Pre-Game Talk: Bruins at Wings, Wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
OK, so Helm deserves the 2C spot. Agree there.

What's the rationale of playing Andersson over Weiss at 3C? And giving Andersson better wingers than Weiss???

I see none.

Agreed. But at the same time, Weiss has centered the fourth line in practice a couple times this season and to my knowledge hasn't played there in a game. I think tomorrow morning's practice lines will give us a better idea.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Agreed. But at the same time, Weiss has centered the fourth line in practice a couple times this season and to my knowledge hasn't played there in a game. I think tomorrow morning's practice lines will give us a better idea.

Not sure if it was technically the "4th line" against Buffalo or not. But he did play with Sammy and Cleary in that game. So any line with those 2 wingers on it is the 4th line as far as I'm concerned.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
I think it's hilarious (and at the same time not) that Datsyuk's linemates from his last game played are now on the 4th line.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think it's hilarious (and at the same time not) that Datsyuk's linemates from his last game played are now on the 4th line.

Nitpicking here. But I believe Datsyuk's linemates in his last game played were Bertuzzi and Cleary. So you're 1/2 right.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
Nitpicking here. But I believe Datsyuk's linemates in his last game played were Bertuzzi and Cleary. So you're 1/2 right.

They were his 2nd from last game and were planning on being his linemates for his last game against Ottawa, but Bertuzzi couldn't go so Weiss jumped into the lineup.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
OK, so Helm deserves the 2C spot. Agree there.

What's the rationale of playing Andersson over Weiss at 3C? And giving Andersson better wingers than Weiss???

I see none.

He's realgud, heavy player.... Nobody agrees with it, but pretty sure that is the logic of our sage of wisdom coach Babcock.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington
He's realgud, heavy player.... Nobody agrees with it, but pretty sure that is the logic of our sage of wisdom coach Babcock.

It's not that he's the 3rd C, its the fact that Weiss should be playing with Tatar. Weiss is very skilled. I feel bad for Weiss. I feel bad for us as fans. He needs someone to pass to that wont either fall down or shoot it wide or right at the goalie. It's truly mind boggling. Double speak garbage. When Pavel comes back, I'd love to see what a Nyquist-Weiss-Tatar line could do given ample TOI and opportunity.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Considering two of those teams are not in our conference.. It would still be a kick ass line that would give us an advantage over most of the East.

and also leave 2nd line as fairly weak if franzen doesn't feel like playing and/or helm's hot streak ends.

but yeah that's the type of line i would like to see tried. would just prefer if there were one more top6er to balance it out.

like helm's line vs. malkin or krejci line. they are going o get killed and their 3rd line can hang in there. and in bruins case, more than that. that could be another line that is better.

basically or line combos come down to something.. we don't have enough good players and/or reason babcock

like in that case abby would be on 4th line. i doubt that happens consistently.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Pretty hard to gauge how good a line is that has never played together.....

Yeah, we have no idea if that line is going to work out of if the three of them "click." Just because two of them work well together, the third might not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad