Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
This only encourages people lying about it.

And also would add to broken collar bones and ribs, not only from the hits but from flying pucks
Flying pucks, yes. Not as much from hits though.

Part of the problem with hockey pads these days is that they encourage players to act like human missiles. Just like american football. I played Rugby, Football, and Hockey. I led with my head in football tackles (idiotic I know, but just being honest). Do you think I led with my head on rugby tackles??? We all know the answer to that and, more importantly, why.

Of course hockey also has two things that make the sport significantly more dangerous that football (which is saying something):

Speed and an enclosed playing area. Human missiles in confined areas? More injuries. It's not rocket science.

You smoke me in football, as long as you don't hit me in the head, I have room to absorb the hit and perhaps move in a different angle/direction away from the hit. Not saying it takes away all of the force, but certainly some. In hockey (say last night) Carlo's body and head had nowhere to go after absorbing the hit. If that hit was made on football field he would have moved with the hit and not ricocheted his head off the glass. However, once his body is hard against the boards and a heavy hit is made, his head is obviously going to smack against the glass. Those hits against the bench where a guy goes ass over teakettle into the bench??? They look dramatic and we all go "ooooooooh", but unless a guy catches his ribs against the dasher (again another immovable object that will not absorb force) nobody ever gets injured on those.

So... you cannot change the rink or the confines of same. This is not pond hockey obviously (how many of us have had concussions in pond hockey that have NOT stemmed from banging head off ice? Answer: I suspect none.). So what do you do? You stop arming these guys with carbon fibre armor that Knights of the RoundTable would have given their left testicle to have.

Give me a few more collarbones and rib breaks anyday of the week if it means fewer of a seemingly endless number of brain injuries.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Well educate me on what was said about Kase or by Kase . I heard Cassidy say it wasn't an injury after the game which I said he was obviously mistaken . Than I heard Sweeney say he is shut down for the year . You obviously have heard way more than me . Sometimes I miss stuff and I apologize for that .

we won't know what his specific prognosis is due to HIPPA, the thing based on what you said, "I just think he got another concussion got frustrated and shut it down"

it's not a matter of frustration, it's a matter of repeated injury to the brain that will need to CTE. Suggesting he just "push" more would be incredibly irresponsible for him to do. Concussions are frustrating because some recover some dont and we don't fully understand why, but it's not for any of us to sit on the outskirts to be frustrated with Kase for, he's plenty frustrated not being able to play for all of us

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
we won't know what his specific prognosis is due to HIPPA, the thing based on what you said, "I just think he got another concussion got frustrated and shut it down"

Well I just found the reactions from management weird so I gave a possibility that maybe was way off . Fair enough time for me to drop it.

it's not a matter of frustration, it's a matter of repeated injury to the brain that will need to CTE. Suggesting he just "push" more would be incredibly irresponsible for him to do. Concussions are frustrating because some recover some dont and we don't fully understand why, but it's not for any of us to sit on the outskirts to be frustrated with Kase for, he's plenty frustrated not being able to play for all of us

Reactions: KnightofBoston
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad