Post-Game Talk: Bruins 3 Devils 0

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
It's a step in the right direction even if the other team was terrible. Great way to build confidence! Now let's get ready for Saturday's game.

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
I'm gonna give Sveddy a pass on this game, he's looked much better in the past. The shots were so infrequent I don't think he had a chance to get into any kind of rhythm at all.

As is too often the B's sort of played down to their opponent's energy level. Not quite as bad as it's been, and probably impossible to match that kind of lack of intensity.

It's points, it's confidence, it's a another step in the right direction.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
here is the origin story

Let me take you back in time 3 days ago in the Pastrnak thread. Upon word he was being recalled many were discussing how Clode must feel. A fellow poster gave us the picture, nay a gift of the blobfish. I remarked it looked like the face Clode must of made upon hearing he'd have to play Pastrnak. Another remarked, "Its a Clodefish". And thus, on monday january 5th 2015, the legend of the "Clodefish" was born."

then avatars were changed. and here we are on a 2-0 win streak!

2le03ev.jpg

JN5NECv.jpg

Krejci looks like he can't believe his eyes :laugh::laugh:

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I wouldn't go as far as they're "BACK ON TRACK" like the official site says. Okay they won 2 games but lets wait and see after 5 or so more games before we can really say they turned it around and are BACK ON TRACK.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
They looked much better last night. Hopefully they kick it into a higher gear on Saturday because Jersey was just plain bad.

Pros:
- Lucic looked very good, and he looks like he's developing some chemistry with 37.
- Marchand is insanely talented with the puck on his stick
- I feel like McQuaid plays his role about as good as a bottom pair D-man can. He's not fancy, but he gets the job done.
- Better game from Chara.
- Svedberg made the few saves he had to make.

Cons:
- Paille does not belong on the top line... ever... yes, he's got speed, but his hands are worse than John Scotts.
- Still not physical enough.
- Svedberg doesn't seem confident when there's a shot on net.
- Pastrnak needs to put on another 20 pounds. He's knocked off the puck easily.
- Caron is the worst.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Krejci looks like he can't believe his eyes :laugh::laugh:

Its great, isnt it? :laugh:

I love how this little blobfish has taken off. We all needed a little fun from otherwise a terrible season of hockey. The luck of the Clodefish came at the best possible moment for us. Who new such a strange and unusual looking creature (with a heart of gold) would be so fun? :laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Its great, isnt it? :laugh:

I love how this little blobfish has taken off. We all needed a little fun from otherwise a terrible season of hockey. The luck of the Clodefish came at the best possible moment for us. Who new such a strange and unusual looking creature (with a heart of gold) would be so fun? :laugh:

Reminds me of the Seidenmoose last year :laugh:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They looked much better last night. Hopefully they kick it into a higher gear on Saturday because Jersey was just plain bad.

Pros:
- Lucic looked very good, and he looks like he's developing some chemistry with 37.
- Marchand is insanely talented with the puck on his stick
- I feel like McQuaid plays his role about as good as a bottom pair D-man can. He's not fancy, but he gets the job done.
- Better game from Chara.
- Svedberg made the few saves he had to make.

Cons:
- Paille does not belong on the top line... ever... yes, he's got speed, but his hands are worse than John Scotts.
- Still not physical enough.
- Svedberg doesn't seem confident when there's a shot on net.
- Pastrnak needs to put on another 20 pounds. He's knocked off the puck easily.
- Caron is the worst.

I`m not sure I want Pastrnak putting 20 lbs on, agreed some muscle would be good but I don`t want to see him bulky

Caron, IMO, had a solid game

Yes it was the Devils, but our boys played an exceptionally sound game in all 3 zones, taking away passing lanes consistently, fore checking intelligently, pinching in at the right times, absolutely dominating the Devils

No complaints here

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I`m not sure I want Pastrnak putting 20 lbs on, agreed some muscle would be good but I don`t want to see him bulky

Caron, IMO, had a solid game

Yes it was the Devils, but our boys played an exceptionally sound game in all 3 zones, taking away passing lanes consistently, fore checking intelligently, pinching in at the right times, absolutely dominating the Devils

No complaints here

When I say pounds, I mean muscle. If he can put on 20/25 pounds he would be a lot stronger on the puck. He's listed at 6'0'' 168 right now.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
When I say pounds, I mean muscle. If he can put on 20/25 pounds he would be a lot stronger on the puck. He's listed at 6'0'' 168 right now.

still not enticed with him putting on 20-25lbs of muscle and then not being able to skate

watched Blake Wheeler try this one year with the B`s....ugg

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
still not enticed with him putting on 20-25lbs of muscle and then not being able to skate

watched Blake Wheeler try this one year with the B`s....ugg

I recall Brandon Bochinski doing this. Did not work out at all.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Let's compromise then. Instead of 20 pounds of muscle how about 10?

That way he doesn't get blown off the puck and he'll still be able to fly up & down the ice.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I disagree. He's getting knocked off the puck far too easily.

not disagreeing but I`m not sure your understanding what I`m saying, not saying I wouldn`t want him to add muscle, what I am saying that too much of it, and the guy won`t be able to skate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad