Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Dimitry Orlov and Garnet Hathaway from Washington

What you think?

• Love it?

Votes: 242 64.2%
  • Like it?

Votes: 109 28.9%
  • Dislike it?

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Hate it?

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • No opinion

Votes: 11 2.9%

• Total voters

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Lars Eller anyone? Is that going too far? LHC, 54% FO this season. His contract expires after this season/playoffs, and his cap hit is $3.5 million (although I think that he's owed more). I know that he had issues with Brad but these guys are professionals, and Brad is no dummy he keeps his eye on the prize. At this point in his career he's probably not a strong trade candidate for DS but just a thought for a low (trade) cost center. Don't get me wrong I'd rather Barbashev or that type of PIA guy.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Lars Eller anyone? Is that going too far? LHC, 54% FO this season. His contract expires after this season/playoffs, and his cap hit is $3.5 million (although I think that he's owed more). I know that he had issues with Brad but these guys are professionals, and Brad is no dummy he keeps his eye on the prize. At this point in his career he's probably not a strong trade candidate for DS but just a thought for a low (trade) cost center. Don't get me wrong I'd rather Barbashev or that type of PIA guy.

I can’t root for Eller and Hathaway that’s too far

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
If he came with the guarantee that he would play as well as he did during the Caps Cup run I'd want him in a heartbeat. Dude was off the chain awesome. Something like 3 game winners that playoffs. He and Smith-Pelly provided the secondary support necessary to win the Cup.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Why did Bruins trade for Dmitry Orlov with an already full left side on defense?

“The versatility with Dmitry is he plays both sides,” general manager Don Sweeney said. “Equally adept at it. He’s a very, very good puck mover. Looks to get up into the rush. Has a shot mentality at the offensive blue line. Certainly defends with conviction and does have an open-ice mindset at times to be able to take away time and space effectively. We just think there’s a real good hockey player there who’s got experience. He’s won a Stanley Cup. Adds to our group in any one of the areas we think he can address and who he’s going to play with.”

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad