Injury Report: Bruins 2013 Injury Thread ‎II

Status
Not open for further replies.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Bergy's been out a few games and still leads the league in fo % at 61.5%. Toews is 2nd at 61%. Crazy. Can't wait for him to play :)

Team faceoff % without him went from 56%best in the nhNHL

To 47% probably a factor in all the shots were giving up lately were not winning all those draws in the d zone bergy use to take

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
HackswithHaggs: Just had Patrice Bergeron walk by right after getting off practice ice. Looked bright-eyed w/smile on his face. Will make trip to Carolina"

Absolutely great! :handclap: Monday against Ottawa looks like a possibility. Trip is probably to keep skating with the team.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Team faceoff % without him went from 56%best in the nhNHL

To 47% probably a factor in all the shots were giving up lately were not winning all those draws in the d zone bergy use to take
Notice I said him specifically. Never lost ground for Selke. Not surprising that the team as a whole fell in that category.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Notice I said him specifically. Never lost ground for Selke. Not surprising that the team as a whole fell in that category.

Yup just showing a stat of how important he is and why the b's have looked poor lately.

I agree he should win the selke

Look on the offensive side too seguin has looked average to.bad without bergy same goes for marchand except for the nj game

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Yup just showing a stat of how important he is and why the b's have looked poor lately.

I agree he should win the selke

Look on the offensive side too seguin has looked average to.bad without bergy same goes for marchand except for the nj game

Gotcha! :) we should hopefully see a spark tomorrow :)

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Not so fast on Marchand, in my opinion.
I don't expect to see him until the last week of the season, maybe just because they don't want to rush him.

Well bergrton came back to practice after a 11 days with a moderate concussion the 4th of his career

March and has a mild concussion and is his 1st one I think him n bergy come.back together Friday

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Well bergrton came back to practice after a 11 days with a moderate concussion the 4th of his career

March and has a mild concussion and is his 1st one I think him n bergy come.back together Friday

Well that would be the B's knees because the Bruins Pens game next friday will be the first time I am attending a Bruins home game......I've been a fan since middle school and I am creeping up the hill....

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH
with Bergeron, Kelly and Marchand back.. the lines should finally settle I think/hope

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Jagr
Peverley - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

scratches: Daugavins, Caron, Pandolfo

perhaps switch Seguin and Jagr since Jagr and Marchand looked so good together.

Czerk

Feb 13, 2007
Riverview
with Bergeron, Kelly and Marchand back.. the lines should finally settle I think/hope

Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Lucic - Krejci - Jagr
Peverley - Kelly - Horton
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

scratches: Daugavins, Caron, Pandolfo

perhaps switch Seguin and Jagr since Jagr and Marchand looked so good together.

What about Yeti? He has got to be in there.... maybe over Glassman (aka Pevs)?

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Just a hunch but I have a feeling Marchand will be out longer than Bergeron. They will be careful with both but Bergeron know the concussion territory better than Marchand.

Bergeron has skated the past few days, but as far as I know the same cannot be said for Marchand. Bergeron is reportedly making the trip to NC as well, so you're probably right. I am worried about Marchand, his face did not look good when he left but I am trying to be optimistic.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I'd put him over Thornton. Pevs still kills penalties well and takes faceoffs. Thornton hasn't really been bringing much of anything to the team.

Peverley/Kelly to the 4th line, Yeti on the 3rd.

I agree with this, Thornton really hasn't been bringing it too much since the Scott fight, he has been adequate but with a healthy lineup he is likely the odd man out.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Today, Patrice Bergeron said he's been symptom-free after day 1 and is feeling confident. He also said that he is recovering more quickly than he did from his last concussion in the 2011 playoffs.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Great news about Bergeron! Any idea which game he'll be ready for?

Now Marchand just needs to get healthy.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-talk/bergeron-without-symptoms-feeling-good
“This time it healed pretty quickly. I feel pretty good…that's the positive out of it,” said Bergeron. “I've felt better, quicker this time. The symptoms went away quicker this time. I had some medications the first day, and the next day I was fine. It was very encouraging being asymptomatic for quite awhile now since the injury.

"It's all encouraging signs and it's all very good. [I’ve been] working out, skating and pushing and shoving with the guys, and I feel fine. I’ve had a lot of discussions with doctors about the future. The doctors feel confident that there will be no problems – or issues -- down the road. These are all encouraging signs and I’ve been taken care of by some very good doctors.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2013/04/patrice_bergero_14.html

“There’s no limitations anymore,” Bergeron said. “I can initiate contact and take contact and practice, obviously. Teammates always take it easy on you. But I feel fine. It’s good news that I’m cleared for that.”

Bergeron suffered his concussion on April 2 when he took an elbow from Ottawa’s Colin Greening. Doctors told Bergeron that Greening’s elbow struck him squarely enough – the impact was behind his left ear – to cause the concussion.

Bergeron had headaches initially. But his symptoms cleared more quickly than when he suffered his previous concussion in the 2010-11 playoffs.

“I felt better quicker,” Bergeron said. “The symptoms went away quicker this time. I had some headaches the first day. The next day, I was fine. It was very encouraging. I’ve been asymptomatic for quite a while now since the injury. It’s really good news – working out, skating, pushing and shoving with guys, I feel fine. I’m feeling good and it’s positive.”

Last edited:

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Bergeron hasnt been cleared for contact yet, if anything he'll be back Monday against the Sens.

“There’s no limitations anymore,†Bergeron said. “I can initiate contact and take contact and practice, obviously. Teammates always take it easy on you. But I feel fine. It’s good news that I’m cleared for that.â€

In the Globe. He has been cleared for contact already.

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
So happy to hear that about Bergeron. He has to be careful obviously, but the fact he is recovering like he is is great news. I think for sure we see him before the playoffs, if everything remains as is or better. I think Bergeron will take a few more skates and few more practices and if everything is still good he'll be back in the lineup soon. The Bruins still want to play better as team and get rolling before the playoffs, so I think they will get Bergeron in the lineup very soon. Same goes for Marchand, depending on how he is feeling and if he starts practicing/skating again I think he will back before the playoffs as well.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
“There’s no limitations anymore,†Bergeron said. “I can initiate contact and take contact and practice, obviously. Teammates always take it easy on you. But I feel fine. It’s good news that I’m cleared for that.â€

In the Globe. He has been cleared for contact already.

I just watched his interview and realized that after I posted:laugh:

I don't see why he can't play tonight then? He should be in the lineup unless they want to give him more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad