Rumor: Bruins and Senators interested in Craig Smith

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Have you heard of Taylor Hall before? Hoffman? Toffoli? Dadonov?

Yes. Smith's contract will be much more digestible and likely have a similar impact if he is lining up with Bergeron or Krejci.

Hoffman is trash. Toffoli has no finish. I like Dadonov, but he has been trending somewhat downwards since coming back.

Taylor Hall is likely going to get paid.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Yes. Smith's contract will be much more digestible and likely have a similar impact if he is lining up with Bergeron or Krejci.

Hoffman is trash. Toffoli has no finish. I like Dadonov, but he has been trending somewhat downwards since coming back.

Taylor Hall is likely going to get paid.
Hoffman clearly isn’t trash, put whatever ridiculous biases you have aside.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Boston should take him. Ottawa... not really the right time and place for what he brings? :dunno:

But he'll get you 20 goals in a #2/3RW slot, and he gives a very honest effort every game. His scoring tends to come a little more streaky, but his effort level is a lot more steady. It hasn't always translated into the playoffs, but I don't honestly think that is correlated. He works hard and battles in danger areas. And sometimes he gets on a little run offensively and sometimes --- he doesn't. Just a bit by chance he hasn't in the playoffs too much. But that's different than being a player who doesn't show an acceptable level of playoff "compete". He's a good competitor. His line with Grimaldi and Bonino was our most consistent line this season, and his work ethic was beyond reproach, even when production wasn't quite there. He's just a bit streaky with the production is all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad