Post-Game Talk: Bruins @ Avs | 10/10/19

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
Thank you for this. I've been trying to figure out what it is about Barbs transition game that looks odd. He's got that herky jerky, happy hands/feet style.

giphy.gif

I was having the time of my life watching him last night, the guy is wild.

Reactions: Foppa2118 and MarkT

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Watching the game again, now with Boston's announcers. I love Edwards but boy do both their guys like our team. Very much fun to listen to. Giants and legends and Grubi behind them.

Edit: They're right, though. ****ing Nichushkin is rightfully playing on our 4th (and sometimes third) line. And he's playing very well. This team is crazy good.

Watching it again on the Boston stream. Calling Kadri a refugee from Toronto and talking about his escaping the "smothering media" LMAO!

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Space is available but I wouldn't want you to meet the old guys who're living in our house. They're kinda scary and possibly dangerous.

I'm old and scangerous, too.

(and already getting buddy buddy with Jimmy Beam, and making up new words. good words, but made up.)

Reactions: Hornstar

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Your're always welcome in Alaska BT. I'll have access to every game other than those that are on NBC. Our local channels don't have a contract with Sling (or any other streaming services) and we can't even get an OTA signal on them...too many trees. When the AVs do get to the SCF, I hope like hell every game is on NBCSN (as that does work with Sling).

I've always wanted to visit / move to Alaska.

EDIT: (cold, wet weather hurts my joints, though. too many old injuries...)

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
It's awesome how good this team can still be even when MacKinnon and Makar are playing like garbage (by their standards), as well as the 2nd line not producing as a unit (that Bura goal was all him, not his line).

Barberio absolutely earned the right to stay in the lineup. It won't last, but it doesn't need to.

I'm also developing an irrational love for Ryan Graves. I'm seeing visions of him being stapled to the left side of the bottom pair for years to come, and I don't hate it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I want to do an Alaskan Cruise some day when I have money that I can spend on things like that. Always been fascinated by some of the photography that comes from those cruises.

Side note, I think given how this thread was created and the direction it's went in that this should just become the new off topic discussion place. It would be very fitting.

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
Just watched the game last night.

Nice to see Wilson back but he looked slow. He needs more time to get back into game shape

Our 4th line is awesome. It's nice to finally have a 4th line that can still be an offensive threat.

I'd be ok with the Avs mixing lines to try and find Kadri someone to work with.

Rantanen is so god damn good at everything hockey. I think he's surpassed MacKinnon and there's no looking back.

Johnson looks fresh and healthy. I wish he'd carry the puck into the offensive zone more. Although he still makes some questionable decisions.

Barberio played well, he should keep his spot for now.

Makar still doesn't look comfortable out there.

Grubauer was great.

Reactions: MarkT

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
It's awesome how good this team can still be even when MacKinnon and Makar are playing like garbage (by their standards), as well as the 2nd line not producing as a unit (that Bura goal was all him, not his line).

Barberio absolutely earned the right to stay in the lineup. It won't last, but it doesn't need to.

I'm also developing an irrational love for Ryan Graves. I'm seeing visions of him being stapled to the left side of the bottom pair for years to come, and I don't hate it.

Might be time to fire up the Trade - Zadorov discussions. :nod:

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Might be time to fire up the Trade - Zadorov discussions. :nod:

If Cole comes back and looks good... maybe...?

I love big Z though so I kind of hope we keep him at least till the end of this year. That being said, a lot of teams out there might be desperate for a player like him (looks at Toronto and Winnipeg).

We could do Zadorov for Kapanen straight up - they make the exact same amount.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
If Cole comes back and looks good... maybe...?

I love big Z though so I kind of hope we keep him at least till the end of this year. That being said, a lot of teams out there might be desperate for a player like him (looks at Toronto and Winnipeg).

We could do Zadorov for Kapanen straight up - they make the exact same amount.

I believe the perfect fit would be NJD. I don't believe the Leafs want another LHD. WPG is in the same division, so unlikely Sakic would do this trade if better options are available.

NJD fans on the Main Board seem to be OK with the following:

2020 - 1st (Top 10 protected) + Mcleod or Anderson.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I believe the perfect fit would be NJD. I don't believe the Leafs want another LHD. WPG is in the same division, so unlikely Sakic would do this trade if better options are available.

NJD fans on the Main Board seem to be OK with the following:

2020 - 1st (Top 10 protected) + Mcleod or Anderson.

That could work, although I'd prefer an established goal scorer rather than picks or prospects.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think Graves has been fine but he was also a two inch offsides away from being the goat last game. I will never understand what he was attempting to do there on that Debrusk goal/no goal.

Thought Wilson looked really good. Could have had a few points but the lack of finish is the story of his career. Nichushkin had his weakest game by far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad