Bruins Announce 2015 Development Camp Schedule

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
Did you notice Cameron Hughes at all ?

I did.

Quick, creative and driven. The kid consistently popped up on my radar at this camp. Good hands too.

In the scrimmage, he had a 2on1 where he drew it back like he was going to shoot, pulled the puck through his legs to his backhand and then slid it cross crease for a tap in.

In the 2on1 after that, he sauced it over the defenders stick right onto his wingers blade but they shut the door.

On the next 2on1, he dropped it for a criss cross and opened up for a one-timer but never got the pass back.

His size is a concern, but the skill and speed are there. I bet he puts up 40-50 points this year in Wisconsin.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I did.

Quick, creative and driven. The kid consistently popped up on my radar at this camp. Good hands too.

In the scrimmage, he had a 2on1 where he drew it back like he was going to shoot, pulled the puck through his legs to his backhand and then slid it cross crease for a tap in.

In the 2on1 after that, he sauced it over the defenders stick right onto his wingers blade but they shut the door.

On the next 2on1, he dropped it for a criss cross and opened up for a one-timer but never got the pass back.

His size is a concern, but the skill and speed are there. I bet he puts up 40-50 points this year in Wisconsin.

Sweet thank you . He was very good for Spruce Grove or whatever it was stats wise then got buried on a Wisconsin team that didn't score much .

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So did you have the week off ?

It will be fun to watch Teddy's son. It doesn't seem that long ago that it was Ted on the ice for the B's. I am pleased he looked good. I thought he looked solid last camp too but Pasta was so flashy not many noticed Donato.

I worked Monday and early Tuesday- had a Staycation....always take the week off

I'm kind of proud me and Playmaker have watched camp at times as its going on and nailed these guys not just Pasta...so we watched from a few seats away and then discussed and a lot of same opinions

the organization looks pretty damn deep to me- there will be some misses but I think we will get some colossal hits and don't be surprised if at least 1 FA we signed (or more) doesn't becomes a regular Boston Bruins player and a good one)

This is the one camp I can say the FA guys they signed looked like they could skate and play- whoever came up with the invitee list did a great job as well

Boston's was late so maybe they got guys that would have been at others camps

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
The thing I always keep in mind with prospects is that they are 18-20 year old kids when first coming in and anything can happen with their development in terms of being a player and a professional person. Guys that actually would have otherwise made the NHL with their skill might not due to other factors in their growth.

So to Dan's point, there will definitely be misses and that doesn't even necessarily mean they aren't good players

But this is a really strong group of guys and I think this organization has finally turned a corner on drafting and amatuer scouting including the NCAA

The overall speed and drive of the guys is really standing out

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
Oh, I absolutely agree with what you are saying here ---if I'm going to seriously slag a guy then I will give my scouting report on him and give reasons as to why I don't like him. With Donato, it is just my gut feeling about him (I should have qualified that clearer, I suppose) and it isn't based on any proper scouting or analytics or anything. I don't think the numbers he has put up so far justify projecting him to be a top 6-9 player at the NHL level. If I am wrong on that then I will eat my crow but I'm not about to get aboard his hype train because he won the Button Award this year.

And unfortunately he's attending Harvard in the ECAC - where offense goes to die.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
I was impressed by Tanev, I wonder if the Bruins will be able to sign him in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad