GDT: Bruins@Canes

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Canes reply tagging the Rangers now has angry Bruins and Rangers fans confusedly shitting on the team.

Rangers fans... I understand. No reason for them to know of the context.

Bruins fans complaining about it are just betraying their own lack of awareness of the rest of the league.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Scanning the Bruins boards, it's nice to know that win or lose the Bruins fans hate us as much as they do. We must be doing something right. Something we forget here a lot. Best team in the league, probably since the lockout overall, Original 6 team that set multiple franchise records last night and more than half the postgame thread is specifically about how much they hate the Canes. I'll take it.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Y’all Canes Twitter is especially messy right now. The looming playoffs have folks on edge I guess. Someone criticized TT’s season and play and it was off to the races on a personal basis for some accounts. Top it off with the debate re: what is being a player fan vs what is stalking vs what is gatekeeping posts that have been making the rounds as well.

The infighting has been insane since the trade deadline. It’s like a Bravo show. If there’s a playoff early flop - regardless of the reasons - the blowback and debate as to why outcry is not gonna be pretty. I suppose this could indicate the team has arrived.
Canes Twitter is an absolute cesspool.

Reactions: TheBigLetowski

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Canes Twitter is an absolute cesspool.

I’ll be honest, much of the gathering locations of our fanbase are absolute cesspools. Twitter, Facebook, other boards. The worst of HF26 is the status quo of most of them.

R/Canes is pretty good in general, and their meme game rivals ours, but even they can get a little too rose-colored glasses for my tastes.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I’ll be honest, much of the gathering locations of our fanbase are absolute cesspools. Twitter, Facebook, other boards. The worst of HF26 is the status quo of most of them.

R/Canes is pretty good in general, and their meme game rivals ours, but even they can get a little too rose-colored glasses for my tastes.
As we all know, if you don't wear your ultra-liberal world view on your sleeve and openly share it at all times on social media, you're literally the worst organization out there, and obviously this means the Canes are absolutely terrible nowadays. But at the same time, don't you dare ever criticize the team or players, they are infallible.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
So I haven't been paying that much attention to how GDT streaks have been ending this season. Are we feeling any lose and next person up? Or does securing the point mean one more try at early morning baby GDT power?
I can grab it for tomorrow... Haven't done any since the streak that started opening night.

Need to harness the power of the High Effort GDT to bring us into the postseason

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So I haven't been paying that much attention to how GDT streaks have been ending this season. Are we feeling any lose and next person up? Or does securing the point mean one more try at early morning baby GDT power?
Sir, the server is in America.

As we all know, if you don't wear your ultra-liberal world view on your sleeve and openly share it at all times on social media, you're literally the worst organization out there, and obviously this means the Canes are absolutely terrible nowadays. But at the same time, don't you dare ever criticize the team or players, they are infallible.
The strict requirement of adheeding to complex etiquette is paramount in separating us vs. them.

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Such a wild, fun game. That was one of those where when we went into OT, I said out loud "I'll take the point and be happy no matter the outcome". Sure enough, us losing in a shootout sucks but it means nothing in the grand scheme. We played our hearts out in the third and I'm proud of the boys. That game had 5-1 loss written all over it after 40 minutes.

Andersen, my God. How is it possible to let in so many bad shots but also make some incredible saves? Such a strange result. My statement before still stands of "when was the last time we out-goalied the other team", but at least Kochetkov 100% did that against the Leafs. So there's at least one example this calendar year. But Andersen last afternoon definitely decreased my confidence in him this playoffs.

The boys definitely need a break. I give them a lot of credit for battling. They really really need a few nights off. I hope they don't practice much this week. I really wish there was a week gap going into the playoffs, maybe even with a wild card seeding game, than force them right back out there for game 83 like 3 days after the regular season. Last year we played 4/28 and then played 5/2 against Boston game 1.

Aho is an elite talent and we must keep him. I don't buy the rhetoric of him going invisible for parts of game. I think he looks just like any other superstar forward out there. Not McDavid, I guess. He relies less on the powerplay than most other superstars, which also implies he's more of a 5v5 impact guy.

We pour on the shots from everywhere, but I believe this helps the team get in their game. They spam shots and look for tips and rebounds but it helps the forwards get more confident. You feel it. The players get more excited and animated. It's different from the Bill Peters era I think in that the guys pass it is really well and move around the zone a lot to create space.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Such a wild, fun game. That was one of those where when we went into OT, I said out loud "I'll take the point and be happy no matter the outcome". Sure enough, us losing in a shootout sucks but it means nothing in the grand scheme. We played our hearts out in the third and I'm proud of the boys. That game had 5-1 loss written all over it after 40 minutes.

Andersen, my God. How is it possible to let in so many bad shots but also make some incredible saves? Such a strange result. My statement before still stands of "when was the last time we out-goalied the other team", but at least Kochetkov 100% did that against the Leafs. So there's at least one example this calendar year. But Andersen last afternoon definitely decreased my confidence in him this playoffs.

The boys definitely need a break. I give them a lot of credit for battling. They really really need a few nights off. I hope they don't practice much this week. I really wish there was a week gap going into the playoffs, maybe even with a wild card seeding game, than force them right back out there for game 83 like 3 days after the regular season. Last year we played 4/28 and then played 5/2 against Boston game 1.

Aho is an elite talent and we must keep him. I don't buy the rhetoric of him going invisible for parts of game. I think he looks just like any other superstar forward out there. Not McDavid, I guess. He relies less on the powerplay than most other superstars, which also implies he's more of a 5v5 impact guy.

We pour on the shots from everywhere, but I believe this helps the team get in their game. They spam shots and look for tips and rebounds but it helps the forwards get more confident. You feel it. The players get more excited and animated. It's different from the Bill Peters era I think in that the guys pass it is really well and move around the zone a lot to create space.
Good post....it was nice to see Staal get back to first half of season play the last 2 games (perhaps he was "resting" for a while) + Jarvis show some pep in his step (he was dangerous last night).

Bruins improved their imposing squad at trade deadline but even without Svetch & Patches, the Canes showed a blueprint on how to beat them (they have challenges with our cycle game).

We need to fix our gap control as we allowed too many breakaways/odd man rushes but I suspect that was fatigue related versus normal.

Sadly, this year's Freddie is an enigma.....hoping that he resolves his issues in April.

Last edited:

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I wouldn't concern myself too much with Canes twitter. It's basically the same as every other sports community on the app. I do notice they seem to be more attached to the players than others, as such criticism isn't taken well.

Reactions: cptjeff

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Anytime the Bruins were able to establish possession or set up in the offensive zone, they were dangerous. That’s scary, considering who they sat. The D in particular has looked bad these past few games.

Seems like this final stretch might be a good time to use their 4 call ups and rest some guys and also rotate de Haan and Coghlan back in for a few games.

If they can somehow get a point, or even better 2 points against Tampa tomorrow, they’ll have a slight cushion on the division lead, so sitting guys would be that much easier. Out of their last 10, only Tampa, the Islanders and the Panthers are playoff contenders.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

To Be Determined

Jun 22, 2006
I would like to see the navy blue sweaters.

Also apparently our old pal Chuck was there? Did he and Dundon patch things up or something?

chuck in the booth. he mentions he wasn't on board for whalers nights ('a slap in the face'), but came around because he appreciates how it has been embraced and how the lineage is treated. mentions not just fans, but ownership, too.

robbieberns

Feb 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
I have a lot of thoughts on twitter and fandom and letting your hobbies and interests run your life and take over your personality but it all just kind of boils down to: just be regular and normal about stuff and don’t be an alienating weirdo

I’m not saying it’s a bad thing to get really invested into something like being a Canes fan, but it if you find yourself deep in the throes of petty online squabbling with fellow fans that’s cause for seriously taking a step back and re-evaluating how you spend your time. I’ll get that itch from time to time and it’s always a good reminder that I should be cleaning my bathroom or scheduling a dentist appointment or even just taking a walk around the block instead.

Reactions: HisIceness

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
if you find yourself deep in the throes of petty online squabbling with fellow fans that’s cause for seriously taking a step back and re-evaluating how you spend your time

bluey-postman.gif

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Scanning the Bruins boards, it's nice to know that win or lose the Bruins fans hate us as much as they do. We must be doing something right. Something we forget here a lot. Best team in the league, probably since the lockout overall, Original 6 team that set multiple franchise records last night and more than half the postgame thread is specifically about how much they hate the Canes. I'll take it.
Good. Stop moving here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad