Management Bruins Announce Hockey Operations Staff Changes

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, September 15, that the team has made the following changes to their hockey operations staff: Executive Director of Player Personnel John Ferguson will also serve as General Manager of the Providence Bruins, Sean Jordan has been hired as Head Physical Therapist, Ansel Garvey has been hired as Assistant Athletic Trainer, former Strength and Conditioning Coach John Whitesides has transitioned to a new role of Director of Health, Fitness and Wellness, Kenneth Pitts and Mike Macchioni have been hired as Sports Performance Coaches, Ryan Hardy has been hired as a U.S. Amateur Scout, Victor Nybladh has been hired as a European Amateur Scout, Matt Lindblad has been hired as a Professional Scout, and Brett Harkins has been hired as a Part-time Collegiate Scout. In addition, Assistant Athletic Trainer Derek Repucci has been relieved of his duties.

These changes are a reflection of the overall commitment that the Bruins organization continues to make in identifying and recruiting talent, coupled with providing players within the system the best possible tools to maximize their on-ice potential.

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=892685

don

Aug 31, 2002
Nashua, NH
BOSTON, MA – Boston Bruins General Manager Don Sweeney announced today, September 15, that the team has made the following changes to their hockey operations staff: Executive Director of Player Personnel John Ferguson will also serve as General Manager of the Providence Bruins, Sean Jordan has been hired as Head Physical Therapist, Ansel Garvey has been hired as Assistant Athletic Trainer, former Strength and Conditioning Coach John Whitesides has transitioned to a new role of Director of Health, Fitness and Wellness, Kenneth Pitts and Mike Macchioni have been hired as Sports Performance Coaches, Ryan Hardy has been hired as a U.S. Amateur Scout, Victor Nybladh has been hired as a European Amateur Scout, Matt Lindblad has been hired as a Professional Scout, and Brett Harkins has been hired as a Part-time Collegiate Scout. In addition, Assistant Athletic Trainer Derek Repucci has been relieved of his duties.

These changes are a reflection of the overall commitment that the Bruins organization continues to make in identifying and recruiting talent, coupled with providing players within the system the best possible tools to maximize their on-ice potential.

Now they need someone new to work on their web site.

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary

Well that does it for me. I cant stand this amount of change. Repucci was a good guy. Clearly Neely and Sweeney have lost control. Time for a new GM and President
:sarcasm: :laugh::laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You know what this club needs? More ole' boys!

If you ran a business and disqualified people by gender race ethnicity favorite ice cream or if you were a former employee your odds of success are poor

If Bill Belichick did this he would have fired Dante Scarneccia likely a HOF worthy coach due to guilt by association

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
John Ferguson? THAT John Ferguson? Are they specifically looking for candidates with worst possible resumes?

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
If you ran a business and disqualified people by gender race ethnicity favorite ice cream or if you were a former employee your odds of success are poor

If Bill Belichick did this he would have fired Dante Scarneccia likely a HOF worthy coach due to guilt by association

If the CEO of a company hired all his old buddies in all the top roles, would you buy or sell the shares?

Don't bother answering.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

I didn't realize Scarnecchia played for the organization before they originally hired him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
If the CEO of a company hired all his old buddies in all the top roles, would you buy or sell the shares?

Don't bother answering.

Lindblad/Harkins are "buddies" of Sweeney and have "top roles" (new Scouts)??

Or could it be that based on his experiences with them as players, Sweeney and Co feel that they have the qualities necessary to be good scouts?

I know that quantity doesn't always equal quality, but it seems to me that the B's are looking to add people to help in the drafting and developing of players. Not sure how this can be construed as a bad thing?

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
I don't mind seeing Sweeney putting his own stamp on the organizational structure, creating new roles, hopefully that means he has some sort of managerial vision.

John Ferguson is now Providence GM, who was the Providence GM before these changes, Bradley?

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
How about a role for Ference???

As a player he stood out as someone I gave a 80-90% chance to of being behind a bench as an NHL head coach after his playing days. Would like to see this thread merged with his retirement one!

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
I don't mind seeing Sweeney putting his own stamp on the organizational structure, creating new roles, hopefully that means he has some sort of managerial vision.

John Ferguson is now Providence GM, who was the Providence GM before these changes, Bradley?

The only man deemed worse than Ferguson in the hockey world : Don Sweeney himself.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Lindblad/Harkins are "buddies" of Sweeney and have "top roles" (new Scouts)??

Or could it be that based on his experiences with them as players, Sweeney and Co feel that they have the qualities necessary to be good scouts?

I know that quantity doesn't always equal quality, but it seems to me that the B's are looking to add people to help in the drafting and developing of players. Not sure how this can be construed as a bad thing?

Hiring people with no credentials or experience is a strange way to add help.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Wonder if the Rapucci dismissal has something to do with Rask's surprise no-show late in the season?

Interesting take.

The reshuffling of the fitness end of hockey ops definitely has something to do with the late season collapses.

Essensa still our goalie coach?

My guess is that the organization would probably love to have someone in a more full time role as goalie coach but there is noone qualified and or interested living in the Boston area and that job doesn't pay enough for someone to pull up sticks and move here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad