Confirmed with Link: Bruins claim Dogman (Kaspars DaugaviņÅ¡)

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Nice. This takes care of one of the things that I wanted them to do before the deadline, which was add some more youth and speed into the mix on the fourth line. They didn't have to give up anything to do it, so it's a low-risk move. Plus, shoot-outs just got a hell of a lot more entertaining.

GodTukka*

Like it, good skater, could bring a bit of speed to the bottom 6

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
That shootout attempt isn't so disrespectful anymore

Billy-D_Approves.gif

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
You guys are gonna love Daugavins personality. He has kind of a cult following in Ottawa and you can guarentee it isn't for his skills :laugh:

If he happens to score a goal for you, don't be shocked to see him barking as he high-5's at the bench.

Here is some clips showing what kind of character Daugavins, aka Dauggy, aka Rooster is.

It's 5 seconds in ^ :laugh:

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
:laugh: Nope.

Why woudl Ottawa waive him? He seemed pretty solid.

Evidently he asked to be waived, he was tired of sitting out games.

He will be a really popular player with his team mates,he has been described here as a glue guy and also a clique buster.Gets along with everyone and keeps things light.

FTOREKBENCHTOSS

Mar 11, 2013
I don't think it's disrespectful, but I don't think you should be able to bump the goalie and spray snow to score.

Just me personally.

I also hate the shootout and like when people make a mockery of it.

yeah i can understand the goalie contact and spraying ice can be pretty dickish, i understand.

at least we agree that the shootout sucks ass.

bruins seguin 19*

why not the other guy??

jussi jokinen was sitting there for free, why did chiarelli pass him on him??? he could have slotted between pevs , kelly. perfect third line and he has offensive punch we badly need. what is kasper the ghost is gonna do???:shakehead

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Man, this board has been brutal to jay. I don't understand it. The guys a class act.

This is the NHL, not a tea party. I'm sure he's a very nice person, but he is not good at playing hockey.

MarchandNoseBest

Oct 30, 2008
jussi jokinen was sitting there for free, why did chiarelli pass him on him??? he could have slotted between pevs , kelly. perfect third line and he has offensive punch we badly need. what is kasper the ghost is gonna do???:shakehead
Jokinen has a $3M cap hit for next year and we don't have room to be taking on that kind of money next year for a depth player who has underperformed lately. If Jokinen were a FA after this year, I'm guessing Chia (and maybe several other GM's) would've claimed him.

Patvolcom65

@Patvolcom65
Jul 4, 2011
New-Brunswick
Can anyone in the know fill us in on this guy? What's his story, style, his potential, and why would Ottawa waive him..?

We waived him because his agent and him asked the Sens to waive him because he wanted to play and he wasn't getting enough time on the Sens.

Pretty good guy on the PK and strong on the board. Solid defensively but offensively lacking but pretty decent 4th liner. He was pretty liked with the Sens..good guy to have in the locker room.

Seems all the Sens go to the Bs..Chara, Kelly, now rooster :laugh:

Good luck Rooster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad