Post-Game Talk: Bruins 3 Devils 0

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
I soo wanted Paille to get one yesterday.

Kelly showed a few times the speed he has but why in the world has he have to be making $$$. He would have been so much more liked around here.

mmk

Sep 5, 2014
I don't know if I'm in the minority but I really like Paille in a top 6 role with Lucic and Bergeron. Yes, Paille doesn't have the best hands but he's supremely fast and otherwise a very talented player (See: assist on one of Campbell's goals a month or 2 ago. Maybe someone can link to that video?). I think this line is very well balanced: a speed guy, a power guy, and a defensive playmaker guy.

The Soda-Kelly-Eriksson line works because it is balanced too. As we know from the inability of Krejci-Looch to get it going on line 1 this year, chemistry and complementarity of players matters more for success than does raw aggregate talent.

I think we still need some work on D but I wouldn't complain if our top 3 lines are held more or less constant for a while to let the experiment play out.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
physically impossible to gain 10 pounds and have it all go to one spot no matter the training.

---
7 in the legs and three in the higher body still makes a difference.

10 pounds of muscle makes difference for sure! How much difference depends on the players, his style - ect...

But from 190 to 200 Pounds makes huge difference.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Paille hits hard too, I love that aspect of his game just wish he still made big open ice hits to get the other team really anticipating the hits, Bartkowski's hit was a breathe of fresh air for this team

Samsonov14

Best chimp ever
Nov 5, 2002
Wilmington, NC
Visit site
I think he was a former 1st round player -- I am sure he had his chances but at best he'll be another PJ for us... faster, but worse hands/offensive instinct. The highest I'd want to see him, and a stretch, is 3rd line.

I don't want him to get a Kelly/Daughavins open net chance in the Cup Finals and blow it due to no fault of his own but lack of skill, and we end up hating a guy like him forever. :)

I loved P.J so much but I absolutely hated when he's be put on the top line. He was amazing with Taylor and DeMaio was consistently one of the best penalty killers and third liners in the league for a long time. His shooting ability (when he wasn't playing in international games) was somewhere between so-so and god-awful.

Great player when he was put where his skills let him succeed. I think Paille is similar.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
---
7 in the legs and three in the higher body still makes a difference.

10 pounds of muscle makes difference for sure! How much difference depends on the players, his style - ect...

But from 190 to 200 Pounds makes huge difference.

A bit perhaps. But my rebuttal is to the statement that he's all of a sudden going to go from easily being blown off the puck to never being blown off the puck simply because of a gain in 10 pounds. It's simply not true. Learning about leverage and balance are FAR more important than simply gaining 10 lbs and thinking that will be the cure.

and 190 to 200? Dude's not even 170.

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
A bit perhaps. But my rebuttal is to the statement that he's all of a sudden going to go from easily being blown off the puck to never being blown off the puck simply because of a gain in 10 pounds. It's simply not true. Learning about leverage and balance are FAR more important than simply gaining 10 lbs and thinking that will be the cure.

and 190 to 200? Dude's not even 170.

-----------------
I wasn't referring to him, didn't know how much he weight.

I was referring to myself. I passed from 190 to 200 in my sport following a hard training and IT DID make a difference.

As for 170 to 180, if not impacting his speed it will make a big difference.

But knowing about balance and leverage will be THE most important in my pov. So I agree with you. Can't evaluate the player - did not see him enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad