Post-Game Talk: Bruins 2, Penguins 1 (OT) - And So It Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
And here's the f***ing thing. Sully won't call out the bottom 6. That's the one group you CAN call out. Who f***ing cares? Light a fire in that group. Call them out in the media. Tell it like it is. Create a culture of accountability.

Sheahan - utterly pointless. Does nothing out there.

ZAR - great at dumping the puck in. He shoots pucks at his linemates for "passes" and has no skill.

Sprong - Stop asking him to get more minutes. He can't even have a good shift. I don't care who his mates are. He doesn't even look like an NHL player. Even when he has an open lane to shoot, it gets blocked or he misses.

Rust - Goodness gracious. Awful year.

Simon - a decent 3rd wheel but not producing.

Brassard - given ZAR and Simon. Have fun bro with those 4th liners.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Another game where Sullivan has no ****ing clue how to manage his bench at all, what a ****ing Grade A assclown.

We lost to a Bruins team that was brutalized with injuries, lol. This team didn't even deserve the 1pt.

Please tell me what you would have done that would led to a different result.

Gracefully resigned so that the Pens could hire a better coach.

:naughty:

Reactions: Shady Machine

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
No Horny is gonna hurt big time.
Especially if Sully's gonna saddle Brass with nothingness.
Their in zone D was atrocious most of the evening.
Nice start from Jarry. All i got.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
cfb5sWK.gif

I don't have time to have a back and forth with you about this.

Ha about what I figured.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i might just follow tomorrow's game with the score updates. Columbus could eat them alive and Tortorella will have a stupid smug look on his old sissy face.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sprong - Stop asking him to get more minutes. He can't even have a good shift. I don't care who his mates are. He doesn't even look like an NHL player. Even when he has an open lane to shoot, it gets blocked or he misses.

Yep he's a piece of shit if you can't get it done with the chances he's had you're not cut out for the NHL

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
one good defence man won't be enough

We need 2. And that doesn't include Schultz.

We need a guy who could do what Daley did and a guy who could do what Cole did, and both of them have to be reliable in terms of making smart, quick decisions with the puck.

When Brian Dumoulin has to be (justifiably under the circumstances) 2nd off the bench for 3 on 3, you're doing it wrong.

Reactions: Shady Machine

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
He made two really good plays in the D-zone of tying up first Krejci and then Debrusk from the puck but Phil and Geno just stood still and watched instead of getting the puck.
Geno and Phil are not gomnna play hard at the end of long extended shift, they should know by now, Dumo had no business attempting that pass that killed them, Kessel should have helped when Dumo almost took the puck from pasternak but thats Phil

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Malkin & Kessel out together in OT is just too high risk high reward. dating back to last few years, i can think of so many times these 2 have been on ice for goal against in OT, blowing coverage, not back checking, standing around and leaving the D-man out to dry. I can't believe Sully doesn't see this and break it up

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Columbus
at Winnipeg
at Colorado
Philly
Colorado
NY Islanders
at Ottawa
at NY Islanders
at Chicago
Boston

I'm not sure that I like our chances, but that may be only because I'm not sure we get a point in the next 5.
Oh, I agree. I think we're in some pretty dire straits here.

My biggest concern is that Mario and Co arent going to take a playoff-less season too kindly.

They might orchestrate something really stupid. He almost sold the team for less than this ineptitude.

Reactions: BHD

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
I fully expect Columbus to start shit early and often and this team to melt down as the frustration mounts...

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I'd do a few different things, I'd never ever play Kessel with Malkin, he is killing Malkin's great effort and game, thats number one, he should have put either rust or Sprong on that RW, also, He should not play Sheahan, he should have Simon Brass Kessel third line, that would make a whole a lot of difference

Hey at least that’s something. I think Sprong blows right now but I get the idea of this. Problem is Malkin-Kessel offensively have been good this year. Hard for a coach to break that up long term. But I definitely get the idea.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Oh, I agree. I think we're in some pretty dire straits here.

My biggest concern is that Mario and Co arent going to take a playoff-less season too kindly.

They might orchestrate something really stupid. He almost sold the team for less than this ineptitude.

They won't sell the team.

The worst case scenario is we get Guerin.

Hobodrifter

Jan 23, 2009
Jeannette
He’s tried nearly everything.
Exactly, you can’t polish these turds, they are what they are. A few prospects in the AHL are not going to turn this around, nor is playing Sprong 20 minutes a night, though I’d like to see him with a top six line for a few. People just need someone to blame, it’s easier than accepting the fact that the team isn’t very good coupled with typically mediocre to abysmal goaltending.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Columbus
at Winnipeg
at Colorado
Philly
Colorado
NY Islanders
at Ottawa
at NY Islanders
at Chicago
Boston

I'm not sure that I like our chances, but that may be only because I'm not sure we get a point in the next 5.
1-8-1 in that stretch, beating Flyers only.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I'm being serious here. Go outside and look at the moon. A big ring around it with a line through it. They should have had 0 points tonight by the Gods point of view.

Reactions: EightyOne

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Hey at least that’s something. I think Sprong blows right now but I get the idea of this. Problem is Malkin-Kessel offensively have been good this year. Hard for a coach to break that up long term. But I definitely get the idea.

Geno and Phil haven't been great since the Canada trip, so the 'greatness' was limited to some of the time up to then only.

BUT, on a night like tonight, Phil was Boston's best defender against Geno.

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad