Post-Game Talk: Bruins beat Caps 4 - 1!!!

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Bruins 5-0-0 in matinee games? WOW

Guess we can shut up about the day games for now.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
He needs to start to care about his team getting scored on first. He just doesn't seem to give a **** anymore.

Correct. In the past, even when he wasn't scoring he was at least laying down some big hits and being a bit of a pest. Today it was hard to know if he was even on the ice. Almost invisible. Fine with me, as Washington has become somewhat of a joke team.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
3443688152_0acddab25c.jpg

:laugh: :laugh:

lol you guys are crazy.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
When does Ovy's contract end? If it's soon, I'll bet his salary that he goes to the KHL.

GoCanes2013

May 7, 2009
Raleigh
Nice game! Love to see WSH eat it like that. Your top line is almost as good as Semin-Staal-Tlusty...

Okay, *AS* good as them.

They're both really good top lines this year.

Congrats again.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
:nod: Yep. I don't understand why they can't play this way more often. Play the whole game, not 20, 40 but 60 minutes full speed. Were having a great season no doubt, but it is a joy to watch them play when they play this way.

Agree, and maybe this could be the start of more 60 minute efforts for the Bruins.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bruins 5-0-0 in matinee games? WOW

Guess we can shut up about the day games for now.

That' surprising. I don't think the Bruins have won that many matinee games in a row since they played in the old Boston Garden.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I love how the Bruins are in the wrong today because of Hendricks.

Throughout the whole game Hendricks targeted Horton a player with 2 major concussions and tried to fight him when Lucic was off the ice. When McQuaid stepped in he declined. Later he got chippy near our goalie and declined Hendricks.

He spot picked Horton and he tried to do it again during his other fight but he chose wrong.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
This team can dominate when Lucic and Horton actually show up to complete Krejci's stellar play.

Good game by the 4th.

The Seguin line was invisible.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
I love how the Bruins are in the wrong today because of Hendricks.

Throughout the whole game Hendricks targeted Horton a player with 2 major concussions and tried to fight him when Lucic was off the ice. When McQuaid stepped in he declined. Later he got chippy near our goalie and declined Hendricks.

He spot picked Horton and he tried to do it again during his other fight but he chose wrong.

It's posts like these that make fans of other teams feel the way they do in regards to the Bruins.

It's stupid to say he was being a spot picker and trying to fight Horton when Lucic was off the ice. Most of the physical play with Henricks and Horton was with Lucic on the ice.

Him and Horton were both willing combatants the entire game, and finally went at it. You can't expect Hendricks to go twice in the game. He declined Thornton off the draw because he obviously didn't want to go, nor had a need to go. However, he pretty much had no choice when Thornton and McQuaid were there, and just gave an "f you" Thornton and fought McQuaid instead. Fighting McQuaid instead is hardly spot picking when I think he's a tougher fighter than Thornton is.

If Lucic was Henricks today, your post would be the complete opposite and hypocritical. There was nothing wrong with what he did today, at all. Take the glasses off for once.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
When does Ovy's contract end? If it's soon, I'll bet his salary that he goes to the KHL.

I bet he doesn't get an pay raise which will effectively mean he heads to the KHL. I think that contract is turning into an albatross.

Shoot I wouldn't even trade for him if I was a GM-he is lazy on defense and doesn't know how to use his teammates to score.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Great game, and it was great to see the LKH line really step up today.

I had no problem with Henricks today. Some people here need to take off their black and gold glasses once in a while.

He fought Horton who he was going at it with the entire game. You can't expect him to drop his gloves twice. He didn't "duck" Thornton either when Thornton went over to him. He ended up going with McQuaid, so the entire "ducking" Thornton to go with a stronger fighter in McQuaid is just garbage. The attitude here would be the complete opposite if Lucic "ducked" a fight.

Great game, but this board is just delusional half the time.

errrr, mcquaid is certainly not a stronger fighter than thornton. certainly is bigger.

to me, bruins are sending a message that a guy like hendricks isn't gonna get to fight a guy like horton without going through them first. which is smart since horton shouldn't be fighting anyone with his history. nothing wrong with what hendricks did, but i see why ST did what he did as well.

EastCoastNiner

Nov 21, 2008
errrr, mcquaid is certainly not a stronger fighter than thornton. certainly is bigger.

to me, bruins are sending a message that a guy like hendricks isn't gonna get to fight a guy like horton without going through them first. which is smart since horton shouldn't be fighting anyone with his history. nothing wrong with what hendricks did, but i see why ST did what he did as well.

I agree with most of your post. Personally, I'd rather not fight McQuaid as he certainly has more power, whereas Thornton is more technically sound, but I don't think you can go wrong...or right either way.

I agree with the second part you mentioned, but it's not like Horton is Savard either. He's a physical player that also has a nasty edge to his game, which is great, but will also have to answer for it as well. I don't have a problem with anything in the game today, and I think it's dumb how it's always black and white here.

bruinsfan46

Dec 2, 2006
London, ON
@DJ_Bean: Alzner not a fan of Thornton, McQuaid "cornering" Hendricks. Calls it "biggest joke I've ever seen." "What if we did that to Seguin?"

Lucic and McQuaid should corner Alzner next game.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
This team can dominate when Lucic and Horton actually show up to complete Krejci's stellar play.

Good game by the 4th.

The Seguin line was invisible.

I don't think they were invisible.

They just didn't score-but I saw some really good shifts-lots of offensive pressure.

My guess is the Caps were matching their shutdown line against Bergeron's line (I would). Bergeron's line still had strong offensive zone pressure-just no goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad