Post-Game Talk: Bruins claw the Cats 4-1

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I thought it was a good effort. At least compared to the last few. I did only listen to the first though as I was in the car.

2 pts is 2 pts! Good win, get ready for Toronto. Lets see if we can show that team who the class of the division is, eh? :yo:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Bergeron line had a couple of nice shifts, Marchand got the monkey off his back. Eriksson is next. That line is going to blow up.

What a surprise Smith has been for us. That 3rd line isn't our Achilles heel this season by any means... Then there's this guy Torey Krug.

Habs are gonna lose as well :yo:

Daishi

Apr 12, 2010
God, Krug might be the most exciting player to wear a Bruins sweater in a while. Kid is pure skill.
It's great to realise the best & most exciting players on the Bruins are Krug, Hamilton and Rask, all who are very young and probably on this team for more than a decade still.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Great game by the Krejci line and the Merlot line. Very inconsistent effort by mostly everyone else until the third, which was a great period for pretty much everyone.

Eriksson's got good vision. He can find people if he has space. Other than that, he doesn't really bring anything else to the table. Or at least he hasn't in Boston.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yeti/Kelly/Smith are good.

The first period was awful but they found their skating legs in the second.

One thing is for certain -they can't afford to be this bad on Saturday. Leafs have more talent and will burn them.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Oh and Krug-he looks good. I have seen better games by Dougie.

Think Defense looked better after Dougie/Boychuk flip flop.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Great game by the Krejci line and the Merlot line. Very inconsistent effort by mostly everyone else until the third, which was a great period for pretty much everyone.

Eriksson's got good vision. He can find people if he has space. Other than that, he doesn't really bring anything else to the table. Or at least he hasn't in Boston.

Eriksson finally got my goat a couple of times tonight, as plays died as a result of him not moving his feet in the offensive zone. Would love to see his sense of urgency match his linemates'.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Bergeron line had a couple of nice shifts, Marchand got the monkey off his back. Eriksson is next. That line is going to blow up.

Don't remember when a line centered by Bergy was as weak as it is right now.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
They'll have to do better than this against Toronto but it feels great to get a win finally.
If they play with some confidence they will start to win games again. They are a great team despite what they've been doing on the ice lately, they just need to play like a great one.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
At least tonight was a step in the right direction. Mistakes from all 3 lines, but still much better than the past few games.

And I think Loui's game will come along. The entire Bergeron line was struggling mightily until the second half of this game, give it a few more games and I think it will be rolling.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Eriksson finally got my goat a couple of times tonight, as plays died as a result of him not moving his feet in the offensive zone. Would love to see his sense of urgency match his linemates'.

Is it there though? It's just the style of game he plays. He's a much more passive player than we're used to seeing here. It might work with other teams, but I still have major concerns that he won't fit here. Like I've prefaced all of these posts, it's still too early to fully evaluate, but it can't be excuses forever with this guy.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Yes, hard to believe he was never drafted.He is proving everybody wrong,gotta love an underdog story.

I think his size hurt him. Also probably that he didn't play juniors in Canada.

I think D-men often take longer to develop and teams weren't sure about him.

I wonder how many teams regret not drafting him in his draft year. Glad he signed with Boston.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
They'll have to do better than this against Toronto but it feels great to get a win finally.
If they play with some confidence they will start to win games again. They are a great team despite what they've been doing on the ice lately, they just need to play like a great one.

They will be ready for the Leafs.They always play up or down to their opponents level.Krug is going to score two goals.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I thought Krejci was absolutely incredible tonight. He got his pocket picked that one time but other than that, it was pretty much a near perfect game for him. The draws he was winning were just snapping back right onto the B's sticks, every time.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Is it there though? It's just the style of game he plays. He's a much more passive player than we're used to seeing here. It might work with other teams, but I still have major concerns that he won't fit here. Like I've prefaced all of these posts, it's still too early to fully evaluate, but it can't be excuses forever with this guy.

Eriksson has played fine. Its not a coincidence that line has looked better ever since he came back from his injury.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
Not saying he should be in their top 6, but Krug should at least get a look from Team USA.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Whenever I saw him in Dallas, I've never noted a lack of urgency in his game.

Tentativeness makes sense for a player of his ilk if his him and his line had yet to find stride. But he was mostly not a part of the play last game, when I thought Bergeron's line was the team's best for most of the night. And tonight, he showed that he knows where to be... If only he was moving his feet a little more fiercely to capitalize on the chances that his linemates afforded him.

He doesn't have to have a fiery personality to be successful in Boston. Krejci doesn't and he's been arguably our best forward to start the year. But the pace is being set by Bergy and Marchand... Loui has the ability to keep up with it, but just isn't. Or rather, hasn't the last couple of nights.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I think his size hurt him. Also probably that he didn't play juniors in Canada.

I think D-men often take longer to develop and teams weren't sure about him.

I wonder how many teams regret not drafting him in his draft year. Glad he signed with Boston.

I have no idea how Krug played before he came to the Bruins but surely he must have demonstrated enough skill that someone would taken a chance on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad