Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Avs | 10/10/19

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I fully expect the Avs D to look kind of unsettled with the new personnel. It would be best to wait a while to see how they do. I think it will tighten up a lot by mid-season.

Yeah. Adding a reliable mid-pairing guy when EJ breaks down & adding 1 more legit top 6er; are our two biggest outstanding needs given how inexperienced Makar, Girard, Byram & Timmins still are. The growing pains on the blueline are why I don't think this'll be the year we start actually contending...since I don't see Joe making a move for someone like Savard.

But neither the final top 6er that we definitely need, nor the middle pairing stabilizer that we're likely to need (this year & maybe next), are unattainable pieces if the organization was ready to start going for it this year.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Barberio was surprisingly involved in the offense last night, but his shot is a total muffin. It's the most muffin-y shot on the team.
Barberio is so high energy that it exausts me just watching him. Every part of his body is moving at Mach 3 speed when he’s completing the simplest task such as dumping the puck in. It looks like he zonked a mountain of woof up his nose at all moments. It makes me laugh.

Relax, Mark.

AvalancheFan19

May 3, 2009
Nikita Zadorov is indispensable

Discuss
I personally agree. He's actually very good at defending and his physicality is an absolute game changer. Skates very well for his size and has an absolute cannon from the point (too bad he doesn't hit the net). Would hate to see him ago but with expansion I get it.

Hornstar

Feb 3, 2018
Dumb penalties, ices the puck way too much, #1 in our hearts.
Like a finishing a check when the guy turns to try to avoid a legal check, or when he gets a 5 minute major without even throwing a punch???? EJ can make the same mistakes and seems to get a free pass. I'd take z over ej on any night.
EJ nearly killed grubs last night timing a guy right through him.

Reactions: missionAvs

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Barberio is so high energy that it exausts me just watching him. Every part of his body is moving at Mach 3 speed when he’s completing the simplest task such as dumping the puck in. It looks like he zonked a mountain of woof up his nose at all moments. It makes me laugh.

Relax, Mark.

Thank you for this. I've been trying to figure out what it is about Barbs transition game that looks odd. He's got that herky jerky, happy hands/feet style.

giphy.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That one Zadorov icing towards the end of the game right off the faceoff was really bad. Had the puck on his stick for a second, no one on him, and just launches it down the ice. :laugh:

Speaking of faceoffs, Kadri was easily the best on the team once again. Very small sample size since it's only three games in but he's over 60% to start the season.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Watching the game again, now with Boston's announcers. I love Edwards but boy do both their guys like our team. Very much fun to listen to. Giants and legends and Grubi behind them.

Edit: They're right, though. f***ing Nichushkin is rightfully playing on our 4th (and sometimes third) line. And he's playing very well. This team is crazy good.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland

Relax, Mark.

LOL

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
That one Zadorov icing towards the end of the game right off the faceoff was really bad. Had the puck on his stick for a second, no one on him, and just launches it down the ice. :laugh:

Speaking of faceoffs, Kadri was easily the best on the team once again. Very small sample size since it's only three games in but he's over 60% to start the season.

Kadri and Bellemare are going to make a big difference in the face-off numbers for the team this year.

May not make a big difference in the majority of instances, but in key moments on the PK, or at the end of periods or games trying to hold a lead, or come back and tie the game, it could lead to some crucial wins. Especially in the playoffs.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Got a spare bedroom in the basement?
Your're always welcome in Alaska BT. I'll have access to every game other than those that are on NBC. Our local channels don't have a contract with Sling (or any other streaming services) and we can't even get an OTA signal on them...too many trees. When the AVs do get to the SCF, I hope like hell every game is on NBCSN (as that does work with Sling).

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad