Post-Game Talk: Bruins 2, Penguins 1 (OT) - And So It Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Please tell me what you would have done that would led to a different result.
cfb5sWK.gif

I don't have time to have a back and forth with you about this.

Reactions: vodeni

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
If they cant play .500 hockey over the next ten games, they basically eliminate themselves from playoff contention.

The good news is that they played .500 hockey tonight.

The bad news is that this was against a depleted team, and Horny may be hurt.

Columbus
at Winnipeg
at Colorado
Philly
Colorado
NY Islanders
at Ottawa
at NY Islanders
at Chicago
Boston

I'm not sure that I like our chances, but that may be only because I'm not sure we get a point in the next 5.

Reactions: canadianguy77

Rocket of Russia

Needs more Tang
Mar 8, 2012
USA
I'm not seeing how that's Dumo's fault. He won two separate battles by removing Boston forwards from the puck for enough time for the other two Penguins forwards to make some kind of play on the puck. Phil and Geno are out there like they just went coast to coast 3 straight times and couldn't be bothered to make a play.

Reactions: ncm7772

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
Dumo turned over the puck LATE in the shift.

It was Dumo's guy who scored the goal.

That said, it's a sorry statement for the Pens that Dumo is the 2nd defenseman off the bench for 3 on 3.

Phil and Geno are more to blame for that goal.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
this team is not going very far as it is.

yeah JR made some great trades, but he also signed Jack Johnson for 5 years.

i doubt he can right the ship this year. still time and they can get white hot, but that's the only thing that will get them to where they thought they'd be.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Please tell me what you would have done that would led to a different result.
I'd do a few different things, I'd never ever play Kessel with Malkin, he is killing Malkin's great effort and game, thats number one, he should have put either rust or Sprong on that RW, also, He should not play Sheahan, he should have Simon Brass Kessel third line, that would make a whole a lot of difference

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Yeah, because Kessel and Malkin are standing above the faceoff circles with their sticks at their waists like Sprong.

I'm not going to excuse Phil, but Geno has to worry about both the guy who beat Phil coming out with the puck and the guy he passed to. That's why Geno was where he was.

Then again, none of this happens if Dumo isn't Jack Johnson stupid, because that is EXACTLY what that stretch pass late in a 3 on 3 shift was.

Reactions: turtle27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad