Boston Bruins Bruins Clinch 2024 Playoff spot - The B's have made the playoffs every year since 2017 the longest streak in the NHL

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Don't forget your 50/50 tickets.
1711752318128.png

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
It's an accomplishment of which the organization should be proud.

We fans get a little spoiled, complaining when the B's aren't the last team standing in June.

But the reality is, making the playoffs isn't easy; they've just made it look like it is.
GREAT Post. Just love it all around. it is like criticizing the turkey....not knowing what it is like to be hungry!!!

this is just a great run and hope they will get some 2024 PO success. But what a season they are again giving

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Well I for one thought they were a wild card team at best and wasn’t going to be surprised if they missed the playoffs. Congratulations Monty and Brad on leading the team to the playoffs and quite possibly tops in the division…….again. Incredible! They lose their top two centers along with Taylor Hall, have a new captain take over, brought in a lot of new personnel and have found a way to have another strong year. Plenty we can say they have with some issues indeed, but let’s enjoy it and who knows what the playoffs will bring. I’d rather see them in it than not any day. We just might be surprised at how some guys will elevate their game we didn’t think in a way they could in the post season.

Let’s Go Bruins!

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
It's crap, not sure how, but everyone complains about it.
About 4 years ago, they said they were going to fix it, I think by adding move cooling pipes/compressors or something, but Covid hit, and it never got done. Why it hasn't been done in the off season I don't know.
Sharing a building with the Celtics probably doesn't help. Most teams that share with an NBA team have crap ice as well. The league should really get on Jacobs about fixing it if it truly is that bad. If they can have outdoor games with good ice there's no excuse.

Reactions: Gordoff

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
It's an impressive record. Unfortunately their record in the playoffs is not overly impressive at all. You could say they underachieved overall. The cup final years were good ones (even with only one good ending) but there were a lot of early exits and disappointments too.

This year I expect an early exit so maybe that'll mean a cup win.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sharing a building with the Celtics probably doesn't help. Most teams that share with an NBA team have crap ice as well. The league should really get on Jacobs about fixing it if it truly is that bad. If they can have outdoor games with good ice there's no excuse.

Mistakes were made when the FleetCenter was built 30 years ago. Bob Ryan famously wrote it was the Chevy Chevette of the new arenas.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Mistakes were made when the FleetCenter was built 30 years ago. Bob Ryan famously wrote it was the Chevy Chevette of the new arenas.
I remember a few years ago when they were supposed to fix the bad ice issue but instead added 400-500 new seats. All of the STH that I know were NOT pleased about that.

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I had a Chevette years and years ago! Great economy car. Just put gas and oil in it and your were fine. That being said I certainly didn’t want the new home of the Bruins to be built using the same ‘savings’ mentality. How sad that is. But like the product on the ice as long as there are always sell outs and full attendance why would you expect change……?

Reactions: rfournier103

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I remember a few years ago when they were supposed to fix the bad ice issue but instead added 400-500 new seats. All of the STH that I know were NOT pleased about that.
For JJ it’s all about making money. The season ticket holders will re-up or new ones will buy in whether the plant is upgraded or not. It doesn’t matter if high end free agents come here or not because we keep going to the games and watching on NESN. And JJ laughs all the way to the bank. He will do just enough to keep us buying. If the Bruins bottom out like they really did after the lockout, then he’ll make sure something gets done.

Money is how JJ keeps score. Not championships. Maybe he was bullied buy the jocks in high school. Maybe he’s compensating for… something? I don’t know. What I do know is that without Tim Thomas channeling Ken Dryden and Michael Ryder making the play of his life in the First Round in 2011, we find ourselves in a 52-year and counting Cup drought. And JJ wouldn’t give a shit.

I really hope that when Chuckie REALLY takes the reins, he decides that the best way to step out from his father’s shadow will be to win championships. If I had five minutes alone with him, I’d tell him that if the Bruins won four or five Cups under his watch, he would be remembered forever in New England as a hero who built the Bruins into a dynasty.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
For JJ it’s all about making money. The season ticket holders will re-up or new ones will buy in whether the plant is upgraded or not. It doesn’t matter if high end free agents come here or not because we keep going to the games and watching on NESN. And JJ laughs all the way to the bank. He will do just enough to keep us buying. If the Bruins bottom out like they really did after the lockout, then he’ll make sure something gets done.

Money is how JJ keeps score. Not championships. Maybe he was bullied buy the jocks in high school. Maybe he’s compensating for… something? I don’t know. What I do know is that without Tim Thomas channeling Ken Dryden and Michael Ryder making the play of his life in the First Round in 2011, we find ourselves in a 52-year and counting Cup drought. And JJ wouldn’t give a shit.

I really hope that when Chuckie REALLY takes the reins, he decides that the best way to step out from his father’s shadow will be to win championships. If I had five minutes alone with him, I’d tell him that if the Bruins won four or five Cups under his watch, he would be remembered forever in New England as a hero who built the Bruins into a dynasty.
I agree it is all about the $$$ but it is like that EVERYWHERE. I believe they would love to win as that brings in more $$$. An early exit from the playoffs is less $$ for them so their reason for wanting to win may be different than ours but they want to win.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I had a Chevette years and years ago! Great economy car. Just put gas and oil in it and your were fine. That being said I certainly didn’t want the new home of the Bruins to be built using the same ‘savings’ mentality. How sad that is. But like the product on the ice as long as there are always sell outs and full attendance why would you expect change……?
When Harold Ballard owned the Leafs he sat in that hole in the wall watching the games. There were rumours he gave scalpers tickets and got a percentage back. Leafs were lousy back then much like today. A reporter sat with him in the hole in the wall asked him what he thought of fans wearing bags over there heads. He said by the look of their faces they should wear bags. Said as long as they keep paying they can wear what ever they wish. All about the might buck.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I agree it is all about the $$$ but it is like that EVERYWHERE. I believe they would love to win as that brings in more $$$. An early exit from the playoffs is less $$ for them so their reason for wanting to win may be different than ours but they want to win.
Mike Illitch in Detroit truly understood that winning drove profits ....just not sure that the Jacobs fully understand the concept that first you need to spend and the Cups will follow

The cap was one of the best things that happened to the Bs ....the Bs always had a self imposed cap and the league implementing an hard cap actually leveled the ice

Where the Bs cut costs is off ice spending ....go to another arena or talk to STH
from teams and it becomes clear the Jacobs scrimp wherever they can ...the poor ice that has never been upgraded is only one example of many that make it clear first and foremost the franchise is a profit center...and the list goes on: off brand " ice cleaners", smaller seats, antiquated tv delivery, high ticket prices, high cost low quality low choice food options .....and on and on

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
‘….Coach Jim Montgomery isn't expecting to rest Marchand, who's 35, or other top players because he doesn't think they're being taxed that much as is. ’

I hope he changes his mind about that……
I think that’s a big mistake,he just doesn’t look right and I really don’t think he’s just snake bitten about getting a milestone goal.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
"The league should really get on Jacobs?" The tail doesn't wag the dog.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Mike Illitch in Detroit truly understood that winning drove profits ....just not sure that the Jacobs fully understand the concept that first you need to spend and the Cups will follow

The cap was one of the best things that happened to the Bs ....the Bs always had a self imposed cap and the league implementing an hard cap actually leveled the ice

Where the Bs cut costs is off ice spending ....go to another arena or talk to STH
from teams and it becomes clear the Jacobs scrimp wherever they can ...the poor ice that has never been upgraded is only one example of many that make it clear first and foremost the franchise is a profit center...and the list goes on: off brand " ice cleaners", smaller seats, antiquated tv delivery, high ticket prices, high cost low quality low choice food options .....and on and on
I've heard it said that in every other venue that Delaware North sells food, TD Garden (not sure about Fenway Park) the food is much better and more selections than what they make available at our sites. B's/Celts/Sox fans are basically a captive audience in regards to food purchase choices, and the prices charged. Of course at other venues the prices are probably high too but the food quality is much better and there are more choices.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad