Boston Bruins Bruins Clinch 2024 Playoff spot - The B's have made the playoffs every year since 2017 the longest streak in the NHL

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
As Sanderson once said its not how many its when you win them. Coyle is doing the best he can, its nothing to do with him personally. But to say it has no correlation to winning or losing is just flat out wrong.

Its magnified in the playoffs especially in the D zone.
The Panthers were only better than the Kraken and Wild from the dot in the playoffs last season. It has no correlation - statistically.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Rest everybody.
Screw home ice until Jacobs fixes it
What's wrong with the ice? Ice heaves? I know the ice by the zamboni doors is always terrible in every rink I go to. Hopefully they do a new sheet for the playoffs :laugh:

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Sportsnet has him ranked as the top FA center this offseason.

I'd like to hear your suggestions for what the Bruins should do to address the 1C issue. Enlighten me...
Sure. He’s not really a 1C, and at 30 years old, it would be silly to sign him for 7 years at $7M minimum, which is what it will take.

Either trade for someone or integrate Poitras along with Zacha and Coyle. You’re not getting a true #1 center - they are available very, very rarely. So build hard on the wings and on D and G rather than overpay for a 2C on the wrong side of the age curve.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The Panthers were only better than the Kraken and Wild from the dot in the playoffs last season. It has no correlation - statistically.
Use your eyeballs and watch how many draws we lose and then proceed to watch the next minute in a half being hemmed in the zone. It happens in every single game.

We don't have the team to overcome this flaw, we just don't.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Use your eyeballs and watch how many draws we lose and then proceed to watch the next minute in a half being hemmed in the zone. It happens in every single game.

Ok. Can never beat the eyes.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I don't get paid to run a team, DS does and frankly he decided this was good enough so lets see what the results are going to end up being.

Translation - "I've got no clue who they could trade for a legit center, but I'm going to bitch about it anyway."

What's wrong with the ice? Ice heaves? I know the ice by the zamboni doors is always terrible in every rink I go to. Hopefully they do a new sheet for the playoffs :laugh:

The ice plant is inadequate to keep the ice in good condition in the warm months, and it has been inadequate since day 1.

Babajingo

"The B's have made the playoffs every year since 2017 the longest streak in the NHL"

Monty Burns approved
1711729757517.png

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Bridge year to what? There is nothing on the other side. FA?

This was an almost puzzle in my view. Donny didn't pay attention to the last pieces or fail to.

Had all season to bring in a center via trade or other means but he failed. He hung his hat on an over achieving Coyle, and now I prey on every face-off in the d zone he takes doesn't end up in our net.

It's not Coyle fault he is what he is but it would have been nice to bringamount of cap space anyway,and also don’t believe they are the only team that is going to have cap space they have to resign or replace Debrusk,resign Swayman and replace other players leaving
Sooner or later they are going to lose to the Leafs in the playoffs. It's going to suck.
Thats just crazy talk.😆

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Anxiously awaiting to see how this team breaks my heart next. Everytime I think they've run out of ideas on how to, they think up and create a way to do it again

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
Matt Duchene, Chandler Stephenson, Sean Monahan and Elias Lindholm are all UFA. Those are off the top of my head. You could sign one and Jake or two and let Jake go and move Zacha to wing.

top C just don't really become avail.

Reactions: Gordoff

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Translation - "I've got no clue who they could trade for a legit center, but I'm going to bitch about it anyway."

No one really knows who is available at any position. I bet a couple years ago not a single person was guessing tkachuk would be moved for huberdeau+ heading into the postseason. Hell 99.9% of people probably didn’t think either was available for a trade.

#1 center is the biggest hole on this team and eventually needs to be addressed. To just scoff at people who say it’s needed is ridiculous.

The answer certainly isn’t to just avoid it.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
It's crap, not sure how, but everyone complains about it.
About 4 years ago, they said they were going to fix it, I think by adding move cooling pipes/compressors or something, but Covid hit, and it never got done. Why it hasn't been done in the off season I don't know.

Not that he is the savior, but my understanding is Beecher has done a very good job at the dot since his return.

Reactions: BTO and Gordoff

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Matt Duchene, Chandler Stephenson, Sean Monahan and Elias Lindholm are all UFA. Those are off the top of my head. You could sign one and Jake or two and let Jake go and move Zacha to wing.

top C just don't really become avail.

IMO, the team's big get should be Guentzel ( if he hits free agency ). It would help preserve Marchand and give the 2nd line a legit 30-40 goal scoring threat after Pasta comes off the ice. He's also had some good playoff runs. If DeBrusk walks, the Bruins will be hurting for top 6 wingers more than centers.

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

frankiess

Jan 31, 2019
Sure. He’s not really a 1C, and at 30 years old, it would be silly to sign him for 7 years at $7M minimum, which is what it will take.

Either trade for someone or integrate Poitras along with Zacha and Coyle. You’re not getting a true #1 center - they are available very, very rarely. So build hard on the wings and on D and G rather than overpay for a 2C on the wrong side of the age curve.
''integrate Poitras'' Yes. And sign Heinen.

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah
Look at team point totals, lots of very good teams.
Sure a team may be favored in the playoffs, but so much can happen in a series, or the further you go along.

1. Offense can dry up. This is the B's biggest possibility, but can happen to any team.
  2. Goalie can get super hot. This is the B's best possibility.
  3. Starting Goalie can get hurt. Doesn't affect Boston at all, 2 great goalies, although past playoff history is not so favorable for Ulmark.
  4. Wear and tear and Injuries to players. Playoffs is a marathon. B's good in Goalie, bottom pairing D, and bottom 6 O. B's cannot afford any top 6 O injuries.
Winning a round is never guarenteed for any club.
Choice 2. Except plural: Goalies can get super hot! Would be so much fun to break playoff tradition and keep the tendie rotation rolling and both get hot….now that would call for an epic hug!
What? A fan can dream, eh?

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
It's crap, not sure how, but everyone complains about it.
About 4 years ago, they said they were going to fix it, I think by adding move cooling pipes/compressors or something, but Covid hit, and it never got done. Why it hasn't been done in the off season I don't know.

Not that he is the savior, but my understanding is Beecher has done a very good job at the dot since his return.
Beecher was doing well before he got sent down at around 54%, I believe.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
To the best of my knowledge, Elias Lindholm will be the best center available this offseason in free agency. He is better than anyone on the Bruins' roster at present, and with the cap-space I've heard will be available, the Bruins MUST sign him.

Otherwise, a trade must be made. Number 1 centers are expensive, and it will absolutely cost the Bruins dearly. Ullmark will assuredly be part of any deal the Bruins make. The question is; who else? You have to give up something to get something. For a LEGIT superstar center, or the draft pick necessary to get one, it will likely be Ullmark + McAvoy + ???.

Those are the Bruins' options. I like to think Sweeney knows this, but who really knows what goes on down there on Causeway Street. I've often wondered what Cam Neely and Don Sweeney actually do all day... Or Chuckie Jacobs, for that matter.
Chuckie counts dad's money, Cam I'm sure is in the north end and Donnie is trying to figure out how to make the team more passive and analytics friendly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad