taking the body so much more!

If there was ever a way to move him to the wings on either top 2 line, he could easily pop 30 IMO.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Definitely true...but the wrist shouldn't affect the skating game. Effort was better last night even if the play wasn't. Thats all I ask from #17 right now. Put in the work.

inability to work out in the offseason would affect his skating game though

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont

Agreed.

He's skating has gotten better since game 1 though, but you can tell he's still not confident in his shot.......he tried that Joe Thornton move along the boards in the 3rd instead of shooting it, he curled, lost the puck and got called for tripping.

He's still a force on the ice though...he laid some nice hits.

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I can see Caron being a future Paille

That will never happen. He sucks and hasn't any of the positives Paille brings as a player. Caron is a bust, he had so many chances and never did anything with it. It's time to get rid of him for good.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
That will never happen. He sucks and hasn't any of the positives Paille brings as a player. Caron is a bust, he had so many chances and never did anything with it. It's time to get rid of him for good.

Yeah, Caron can't skate and he's lazy. He can't be compared to Paille.

member 96824

Definitely true. Still is a lot of leg stuff you can do without the wrist.

I wonder how much of it is mental right now, not trusting the wrist. Obviously he's cleared by a medical team to play, so the wrist should at least be good enough for that.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Has Gagne ever played the right side (i didnt watch last night)

Yeah last night and looked good believe it or not.

Sometimes I forget these crusty old veteran goal scorers know exactly where to get to to create chances...just a matter if his legs can get him there fast enough, and if he can take the pounding..he still likes it in front of the net I see.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Not bad, but I prefer:

17-46-12/18
63-37-12/18
25/51-34-21

I like these different looks, specially If spooner can feed some onetimers to these Lefty's

Would probably never happen but what about these 2 lines
17➖46➖63
12➖37➖18
Bergy still gets a buddy and maybe sparks the 2wingers on Krech line

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hopefully the best crow I ever taste will be on Gagne...I would go with this...

Lucic-DK-Gagne
Bergy Line
Yeti Line
Paille-Cunningham-Robins

I like those lines. I definitely want Cunningham back I liked the way he played when he was up. Robins too. Guy hits like a truck and has a motor that never stops.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Definitely true. Still is a lot of leg stuff you can do without the wrist.

I wonder how much of it is mental right now, not trusting the wrist. Obviously he's cleared by a medical team to play, so the wrist should at least be good enough for that.

To punch a Hab n the face tonight, That should be a good test

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad