Sweden
Pre-game: "it's a must win"

*loses 4-0, not even anti-tank Marky tries*

*Prust spears Marchand, Dorsett fights*

Post game: can we have a do over?

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Why was Markstrom in, anyway? Maybe he is the least bitter goalie, right now?

He was amazing in LA and a mini-"movement" started for him to get the Stars game. I'm guessing they wanted to get him back in to see what's what with him. And yeah, Miller isn't happy at the moment. Shouldn't be at least, almost feels like the D is actively trying to ruin the goalies haha.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Man if Willie talks to the team in the dressing room like he does to the media in the post game it's no wonder why they look unmotivated, bored and downright lazy out there. This guy is so dull to listen to, provides zero insight, and seems to be grasping at straws for answers. "Um yeah, well if we don't play good, you know we don't win. If you don't score goals, you don't win... blah blah blah.... sounds exactly like Benning when he talks!

Yeah, it sure worked out well with Tortorella screaming and losing his temper here.

Is there another team in the history of NHL that went through 4 coaches in 4.5 years? Seems incredibly ridiculous. The core needs to change.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I have been away for a few weeks and can only check out the games via Twitter in the morning ( 10 hours difference ) and I gotta say....I'm so glad I can't watch the team right now! I still watch every game religiously but good lord. When you add up all the games a year you spend watch hockey it's over 10 days of your life

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
fire the coach would be option a. but which candidates are out there? i'd hire marc crawford back. wonder how he'll deal with the kids. let them play? through their struggles and guide them or bench them like stubborn old willie? trades would be okay but these guys are not making a good case for themselves to consider trading. hamhuis/vrbata.. its probably low right now..

Yup. Values are low. They can go lower. By the deadline, Canucks may not have anybody to dangle.

If a team has learned to survive defeats without rancor, all is lost. You have to break that team up, even if it means dealing from weakness, even if it means dismantling the core.

I am in favor of limiting damage now. Hide young players away from this in the minors or back in junior. This team is just going to screw them up. Losing and beatings do not equal mentoring.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Yup. Values are low. They can go lower. By the deadline, Canucks may not have anybody to dangle.

If a team has learned to survive defeats without rancor, all is lost. You have to break that team up, even if it means dealing from weakness, even if it means dismantling the core.

I am in favor of limiting damage now. Hide young players away from this in the minors or back in junior. This team is just going to screw them up. Losing and beatings do not equal mentoring.

Rather have McCann and Virtanen get more minutes and learn here. McCann is too good for junior. He just needs more opportunity.

Right now, I am actually not upset with the Canucks losing streak. I think it's time we consider a tank.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
McCann had nearly 17 minutes
Was a -3

However
He looked pretty darn good for parts of the game
Some poor D and an unfortunate soft goal on Markstrom
Hopefully that doesn't work against him

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Was at the game....some observations

Sedin Sedin Hansen Edler Tanev werent on the top of their game but at least wasn't a train wreck like the rest. Edler looked like the best Canuck tonight and he even had a bad giveaway and a few small gaffs.

Higgins was a 50/50 guy. Had a few moments on one shift then was completely unwilling to get engaged on the next.....just not acceptable.

Vrbata was a complete passenger. Couldn't look more disinterested in actually fighting for a puck and even his shots are off his back foot.......either put him back with the twins so we can pump him back up or just send him elsewhere. -17 is pathetic.

McCann is really struggling and isn't getting any help from 2 disinterested wingers.

Horvat is in a funk and is really struggling to find chemistry with anyone.

Burrows was largely invisible due to Horvat and Kenins having the play die off their sticks all night.

Kenins was absolute garbage. Right from his first shift he was a miss tonight. Couldn't even make simple plays...really struggled and wouldn't be surprised if he's out for a few games. What happened to this guy?

Cracknell and Dorsett were solid......Prust is an idiot and I hope he's suspended for his stupidness. He was also the worst player on the 4th line and I would like to see him go away so Gaunce and Kenins can develop in the NHL.

Hutton and Bartkowski were just ok with Hamhuis again playing so passive and weak and a step off the pace.

Weber needs to go away. Had a half dozen or more WTF moments and he's been doing this for some time now. It's absolutely unacceptable and a disaster. I'd take Biega or Pedan any day over this terrible option.

Markstrom was weak. The 1st goal he had no chance......and quite frankly when your team scores zero goals I have a hard time blaming goaltending.

Tonight's game was one of the worst efforts I've ever seen. Never seen a team so full of floaters unwilling to get stuck in like this. The lack of execution was unbelievable. Couldn't even make simple dump plays, short simple passes, Tape to tape out of the zone. The Bruins were at the end of a 3 in 4 and largely sat back watching us screw up....pouncing on mistakes and making easy outs because none of our buttery soft crew in the top 3 lines was willing to out work anyone....what a gong show

Last edited:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Was at the game....some observations

Sedin Sedin Hansen Edler Tanev werent on the top of their game but at least wasn't a train wreck like the rest. Edler looked like the best Canuck tonight and he even had a bad giveaway and a few small gaffs.

when you think about it, the Canucks only have enough to make one great 5 man unit.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Bob Mckenzie's poll of 10 NHL scouts did. But obviously that doesn't mean as much as what HF Canucks thinks.

Appeal to crowds >>> Appeal to authority amirite?

Picking off McKenzie's list is what Gillis is criticized for. We all saw the potential of Nylander and Ehlers compared to Virtanen, just that Virtanen isn't a top 6 or bust prospect like Nylander and Ehlers are. It still hurts if we draft a 2nd-3rd line tweener with the highest pick we've had in a decade. I still like Virtanen and think he'll be a 2nd liner eventually. However, missing those two with that super important pick to get a "gritty hometown kid" was an oopsie. We would 100% have one of Ehlers and Nylander right now if our GM hadn't been let go, and an okay chance we'd have McCann too.

I think it's fair for people to be disappointed.

Kenins

Feb 16, 2015
Jūrmala
Wow guys you are bunch of weird and grumpy fans.
OK Canucks have a hard time I agree, but the season is long and every team is catchable.

It is funny that few players are ****heads and garbage and after another game they are send from heaven to save the Canucks

No offense but you just need to be more loyal to your team. :shakehead

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
Pickle Time Deli & Market
Wow guys you are bunch of weird and grumpy fans.
OK Canucks have a hard time I agree, but the season is long and every team is catchable.

It is funny that few players are ****heads and garbage and after another game they are send from heaven to save the Canucks

No offense but you just need to be more loyal to your team. :shakehead

The fan base is coming undone for Chychrun

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
That was one lifeless stinker we saw. I can't believe there are those who still believe this is just a "slump". And what was Prust thinking? Even though it was against ratboy I still thought it was garbage. This team sucks.

DCantheDDad

DisplacedNuckfan
Jul 1, 2013
Edmonton
For the first time in weeks I mustered up the courage to record a game and watch it. They sure showed me. Crazy to think that Austin Matthews seems more likely than the playoffs.

Hank's words after the game were telling. Such dark times for us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad