GDT: Bruins - Canes Monday 8 April at 7pm NHLN-US & 98.5 Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I avoided going into the GDT for that game once it started and went to bed right after it was over. :)

Always new you were wise Bergy. It`s funny, these boards haven`t been nearly as frustrating since I have not watched the last 4 Bruin games. Sort of see things by not bringing the emotion of a win or loss to affect my judgements...........doesn`t mean I`m anymore right now but........;)

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
I won`t name names, but some of the comments I read after the Hab game was crazy, I understand emotions of a loss to filthy team like them irks us all but have a read............whether or not most fans have started to get over the loss and have come back down to earth I`m not sure

This is, right now, a pretty fragile fan base from all I`m reading

"Fragile" fan base is being kind.

I'll go with downright psychotic.

There's a smallish share of people constructively pointing out areas of criticism (and there are certainly some) as well as productive solutions leading to some well-thought out debate. I'll always read that.

Unfortunately most of that is drawn out by the majority of people who resort to bleating the same old, tired, lazy laments "Seguin demoted" "Jagr hates Clode and wont resign" "Fire Clode" "Trade Lucic 6 million bum" "Pandawful" "Chia sucks" blah blah blah and don't bother breaking anything down to a strategic level. They come off sounding like panicked sheep.

I'm with you. Breaks are nice to take. I'll do my GDT's but other than that, there's not much being offered by this board right now that's worthy of anyone's brain cells. That doesn't make you any less of a fan; it just makes you smart, frankly.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

There's a smallish share of people constructively pointing out areas of criticism (and there are certainly some) as well as productive solutions leading to some well-thought out debate. I'll always read that.

Unfortunately most of that is drawn out by the majority of people who resort to bleating the same old, tired, lazy laments "Seguin demoted" "Jagr hates Clode and wont resign" "Fire Clode" "Trade Lucic 6 million bum" "Pandawful" "Chia sucks" blah blah blah and don't bother breaking anything down to a strategic level. They come off sounding like panicked sheep.

I'm with you. Breaks are nice to take. I'll do my GDT's but other than that, there's not much being offered by this board right now that's worthy of anyone's brain cells. That doesn't make you any less of a fan; it just makes you smart, frankly.

Thx for all those GDT`s by the way. What I also need to recognize as well, being a poster who`s here daily is that I need to look at some of these posters, so many are "fans" who I have never heard of who suddenly appear out of nowhere offering, shall we say.....um.......nah, I won`t go there;)

MaCam

Oct 5, 2005
Eastern Mass
The "fire Clode" people are what get me the most. We're going to fire the 2nd winningest coach in Bruins history over a couple of bad stretches? If some people got their way on here, we would probably have like 5 different coaches over the span of one season. haha.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The "fire Clode" people are what get me the most. We're going to fire the 2nd winningest coach in Bruins history over a couple of bad stretches? If some people got their way on here, we would probably have like 5 different coaches over the span of one season. haha.

Yeah but Boucher and Ruff are out there to replace him:sarcasm:

Now`s the time

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011

I don't see what 2nd winningest coach has to do with anything. Right now its pretty clear he doesn't have a his finger anywhere close to on the pulse of the team. His refusal to make what would seem to be easy decisions like playing krejci and jagr together, splitting up Horton lucic, getting pandolfo off the 3rd line, playing jagr with the 4th line are somewhat mind boggling.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I wish I knew which ****ing team is going to show up tonight.

I have a bad feeling on which it might be.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't see what 2nd winningest coach has to do with anything. Right now its pretty clear he doesn't have a his finger anywhere close to on the pulse of the team. His refusal to make what would seem to be easy decisions like playing krejci and jagr together, splitting up Horton lucic, getting pandolfo off the 3rd line, playing jagr with the 4th line are somewhat mind boggling.

But we do:sarcasm:

And another coach would??

CJ is far from perfect, but I`d ask you, whom that is out there, could step in and alter this team right now?

The fire Claude crowd kills me, they want him gone, but rarely do I see any viable or realistic

A- reasons as to why this would be a positive move

B- provide anything such as names that are legit who they believe can do better and why they believe it

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I still believe the B's turn this around and get rolling before the playoffs begin. I hope they are as embarrassed as we were after that horrible ending on Saturday night.

I like that there are a lot of comments here about not winning tonight - I find usually the opposite happens, so keep it up.

GO BRUINS!! :handclap:

The Dangly One

Dangle dangle goal
Jun 13, 2011
But we do:sarcasm:

And another coach would??

CJ is far from perfect, but I`d ask you, whom that is out there, could step in and alter this team right now?

The fire Claude crowd kills me, they want him gone, but rarely do I see any viable or realistic

A- reasons as to why this would be a positive move

B- provide anything such as names that are legit who they believe can do better and why they believe it

I'm not saying firing him. I'm just criticizing him. Jes been far from perfect

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Nothing wrong with a a little adversity during the course of the season...it makes good teams better...then again, it can sink mentally weak teams. We'll see which team we have tonight.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008

Interesting. The LF'ers get to harsh criticisms of the team, it rubs you the wrong way, and your response is to bash fellow Bruins fans. Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

Anyhi...

A few strong games and the admittedly bipolar pendulum that is Bruins fandom will swing the other way. Hopefully the team will start playing with confidence and swagger as well, which makes all the difference in the World.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
I wish I knew which ****ing team is going to show up tonight.

I have a bad feeling on which it might be.

Carolina is 1-10 in thier last 10 games played. This should be a win, but you never know.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Interesting. The LF'ers get to harsh criticisms of the team, it rubs you the wrong way, and your response is to bash fellow Bruins fans. Am I the only one who sees the irony here?

Anyhi...

A few strong games and the admittedly bipolar pendulum that is Bruins fandom will swing the other way. Hopefully the team will start playing with confidence and swagger as well, which makes all the difference in the World.

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!

You apparently didn't get my point, but that's fine. People choose to see what they want to see.

Bruin fans are some of the most passionate fans in this sport.

As i said, there's some great stuff here, criticisms included (which, as I said before, is justified) and i'll weed through the crap and enjoy it. Some of it is sheer crap. I'm not going to sugarcoat it in order to stand in solidarity because we cheer for the same team. The way some are acting is psychotic. I didn't say they themselves are fit for institutionalization, but It is fandom and it is what it is. I said it and stand by it. If people don't like it, no skin off my back.

Speaking of irony, pretty hard to discredit what I said when you use the term "bipolar" in your next sentence, no? :sarcasm:

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008
I'm not going to get to bickering with you, but there's no need to be defensive. "Bipolar" is not a dig, it is a bona fide mental condition, which is not necessarily permanent by the by. Allow me, however, to show you what I felt was a bit of "bashing" in your post, that is to say, condescending and abrasive.

Naturally, this is a sports forum and we are all entitled to our opinions. Yours is as valid as anyone else's I suppose...but there is a strong sense of irony coming from you in this thread.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I doubt Kelly is playing today...so these are the lines I'd like to see.

Lucic | Krejci | Jagr
Marchand | Seguin | Horton
Paille | Campbell | Peverly
Pando | Dawg | Thornton

It'll be nice to see how Redden does as well.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Hm. Was feeling pretty confident about a win on this one, but then I looked up Carolina's recent record. Damn... L, L, L, L, L, L, L, W, L, L, L, L.

Wow. They are also facing BOS, PIT, and WSH in the next 3 games.

I can only assume they are going to come out ruthless tonight; unless they are a team with zero backbone and have given up on the season...

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Hm. Was feeling pretty confident about a win on this one, but then I looked up Carolina's recent record. Damn... L, L, L, L, L, L, L, W, L, L, L, L.

Wow. They are also facing BOS, PIT, and WSH in the next 3 games.

I can only assume they are going to come out ruthless tonight; unless they are a team with zero backbone and have given up on the season...

Will make D.Ellis or Peters look like Patrick Roy tonight.

Boston will fire 40 shots and only score once!:laugh:

Concessionaire

That could have gone better.
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2003
New Orleans
I doubt Kelly is playing today...so these are the lines I'd like to see.

Lucic | Krejci | Jagr
Marchand | Seguin | Horton
Paille | Campbell | Peverly
Pando | Dawg | Thornton

It'll be nice to see how Redden does as well.

Haggs says Kelly is medically cleared and good to go tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad