Confirmed with Link: Bruins aquire Shane Bowers from the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for goaltender Keith Kinkaid.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Thanks for this. It is always great to learn anything more about any player in the Bruin organization
my pleasure, didn`t get to know him super well, actually spent more time talking with his parents as I managed a restaurant that his aunt was part owner in but the brief encounters I had with Shane were great, was a real nice kid, maybe he`ll put it together with a change of scenery, we shall see

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Studnicka was a far more skilled offensive player. Studnicka has played 37 fewer AHL games, and has 10 more goals and 59 more assists than Bowers.

Honestly Bowers sounds more like an older Beecher without the elite skating ability, that said, Maybe Bowers can develop into a grinder and have a career on the 4th line.
I agree but I’m starting to see Stud as a long term 4th liner. I still see the speed and skill but if he doesn’t have the physical strength to assert himself his offense will never come. If he overcomes that I do see serious upside. Not sure if Bowers has upside but it seems like he has fans despite the lack of production. I subscribe to the idea bigger players blossom later in most cases myself.

Comparable in asset value to me not in skill sets as I know little to nothing on Bowers yet.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yes, and this was true with Kinkaid as the depth piece. And honestly obviously Bussi is not Swayman/Ulmark, but you never know what you get in that situation.

How often has some no one come up and stunned the bruins for a night over the years

You never do know. At least Kinkaid was an NHL goalie, but you're right. I would not have felt great about him being the guy, either. Maybe Keyser or perhaps Bussi would do just as well, or better.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
A little off topic

uh, do not count out Maine at this point, Dom.... team is solidified as a playoff team and we have Brassard folks as well who went up as Bussi did when Keyser went down with the same injury as Swayman did.... which is why KINCAID got that token appearance

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
uh, do not count out Maine at this point, Dom.... team is solidified as a playoff team and we have Brassard folks as well who went up as Bussi did when Keyser went down with the same injury as Swayman did.... which is why KINCAID got that token appearance
I haven't forgotten about him. Until he signs an NHL contract I really don't care. He is a filler until then. You worry about guys under your control first. Brassard is not one of them.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad