Post-Game Talk: Bruins claw the Cats 4-1

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Because he helped win a Stanley Cup, that's why. Thomas' tenure here ended so much worse than Seguin's, yet he got a great ovation (deserved). People will say "blah blah Seguin only had one good game in the playoffs that year", but that's not true. They needed every single inch to win that Cup, he was a part of it, yeah Thomas was probably the biggest part, but EVERYONE contributed and the Bruins needed every bit of help they got, even Kaberle. Anyone who booed Seguin and Peverley the other night is a loser, plain and simple.

Anyway about tonight, wins against the Panthers don't even feel like real wins, they're a fake team. Should only get 1 point for beating them. Oh well, better than losing to them I guess. Their jerseys suck, too. Such a waste of a cool logo, they should go back to the 90s versions (like a lot of teams should).

That's almost debatable.

What did he do aside from that one game against TB? Turns out that performance was essential since it was a 7 game series, but the biggest reason Seguin got traded was because he didn't do **** in the playoffs (as a matter of fact, he chose to wear the same clothes every day during that part of the year).

I'm very biased. I questioned Seguin's game from the start. But, while he may go on to be an absolute stud, his tenure with the Bruins certainly wasn't some blessed memory as Thomas' was.

David Krejci*

That's almost debatable.

What did he do aside from that one game against TB? Turns out that performance was essential since it was a 7 game series, but the biggest reason Seguin got traded was because he didn't do **** in the playoffs (as a matter of fact, he chose to wear the same clothes every day during that part of the year).

I'm very biased. I questioned Seguin's game from the start. But, while he may go on to be an absolute stud, his tenure with the Bruins certainly wasn't some blessed memory as Thomas' was.
It's almost debatable? It's not debatable at all. Even if he didn't play a single game other than that Game 2 against TB, that was a close game, in a 7 game series, and he took it over, 4 points in one period. Without him, we don't win the East Finals, therefore no Cup.

BUT, aside from that, he played the games, he was in the lineup. When he was on the ice, he was a part of a really good 3rd line with Ryder/Kelly. He contributed, everyone who played did, whether it was making little plays or scoring goals, he did enough to help the team win, end of story. Even Kaberle contributed, everything had to align perfectly for us, and it did, and everyone who played should be revered by Bruins fans.

I love the Seguin trade, I wanted him traded too, after he didn't produce offensively in the playoffs (even though he played well otherwise starting in Game 7 of the Toronto series, but for him that's not enough now, he has to produce offensively, he has to be that guy).

I don't think it would've worked out here, and it ended on a bit of a sour note and underwhelming play in the playoffs, but if you even try to argue that he barely contributed anything to the Cup, you're either clueless or a pink hat who only looks at goals as a barometer of how effective someone is (which would be an invalid argument against him anyway since he had that big Game 2 vs Tampa).

Dennis Bergkamp

Oct 23, 2013
Winchester has actually been one of the few bright spots for Florida this season. He might not be the most talented guy, but he's not a bad hockey player either.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Definitely. I try to never put much blame on the zebras, but last night was atrocious, especially in the first.

What really grinded my gears: Winchester clearly gets Kelly in the jaw, there's no call, the refs convene at center ice, and they still don't even call a 2 minute minor! Then, this same Winchester scores a standard goal, and the refs review it! Refs were trolling hard last night. :laugh:

I just don't like, first, that errors are being made...with 4 officials out on the ice...the quality of officiating is going downhill...it's like MLB umpires that miss calls at 1b by a step and a half...you never used to see that...and second, that their blindness and decisions have been one-sided.

The elbow.
The puck over the glass. - Chris Rooney is a malicious joke.
The whole game against the Ducks was an absolute travesty.
On and on...

It's silly. But it's hard not to feel that the Bruins are being held to a different standard these days. And because it's silly, it's frustrating to see in front of your eyes.

Brick is boiling.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
i wish he'd gotten more too, but hey, those are the hits the league wants to get out of the league. what do you want them to do? be hardlined and suspend guys who elbow other guys in the head for no reason? that would take backbone!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
winchester got 3 games.

Good.

Question for those in the know....What happens with the on ice refs and linesmen who missed this call ??? Do they get spoken to ? I believe they should.

I believe this kind of hit should be more than 3 games. I was happy to see Chris Kelly return to the game .

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Good.

Question for those in the know....What happens with the on ice refs and linesmen who missed this call ??? Do they get spoken to ? I believe they should.

I believe this kind of hit should be more than 3 games. I was happy to see Chris Kelly return to the game .

I would love to know if/what the NHL does when refs and linesmen blow that many calls (missing the Kelly elbow was the worst but there were a lot of others).

I suspect they do have some evaluation/feedback over these mistakes but Indont think the NHL does anything discipline wise (other than perhaps not choosing them to officiate playoffs).

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I would love to know if/what the NHL does when refs and linesmen blow that many calls (missing the Kelly elbow was the worst but there were a lot of others).

I suspect they do have some evaluation/feedback over these mistakes but Indont think the NHL does anything discipline wise (other than perhaps not choosing them to officiate playoffs).

Officials can and are reprimanded and suspended, but the NHL does not make any disciplinary action public.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
That's almost debatable.

"We underestimated their speed."
- Guy Boucher

Tim Thomas put on a display in those playoffs that I've never seen before and am unlikely to see again. No question who was the bigger influence on the Cup. But without Seguin, there is no debate - we don't make it through the Lightning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad