Post-Game Talk: Bruins 3, Oilers 2

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
This season is tied for me with 2006-07. Losing Pronger a few weeks after a loss in game 7 of the finals is probably worse. How can that not be? The disappointment of the loss combined with the knowledge that another rebuild is coming was sickening. That season led to years of futility and the organization is still paying for it.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
McDavid played 16:23 at 5-on-5 tonight.

15:12 vs Chara
13:16 vs McAvoy
0:21 vs McQuaid

On home ice.

Player deployment screams deliberate tank.
I think Oilers decided this in October. How else has there been no player moves or bench firings?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The effort was there tonight. And a bit of confidence too. What didn't change is the skill or lackthereof of out supporting cast type players. These guys played hard last night, and couldn't find a way to get dangerous shots on net AGAIN. This roster needs a makeover.

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..
McLellan Post game..

We have to try harder..
There is things we have to improve ..
Guys aren't buying in or following the system..
We have to get better..
"X" player made some bad decisions..
I don't have any answers to that..
If i knew how to fix it, it would be fixed...

Rinse and repeat...

Reactions: Del Preston

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Its only going to get worse.

My lord, this guy runs an Officiating School

Hockey Referee School of Officiating | Steve Kozari Ref School

"how to get the calls right"

1)First develop a grudge against teams and players
2)Develop troll face, practice your troll face. The little things matter.
3) Feign that you are blind, dumb, and don't speak English while players are talking about a call
4)Make a specific point of going to some benches and not others to discuss calls with coaches. Make sure to laugh at the other bench while doing this.
5)Get in the way of the play of the opposing team as much as possible. When doable deflect passes in front of net, you might get an assist.
6)Make calls with authority while 150feet away. Ignore the comments of officials that saw the play. Remember, you're a leader, don't back down.
7)Change the call on the ice regularly with no explanation. Signal 3 different things alternately for ****s and giggles. Its a goal, no its not a goal, its..
8)When Draisaitl wins another faceoff clean just redo it. Just because.
This post put me in a bad mood.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
upload_2018-2-21_20-57-37.png

Reactions: Soundwave

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
intended as funny. But I think the officials, some of them, almost consider us an opponent..

Koharski Kurse...;)
I think you hit the nail on the head here.

What bothers me is that Koharski and McGeough used to be the only two who used to be known for this. If your team drew either one of these guys you cringed and hoped their effect on the game would be minimal even though you knew there was a good chance that they’d probably be involved somehow. The good news was they only occasionally did your games. The group we have today all seem to be of this ilk where they insist on being part of the show and putting their personal stamps on the game. What makes it frustrating and unbearable is that it’s happening almost on a nightly basis now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad