Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4 at Canucks 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
Man if Willie talks to the team in the dressing room like he does to the media in the post game it's no wonder why they look unmotivated, bored and downright lazy out there. This guy is so dull to listen to, provides zero insight, and seems to be grasping at straws for answers. "Um yeah, well if we don't play good, you know we don't win. If you don't score goals, you don't win... blah blah blah.... sounds exactly like Benning when he talks!

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
If this continues WD has lost the team. Bring up Travis Green as interim head coach for the rest of the year and offer WD the door or Utica. See if TG can get Sven to play and bring up others that can produce. Last chance as Canucks for probably Sven, Grenier, Jensen,etc so you may as well give them a chance to play. Waiver or trade some vets to make room. If TG, shows he has it, great. If not, you've got a great pick and you hire when more coaching choices may be available.

You call up Green and you ruin what is going on in Utica while trying to clean up a mess here. Trade some of the vets at the deadline and give Jensen,Baer,Grenier etc playing time to see what you have over a extended stay in the NHL.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yeah, Im on board the Lucic train too. If we could somehow land Johansen, we could be a real team next year.

I'm guessing Lucic gonna cost 5 years 6 mil per.

Johansen gonna cost us Horvat/McCann + Tanev + 1st + Something else.

Feels like very steep prices.

Bobby Digital

Jun 15, 2006
This team should have rebuilt after we were swept by the Sharks. It was so obvious this is where we were headed by trying to sneak into the playoffs the last couple of years and not selling high on our assets while we could. A lot of posters on here were OK with it too. Smh. If only Gillis was allowed to press the "reset" button like he wanted to.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

Especially when our goaltending and defense would still be pure *******. It doesn't accomplish much of anything but being mediocre again.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

We can afford Lucic with Vrbata, Prust, Hamhuis, and hopefully others coming off the books. That price for Ryjo seems steep but I would do something like Tanev, Horvat, Gaunce

The Jesus*

Id much rather build around Johansen than Horvat+Tanev. Two quarters don't equal a 50 cent piece. Hockey doesn't work like that.

Jimson Hogarth*

Nov 21, 2013
Why didn't we get the 10th overall pick from the Ducks?

wabam.jpg

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
This is it. They have to do something after this. The coach said before the game that they had to show something and they didn't. Benning has to make some kind of move. A new coach? A new center? Waive somebody?

fire the coach would be option a. but which candidates are out there? i'd hire marc crawford back. wonder how he'll deal with the kids. let them play? through their struggles and guide them or bench them like stubborn old willie? trades would be okay but these guys are not making a good case for themselves to consider trading. hamhuis/vrbata.. its probably low right now..

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Jimson being surprisingly neutral the past two days..

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
"Must win" situation becomes "must tank situation". Only thing to really rally around now is getting into a premier draft position. Of course, there is always the chance management throws that away with some useless trade and then there is really nothing left to be optimistic about.

The Good

Nothing I could see. Maybe Prust ramming Marchant in the nut sack but even that was pretty hollow consolation.

The Bad

Let's just get to the Ugly

The Ugly

Defense was not NHL caliber any way. If Hamhuis is hurt just sit him out until he can play b/c he can't play right now. Weber is dreadful in every way imaginable. Bartkowski can't play in his own end. And on it goes... Not good when you're hoping Sbisa can get back ASAP.

Lot of the forwards not much better than the Utica guys. Maybe the worst game of the season for the Sedins and Burrows. Fourth line barely adequate and they were probably the best. Higgins is frankly deplorable and seems no longer viable in this League. Don't think that is argument any more. Vrbata (I think) is still a decent player but not here and not now.

Benning looked like he was on death row and might, unfortunately, be a man ready to push the panic button on some patch work trade. Maybe someone can arrange a mass e-mail "saying we got your back as long as you don't sell us out with some Burke-like trade of prospects or draft choices".

Really this situation is not totally of his making. This has been a situation that has been developing for years. But, if he hasn't got the fortitude and insight to go the rebuild route, you hope someone has the will and power to force him.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
"Must win" situation becomes "must tank situation". Only thing to really rally around now is getting into a premier draft position. Of course, there is always the chance management throws that away with some useless trade and then there is really nothing left to be optimistic about.

The Good

Nothing I could see. Maybe Prust ramming Marchant in the nut sack but even that was pretty hollow consolation.

The Bad

Let's just get to the Ugly

The Ugly

Defense was not NHL caliber any way. If Hamhuis is hurt just sit him out until he can play b/c he can't play right now. Weber is dreadful in every way imaginable. Bartkowski can't play in his own end. And on it goes... Not good when you're hoping Sbisa can get back ASAP.

Lot of the forwards not much better than the Utica guys. Maybe the worst game of the season for the Sedins and Burrows. Fourth line barely adequate and they were probably the best. Higgins is frankly deplorable and seems no longer viable in this League. Don't think that is argument any more. Vrbata (I think) is still a decent player but not here and not now.

Benning looked like he was on death row and might, unfortunately, be a man ready to push the panic button on some patch work trade. Maybe someone can arrange a mass e-mail "saying we got your back as long as you don't sell us out with some Burke-like trade of prospects or draft choices".

Really this situation is not totally of his making. This has been a situation that has been developing for years. But, if he hasn't got the fortitude and insight to go the rebuild route, you hope someone has the will and power to force him.

Well, I have defended him on some occasions but some of the criticisms towards him are well-deserved.

He simply can not panic and trade prospects or our picks for short term help.

If he kicks the can down the road, it will only make the rebuild a longer and a more painful transition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig