Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Injuries force Bruins to lean on rookie defensemen - The Boston Globe

PHILADELPHIA — The Bruins opened the new season in January with two rookies, Jeremy Lauzon and Jakub Zboril, mixed into their blueline corps, hoping they’d assimilate quickly into life in the NHL.
Sunday night at the Garden, faced with the Washington Capitals (7:08 faceoff), the four other backline starters on opening night likely all will be on the sidelines due to the mounting injury bug.
Matt Grzelcyk played only 10 shifts here on Saturday, exiting for the day after the first period due to what the club identified only as an upper-body injury (believed to be from a Sean Couturier elbow to his head along the sidewall).

Brandon Carlo and Charlie McAvoy both were in Boston, recovering from their injuries, when the puck dropped here shortly after 2 p.m. And Kevan Miller, who logged 25 shifts and 20:32 here, is not expected to play Sunday because of workload management. The training staff believes it is best for Miller right now not to play in back-to-back dates after undergoing surgery to repair his fractured kneecap.

Jarred Tinordi, a waiver wire pickup earlier this season, should draw back into the lineup vs. the Capitals with Connor Clifton, Steve Kampfer, and the two aforementioned rookies.

Reactions: TCB and CHRDANHUTCH

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Now we have to adjust the hate quota.
Maybe.

1. Canadiens.

2. Penguins.

3. The Washington Hockey Team.

Despite all the shit they’ve done over the years, I just don’t hate the Flyers the way I hate those other teams. Maybe because I really like the uniforms. I don’t know.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
This is what’s a killer. I get Miller needs to manage his injury, but you can’t have one of your top 4 defensemen going in and out of the lineup. Especially when this D core is small and prone to injuries.

Also do you think that knee holds up in the playoffs? That’s a big question mark

Reactions: TCB

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Maybe.

1. Canadiens.

2. Penguins.

3. The Washington Hockey Team.

Despite all the shit they’ve done over the years, I just don’t hate the Flyers the way I hate those other teams. Maybe because I really like the uniforms. I don’t know.
I still hate the Flyers. Orange is UGLY.

I hope there are no more injuries today.

A win would be nice but no injuries please. We need to send positive energy to our boys.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
This is what’s a killer. I get Miller needs to manage his injury, but you can’t have one of your top 4 defensemen going in and out of the lineup. Especially when this D core is small and prone to injuries.

Also do you think that knee holds up in the playoffs? That’s a big question mark
Something tells me they could have managed it better earlier in the season, when we didn’t need him as much, to avoid the situation we’re in right now with him.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Will be watching Achan, I wasn't to impressed with him in his first game, lets see how he adjusts the second time around.

It’s gonna be a good test for him. Caps play a physical game, let’s see how he handles it.

Maybe he’s been hitting the squat rack since his last game.

Reactions: TCB

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Yup, I agree and that's why I can see Sweeney being in on an Oleksiak, I would love Josh Manson but I think he'll cost too much.
Edit : Sorry wrong thread :)

JerseyBruin

May 29, 2019
Will be watching Ahcan, I wasn't to impressed with him in his first game, lets see how he adjusts the second time around.

The one thing I liked about him is that he seemed to be able to get his shot on net, something the D is very poor at.

maineblackbear

Jan 10, 2007
Clifton looked a bit lost yesterday. In no mans land on all three goals against. Hoping he tightens things up as the young goalies need solid fundamental defensive d to keep traffic away from the net. Imagine Tinordi gets into a scrap tonight. But hoping he can be steady at home rather than just a big body enforcer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad