Bruins demote Justin Florek, Alex Khokhlachev, Ryan Spooner, and Jeremy Smith

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
I was thinking Pastrnak with Spooner and Griffith with Khoko (I think they played together last year in Providence, can't remember though). You're right, Looch probably plays with Spooner.

So glad the Islanders are streaming the game.

Is there a link to the game?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
They are playing in a NHL game. Hard to do that without being recalled. Maybe some of you guys should`ve waited till Monday before *****ing about Chia`s pre-season moves. Some/all of these guys may be back in Providence by then, but I would not be surprised if one of these guys plays most of the season in Boston .

I would.

Barring injury forcing their hands, looks like the B's are going with the good ole boys for one more run? No new kids allowed :D

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
Rds analyse of bruins " bruins will be older and more slow and it is the reason of their lost in playoffs"

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Rds analyse of bruins " bruins will be older and more slow and it is the reason of their lost in playoffs"

Losing Iginla and Thornton sure did make us slower....

And clearly the Bruins are the only team where players get one year older each year.

I feel like Artemis with this post. ;)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yeah, I remember you mentioning that a few days ago. Interesting.

Actually, it was two weeks ago ;)

With all this said can you put a percentage on how likely it is we move Boychuk?

Without names of players and such, do you believe we will be getting a worthwhile return?

a) I use this scale: Will never happen, Possible but not likely, Good chance, and Guaranteed - and in this case I say good chance.

b) Can only tell you what I know, and what I know is this. Bruins had discussions with a team and their offer was turned down (re Boychuk). That team requested (and am told the Bruins will oblige them) that IF they get an offer that they are going to accept for him, that they want the opportunity to match or better the offer. So its hard to say what the return will be unless I somehow knew what the Bruins were asking for him - and I don't

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Dom, do you know if roster last night was in response to the Islanders icing a bunch of kids, or was it because a forward spot on the roster might have opened up?

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom, do you know if roster last night was in response to the Islanders icing a bunch of kids, or was it because a forward spot on the roster might have opened up?

1) Warsofsky was a late scratch - something to watch especially if he doesn't play tonight (or is traded before then)

2) as for the forwards, pick your poison. Gagne hasn't signed and can't sign until there's a trade and they don't have the cap space at the moment. So, maybe they may walk away from that.

3) Don't think it had anything to do with the Islanders lineup. The CBA is very clear about number of days off and consecutive games played a player can take part in during camp. I think it was nothing more than sending these guys down to keep them on the ice (CBA doesn't affect AHL Camps) and they were going to come back up to play in one, maybe two last games anyway.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Really hoping someone else is traded and not Johnny. It would be a big, big mistake. :(

IMO, it all depends on what's coming back.

Draft picks, would be a mistake. A player that can immediately step into a Top 9 RW role and produce might not be (IMO).

Rest assured, if the value is not there, I don't see Chia pulling the trigger on JB and Bart would likely go.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

any time I see this analysis of that series I immediately know the author didn't actually watch the series. Bruins lost because they couldn't finish on their myriad of chances. The speed difference between the teams is way overblown. Also I would argue the habs physicality on their bottom lines was a much bigger factor in the series than their team speed.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 9s10 seconds ago
Warsofsky and Cunningham also on waivers in BOS. PIT puts Zatkoff , Sill, Ebbett and Chorney on waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad