Post-Game Talk: Bruins 3 Devils 0

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Just in from the game.

I think NJ is a bad team but still give the B's credit for playing well.

Love watching Pasta but am not sure he is ready yet.

Looch and Bergy :D. Also Yeti looked good.

ashnathan...from the GDT"Hey Ladyfan, how many beers has Tuukks downed" None but I bet he had a few before the game because he was smiling often tonight and usually he looks pissed off.

Also...No flask for Ladyfan...I am not much of a drinker . I have to drive home to NH and there are always too many drunks behind the wheel as it is.

Wally...I do bake but for the guys who work behind the bench. I guess the players get some too;)...also DKH . The behind the bench guys are really nice to us. I am happy they are being featured on Behind the B.

I have to sneak in the baked goods. Hermits seem to be a favorite.

GO B's

Pasta is definitely going to have his hiccups if he remains with the Bruins but skill wise I think we need him at the moment.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
I was at the game; he was flopping around a lot and New Jersey missed 2 wide open nets where Svedberg was 5 feet out of position.

One of the easiest shutouts I've ever seen.

I agree, he was all over the place.

I am in love with this whole clodefish/blobfish thing. Not gonna lie though, I would **** my pants if I ever saw one of those things in real life.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Just in from the game.

I think NJ is a bad team but still give the B's credit for playing well.

Love watching Pasta but am not sure he is ready yet.

Looch and Bergy :D. Also Yeti looked good.

ashnathan...from the GDT"Hey Ladyfan, how many beers has Tuukks downed" None but I bet he had a few before the game because he was smiling often tonight and usually he looks pissed off.

Also...No flask for Ladyfan...I am not much of a drinker . I have to drive home to NH and there are always too many drunks behind the wheel as it is.

Wally...I do bake but for the guys who work behind the bench. I guess the players get some too;)...also DKH . The behind the bench guys are really nice to us. I am happy they are being featured on Behind the B.

I have to sneak in the baked goods. Hermits seem to be a favorite.

GO B's

Pasta has quick hands and feet, but gets knocked off the puck fairly easy because I don't think he weighs more than 165lbs soaking wet, ....but I'd still like to see more of him.

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
Lol

In the Pastrnak thread a fews days back we were talking about the line up and I was fed with Looch so then I called him a blobfish. People thought it was funny so we started posting pictures of blobfishes and...wa-la.

...and then it was realized it looked just like Clode :D

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sooshii has a pretty good record of B's wins when she puts up the GDT !

She must be good luck !

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Let's just get him away from Campbell for awhile.

Campbell should be the healthy scratch I think at this point.

JN5NECv.jpg

I actually did a double take a almost fell over. :laugh: The helmet is a nice touch also.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
So NJ was that bad I take it, I couldn't watch the game but we out shot them bad and I also had to work the night of the Detroit and Winnipeg game, so maybe I should just work every game the Bruins play haha

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
And that's why you don't need to overpay a goaltender. Great game.

He made 14 saves... And he flops around entirely too much to be an everyday goalie. His rebound control is atrocious as well.

Pump the brakes on bashing Tuukka because our backup got a 14 save shutout against a team where half the roster is collecting social security.

mislysBB

Aug 6, 2013
Northeast
He made 14 saves... And he flops around entirely too much to be an everyday goalie. His rebound control is atrocious as well.

Pump the brakes on bashing Tuukka because our backup got a 14 save shutout against a team where half the roster is collecting social security.

:laugh:

But yeah WTP, you need to cool off your "anti" Rask agenda. It gets old after a while.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Pasta definitely had the deer in the headlights look tonight. Definitely needs more reps in the minor league.

Not sure if he's quite ready for the NHL and think he might be better served if he's playing in the NHL to get third line minutes with weaker Competition. Imo while I like Marchand with Krejci, Krejci still needs a real RW. Smith IMO is really a third liner but he may be the better Krejci option for now. Would still most prefer Loui play with him for about 5 games.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
That's literally exactly what we did like.. 2 years ago I think?

Only it was just "Clode"..

Unless you knew that and you were just being facetious

EDIT - Oh maybe it was the Charlie Sheen theme actually. I have an old one that says "HFBoards say "Whiner" [with a pic of Savard], But Charlie says "Winning."

Charlie wasn't playoffs.

First time I've seen Chara play that well in a loooong time. Probably helped that the Devils looked like they were skating in quicksand, but I'll take it.

I think his goal boosted his confidence.

Sooshii has a pretty good record of B's wins when she puts up the GDT !

She must be good luck !

:5:

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
The third man didn't stay up high last night. He went to the net. There was even a net drive when the forward had the puck behind the net. Great effort and glad to see an actual adjustment (2 fore-checkers until final 5 mins, third man pinching to the net, forward circling to the middle in the defensive zone when B's got the puck instead of sitting on the wall). It was nice to see, still can't believe the score was only 3-0 at the end. We will have to wait for another game for this team to bring their shot% up.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The third man didn't stay up high last night. He went to the net. There was even a net drive when the forward had the puck behind the net. Great effort and glad to see an actual adjustment (2 fore-checkers until final 5 mins, third man pinching to the net, forward circling to the middle in the defensive zone when B's got the puck instead of sitting on the wall). It was nice to see, still can't believe the score was only 3-0 at the end. We will have to wait for another game for this team to bring their shot% up.

It was sure a breath of fresh air to see Soderberg firing those shots from the slot huh? I'm happy that the Bruins played more aggressively and a big part of that is Lucic deciding he wants to play. The big guy can generate a lot of scoring chances for this team off the forecheck if he is willing to work.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
It was sure a breath of fresh air to see Soderberg firing those shots from the slot huh? I'm happy that the Bruins played more aggressively and a big part of that is Lucic deciding he wants to play. The big guy can generate a lot of scoring chances for this team off the forecheck if he is willing to work.

It will be interesting to see if they continue to play like that, or if they adjust right back at the first sign of adversity. They trapped the neutral zone more aggressive, but I think that was simply a bi-product of the poor foot speed in NJ. I hope they can work on the high clear up the middle as I think that's an option they don't use nearly enough. Give the D some options instead of smashing the puck off the boards in their own end.

Johnmbs1962

Jun 25, 2014

If it was possible to play poorly and get a shutout I think Svedberg accomplished that.....

Made some routine saves, was out of position and flopping around a lot, left an open net for our opponents multiple times......

I like Svedberg as a backup but I think people are nuts entertaining the idea of this guy ever being our starter. He would get exposed so quick.....

It's nice to get a win but unwise to think we really turned a corner last night. That performance by the devils was just horrendous. We spent the whole game with no resistance in their offensive zone and only scored 2 goals before they pulled the goalie......

That team should have been completely lit up with a bunch of our players getting on the scoreboard......

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
feel like there are two ways to look at this game..
good before the bad...
-need to get the confidence ball rolling and i feel like the last two games have done that.. especially for a few of the guys.. also thought the d's breakout was on point all game long and i love when dougie is on his game , thought he was great last night . I hope the rest of the team saw what the yeti did to score his goal... now, hopefully they can stop thinking its a quarantine zone in claudes system.

-having said that .. this game should have been 5-0 b's .. talk about a no show from the devils.. but it was one of those games where if NJ had gotten one lucky bounce , they are only down one and they get another jump in their step and now the b's are caught standing there with their pants down.. you have got to finish some of those opportunities they had .. love what paille brings to the table but you gotta bury atleast 1 out of the 3 HIGH quality scoring chances he had..

just my 2 cents .. and ill end with saying that it was awesome to watch domination , even if NJ dis mail it in , havent seen the b's of old for quite a while now. ! it was actually fun to watch last night, rather than infuriating !

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
The Clodefish is real mah friends

I will say it has the potential to be the most ****ed playoff avatars of all time.

:laugh:

I welcome our new Clodefish overlords

Im on the edge. I admit it.

Are you on the edge of glory ;)

I might be on board if someone can put a cage on one..

but seriously.. a game where the Bruins had more PPs than their opponent? Seriously how often does that happen?

It happens when you believe!

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=95347011#post95347011

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
feel like there are two ways to look at this game..
good before the bad...
-need to get the confidence ball rolling and i feel like the last two games have done that.. especially for a few of the guys.. also thought the d's breakout was on point all game long and i love when dougie is on his game , thought he was great last night . I hope the rest of the team saw what the yeti did to score his goal... now, hopefully they can stop thinking its a quarantine zone in claudes system.

-having said that .. this game should have been 5-0 b's .. talk about a no show from the devils.. but it was one of those games where if NJ had gotten one lucky bounce , they are only down one and they get another jump in their step and now the b's are caught standing there with their pants down.. you have got to finish some of those opportunities they had .. love what paille brings to the table but you gotta bury atleast 1 out of the 3 HIGH quality scoring chances he had..

just my 2 cents .. and ill end with saying that it was awesome to watch domination , even if NJ dis mail it in , havent seen the b's of old for quite a while now. ! it was actually fun to watch last night, rather than infuriating !

If you look at the game tracker on TSN - http://gametracker-nhl.tsn.ca/new-jersey-devils-boston-bruins-20150108. Take a look at the shots in close. That is the type of game this team needs to play to be successful. They might not have put in 5, but they could of. If they continue to play aggressive in the offensive zone and sit a man in front. The goals will come. Shooting % in the slot like that will even out over time.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

Rebounds especially. He seems like a lesser Khudobin? Probably no more than a back up like a Chad Johnson.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If it was possible to play poorly and get a shutout I think Svedberg accomplished that.....

Made some routine saves, was out of position and flopping around a lot, left an open net for our opponents multiple times......

I like Svedberg as a backup but I think people are nuts entertaining the idea of this guy ever being our starter. He would get exposed so quick.....

It's nice to get a win but unwise to think we really turned a corner last night. That performance by the devils was just horrendous. We spent the whole game with no resistance in their offensive zone and only scored 2 goals before they pulled the goalie......

That team should have been completely lit up with a bunch of our players getting on the scoreboard......

Sveddy looks fine as a backup but hes clearly not an NHL starter. Khudobin was our opportunity to fill the position for under 2 mil a year and jettison Rask but that wouldn't have lasted forever if he played well he'd need to be paid too.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If you look at the game tracker on TSN - http://gametracker-nhl.tsn.ca/new-jersey-devils-boston-bruins-20150108. Take a look at the shots in close. That is the type of game this team needs to play to be successful. They might not have put in 5, but they could of. If they continue to play aggressive in the offensive zone and sit a man in front. The goals will come. Shooting % in the slot like that will even out over time.

They took shots in close because NJ rolled over and let them. The fact that they barely scored 3 goals tells me how pathetic offensively this team truly is. 43 shots on net. Jersey just let them set up shop all night long, and all they could muster were 2 lousy goals? They may be even more inept offensively than I thought.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00