Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Panthers 4 - 1.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
And why are miles in the country so much longer?

Why wouldn't a mile be a more consistent unit of measurement?

What is happening in the country I don't know about?

Kaoz*

And why are miles in the country so much longer?

Why wouldn't a mile be a more consistent unit of measurement?

What is happening in the country I don't know about?

A country mile is less likely to be full of pretty (but still completely irrelevant) things to look at and hold your attention away from the ugly things also present, which conveniently enough is no doubt the very same reason why Krejci's miles often seem shorter then Lucic and Horton's.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
A country mile is less likely to be full of pretty (but still completely irrelevant) things to look at and hold your attention away from the ugly things also present, which conveniently enough is no doubt the very same reason why Krejci's miles often seem shorter then Lucic and Horton's.

Oh then Krejci's miles are through a cornfield in Nebraska.

Looch and Horton must be taking lesiurely strolls through Times square.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Man look no further than the coach. Claude is the kind of dude that recognizes a solid effort. He's been unhappy behind the bench for weeks now. A coach would rather go 4-6 and grab 8 points, playing the best hockey of the year (and not getting lucky), over 6-4, getting 12 points, and basically having a goalie steal points night after night.

Word is out, high glove on Khubodin, and Rask's glove isn't looking much better. Come playoff time, Claude is probably hoping he doesn't have to kill 6 of 7 penalties and have his goalies stopping 36 a night...

If word is out that Rask's catching glove isn't very good, then no one is listening.

1.91 GAA (3rd in league)
.930 S% (2nd in league)
2 SO's (4th in league)

All this on a team that cannot seem to stop the awful turnovers -- meaning that the scoring chances Rask is facing are often not just shots from the blueline.

If this team could get it's act together, play consistently, aggressively and with some damn focus I for one would be more than happy to ride Rask into the playoffs with how he's playing.

If his stats were even slightly worse, this team would be fighting for a playoff spot right now.

Kaoz*

Oh then Krejci's miles are through a cornfield in Nebraska.

Looch and Horton must be taking lesiurely strolls through Times square.

That would make his stretches of down spells far longer the Lucic and Hortons. I think you're being unfair to Krejci here. Any point over the last two years and I might agree but in his defense, he has looked better then Horton of late.

Of course Horton is recovering from brain damage.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
Similar to what I'm thinking

Looch - Kraych - Horts hasn't been "the top line" for a while now ;)

With that said, I agree.

I'd call up Spooner and change the lines a little bit. Mix of fresh blood and whatnot:

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Spooner
Soderberg - Peverley - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

But I would go with...

MARCHAND-BERGERON-SEGUIN
SODERBERG-KREJCI-HORTON
LUCIC-PEVERLEY-CARON
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON

Simply because I think it unwise to rush SPOONER.

If LUCIC picks it up, I move him up to KREJCI line again with the option of sliding SODERBERG to the RW and moving HORTON to PEVERLEY's line with CARON moving the the LW.

Taz#24

Feb 27, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
100% agree

Sorry, we watched different games/teams. Once the Panthers got that shorty (which I am still uncertain if that should have been a penalty or not?) the Panthers got life, and were the better team. You started a thread about Jack and Brick, they weren`t "overly" critical, overly gives the impression that they were unfair and weren`t offering an accurate opinion of things, they were spot on. This team is capable of more, and they played ugly, which is exactly what they......and Bergy stated post game

Panthers were the better team despite the fact they are missing a ton of NHL regulars and further exacerbated by the embarrasing collapse the Bruins had against the Pens, one would have thought prior to the game the boys would have something to prove. They should have been dominant against Florida and IMHO were very lucky to win that game.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
But I would go with...

MARCHAND-BERGERON-SEGUIN
SODERBERG-KREJCI-HORTON
LUCIC-PEVERLEY-CARON
PAILLE-CAMPBELL-THORNTON

Simply because I think it unwise to rush SPOONER.

If LUCIC picks it up, I move him up to KREJCI line again with the option of sliding SODERBERG to the RW and moving HORTON to PEVERLEY's line with CARON moving the the LW.

You know what? Lucic would produce on that line. At least he did w/ Kelly and Pevs last year. I think they scored on their first shift, too. Krejci w/o Lucic? Eventually moved to wing. So, figure that out.

When Lucic isn't making plays out of his zone, and giving DK the puck 3 times a shift in the offensive zone, that line is deader than ****in fried chicken. Fair to Lucic?

I wish they would move him down there and give Spooner a look. B/c DK and Hortorn would be fresh out of scapegoats for their own play. And, Lucic might remember he can shoot again. Instead of wasting passes to players that either get mauled when they touch the puck, or cough it up.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
You know what? Lucic would produce on that line. At least he did w/ Kelly and Pevs last year. I think they scored on their first shift, too. Krejci w/o Lucic? Eventually moved to wing. So, figure that out.

When Lucic isn't making plays out of his zone, and giving DK the puck 3 times a shift in the offensive zone, that line is deader than ****in fried chicken. Fair to Lucic?

I wish they would move him down there and give Spooner a look. B/c DK and Hortorn would be fresh out of scapegoats for their own play. And, Lucic might remember he can shoot again. Instead of wasting passes to players that either get mauled when they touch the puck, or cough it up.

Looch had an amazing chance to pot one in the 3rd last night and passed it up for an ill advised pass back to Krejci on a 3 on 2. They're all to blame, I actually that they looked a little bit better for stretches last night. Still along way to go to the top of their game though.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Looch had an amazing chance to pot one in the 3rd last night and passed it up for an ill advised pass back to Krejci on a 3 on 2. They're all to blame, I actually that they looked a little bit better for stretches last night. Still along way to go to the top of their game though.

Lucic has Joe Thornton fever right now when it comes to shooting. Has to stop second guessing himself.

What was telling to me was; Lucic just over the blueline in his own zone trying to pinpoint a pass like a football QB. Gets it right on Horton's tape through 2 sticks. Horton still couldn't do anything. Lucic looked very, very frustrated on the bench. Bergy gets a well deserved ENG, Lucic looked like someone ran over his dog when Bergy went by him. Full 100 yard stare.

He's losing his confidence. Has to simplify his game. If I was sitting next to him in the locker room, I probably tell him, "Beating someone into a pulp always helps. Right, Looch?".

Then I would tell him I heard Alex Ovechkin was saying stuff a/b your wife, that, and he says he could kick your ass, too.

It's ok, AO can't get any uglier. Lucic might even help.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
That would make his stretches of down spells far longer the Lucic and Hortons. I think you're being unfair to Krejci here. Any point over the last two years and I might agree but in his defense, he has looked better then Horton of late.

Of course Horton is recovering from brain damage.

He is basically. Hard to watch. No way his hands were this bad before.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
If word is out that Rask's catching glove isn't very good, then no one is listening.

1.91 GAA (3rd in league)
.930 S% (2nd in league)
2 SO's (4th in league)

All this on a team that cannot seem to stop the awful turnovers -- meaning that the scoring chances Rask is facing are often not just shots from the blueline.

If this team could get it's act together, play consistently, aggressively and with some damn focus I for one would be more than happy to ride Rask into the playoffs with how he's playing.

If his stats were even slightly worse, this team would be fighting for a playoff spot right now.

You can be a good goalie and still have scout reports on what your weaknesses are.

Some goalies aren't so good with the glove hand, some have big 5 holes, some are easy to get down then you shoot high etc.

A known weakness does not equal easy to score on, it just means if you want to put a puck behind a goalie, your best chance is to go high, glove side (or 5 hole, or exploit lateral movement etc).

Marchand scored a goal through the 5 hole on a goalie recently-and his comment during the interview was that the report on the goalie was a weak 5 hole so he went 5 hole and scored.

All goalies have weaknesses that players try to exploit, but an elite goaltender's weakness is still going to stop the puck most of the time, where a less elite goalie's weakness is going to result in more goals if a team tries to exploit it.

There is a reason team's have scouting reports, and show tape, and prep players for games. The idea is to learn where a team's weaknesses are and exploit them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad