Boston Bruins Bruins Clinch 2024 Playoff spot - The B's have made the playoffs every year since 2017 the longest streak in the NHL

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Mike Illitch in Detroit truly understood that winning drove profits ....just not sure that the Jacobs fully understand the concept that first you need to spend and the Cups will follow

The cap was one of the best things that happened to the Bs ....the Bs always had a self imposed cap and the league implementing an hard cap actually leveled the ice

Where the Bs cut costs is off ice spending ....go to another arena or talk to STH
from teams and it becomes clear the Jacobs scrimp wherever they can ...the poor ice that has never been upgraded is only one example of many that make it clear first and foremost the franchise is a profit center...and the list goes on: off brand " ice cleaners", smaller seats, antiquated tv delivery, high ticket prices, high cost low quality low choice food options .....and on and on
Didn’t Illitch get into it with Jacobs at an owners meeting once? He told JJ something to the effect that he doesn’t invest in his team which is why he never wins a Cup. This after Detroit became the elite the team in the league.

Reactions: rfournier103

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
I've heard it said that in every other venue that Delaware North sells food, TD Garden (not sure about Fenway Park) the food is much better and more selections than what they make available at our sites. B's/Celts/Sox fans are basically a captive audience in regards to food purchase choices, and the prices charged. Of course at other venues the prices are probably high too but the food quality is much better and there are more choices.
Beer is a buck a swallow at the Aud in Kitchener and that's Major A hockey. If the team comes out flat and is getting run over you need four tall boys to watch. Have to call your bank and take out a second mortgage just for beer. I have to much Irish in me to drink at a hockey game so I'm okay with the price.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
In the post-expansion era (1967-68 onward), by my count the Bruins have only been "sellers" just 3 seasons (96-97, 99-00, 05-06).

Even the other four seasons they didn't qualify, they were in the mix for a playoff spot at the trade deadline. 3 of those years went down to the wire where 2 times they were eliminated on tie-break (00-01, 15-16), the other year just 2 points out (14-15).

Even the "Dave Lewis Season" they were 30-28-4 at the deadline but took a 18-wheeler off a cliff the final 20 games in March/April going 5-13-2 on route to a playoff DNQ.

Hope everyone is having a happy holiday weekend!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Didn’t Illitch get into it with Jacobs at an owners meeting once? He told JJ something to the effect that he doesn’t invest in his team which is why he never wins a Cup. This after Detroit became the elite the team in the league.

Yep…..and why we over paid forMarty LaPointe.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
I remember a few years ago when they were supposed to fix the bad ice issue but instead added 400-500 new seats. All of the STH that I know were NOT pleased about that.
I absolutely can't stand the seats in the balcony. They are incredibly uncomfortable and the fact that they added an extra seat makes it so that no matter what I do, my shoulders are touching the people beside me and I strain all game trying to hold my knees together so I'm not taking up my neighbor's space or rubbing against them. Even with the replacement ones that they put in afterwards when everyone complained, I still hate it.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I remember a few years ago when they were supposed to fix the bad ice issue but instead added 400-500 new seats. All of the STH that I know were NOT pleased about that.

Even worse is they announced during covid perhaps they recognized the feedback and would improve the smaller seats. Only to do no such thing.

Anybody watching the Florida-Detroit game? The refs are letting Florida do their playoff routine already. Clipping, cross checking, horse collar. Here we go.

Teams have their MO for what keeps them effective. The loose playoff standard is the ONLY reason Florida was in the Finals last season.

Fortunately they played Vegas who had the same threshold and actual size/toughness to meet the fake bully act of Florida instead of caving.

Anybody watching the Florida-Detroit game? The refs are letting Florida do their playoff routine already. Clipping, cross checking, horse collar. Here we go.

Teams have their MO for what keeps them effective. The loose playoff standard is the ONLY reason Florida was in the Finals last season.

Fortunately they played Vegas who had the same threshold and actual size/toughness to meet the fake bully act of Florida instead of caving.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I absolutely can't stand the seats in the balcony. They are incredibly uncomfortable and the fact that they added an extra seat makes it so that no matter what I do, my shoulders are touching the people beside me and I strain all game trying to hold my knees together so I'm not taking up my neighbor's space or rubbing against them. Even with the replacement ones that they put in afterwards when everyone complained, I still hate it.
Our section (was 22 now they are calling it 21) is spit in half because the tunnel runs through it. Our section had 8 seats...now there are 10. If a large person (or even a guy with big shoulders) sits next to you, you get squashed. Also, they made the tunnel smaller so the rolling rack for extra sticks no longer fits and they have to line the sticks along the side.

but....our ticket prices went up.

It is what it is. People sometimes tell me I "shouldn't support Jacobs and should give up my seats" :rolleyes:..Yeah..That would do a lot of good...The seats would be sold in 10 min and it would hurt me not "them".

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Our section (was 22 now they are calling it 21) is spit in half because the tunnel runs through it. Our section had 8 seats...now there are 10. If a large person (or even a guy with big shoulders) sits next to you, you get squashed. Also, they made the tunnel smaller so the rolling rack for extra sticks no longer fits and they have to line the sticks along the side.

but....our ticket prices went up.

It is what it is. People sometimes tell me I "shouldn't support Jacobs and should give up my seats" :rolleyes:..Yeah..That would do a lot of good...The seats would be sold in 10 min and it would hurt me not "them".
Funny they call it shrinkflation when they
make smaller seats. Yet the owners wallet gets inflation. The owners live on a different plane. No empathy for anyone of lessor means.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Funny they call it shrinkflation when the makes smaller seats. Yet the owners wallet gets inflation. The owners live on a different plane. No empathy for anyone of lessor means.
Agree but it is everywhere.

Supply / Demand. If the Bs have a few bad years (and as much as some think they do every year it isn't true) The price may hold and not go up. I don't know how many are on the ST waiting list, but I know there is still a list. When I purchased my seats (many years ago) there was no list, but the Bs were not so good. STH got far better stuff and treatment.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Agree but it is everywhere.

Supply / Demand. If the Bs have a few bad years (and as much as some think they do every year it isn't true) The price may hold and not go up. I don't know how many are on the ST waiting list, but I know there is still a list. When I purchased my seats (many years ago) there was no list, but the Bs were not so good. STH got far better stuff and treatment.
We had season tickets for the OHL Kitchener Rangers for over 20 years. For real fans your there because of your love of the team and the game of hockey. We have seen many NHL stars go through this league. McDavid , Lindros etc over the years. Orr even played in the OHL. I have never seem the Bruins live but have been a fan for over 7 decades. They are in our blood no matter how they perform.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We had season tickets for the OHL Kitchener Rangers for over 20 years. For real fans your there because of your love of the team and the game of hockey. We have seen many NHL stars go through this league. McDavid , Lindros etc over the years. Orr even played in the OHL. I have never seem the Bruins live but have been a fan for over 7 decades. They are in our blood no matter how they perform.
You will have to get yourself to Boston for a game.

That is cool you have had ST for 20 years!

Reactions: bobber

IveGotToBeMe

Jul 1, 2012
RI
As much as I want them to start resting some guys, the difference between playing the Capitals vs. the Leafs in the first round is a driving force to stay on the top of the division. While the Leafs usually choke, at some point (I've been saying this for years), they won't.

Reactions: The don godfather

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
As much as I want them to start resting some guys, the difference between playing the Capitals vs. the Leafs in the first round is a driving force to stay on the top of the division. While the Leafs usually choke, at some point (I've been saying this for years), they won't.
They didn't last year. In the first round anyway.

Hoping that's as close as they get to a Cup for the foreseeable future.

Hairz

Mar 22, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I know the schedule isn't out yet, but does anyone have any insight on regards to when Round One Game 2 likely is? I managed to get tickets but can't attend until after the 22nd.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I know the schedule isn't out yet, but does anyone have any insight on regards to when Round One Game 2 likely is? I managed to get tickets but can't attend until after the 22nd.
22nd would be earliest. Playoffs start the 20th.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad