Post-Game Talk: Bruins 1, Panthers 2 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Maybe in your section but no way it was 2:1 Boston in the whole arena. Been there for games like that Panthers chants get totally drown out its embarrassing.

I was in 105. Behind the shoot once side was mainly Bruin fans and my section had a lot of them too. Saw a lot of Bruin logos when I looked around. They were pretty loud with their Tuukka chants and when they scored too.

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
That was such a fun game to be at. The crowd got really into it. Every home game now on needs that kind of atmosphere.

I was at the game Boston fans tried to drown out a couple of Let's Go Panthers chants and they got totally shut down. Was probably the best crowd since the playoffs. Not as loud but actually a home rink advantage for once.

haha yeah, that was great.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I liked the way Kulikov played. He had a whale of a game.

Agreed here. His diving play after that horrible turnover by Huby in the middle of a change was huge. Mac was also awesome as usual. His effort and tenacity rivals that of Bergenheim when he used to be here.

Great stuff from a lot of guys.

Panthersfan1989

Feb 24, 2013
S. Florida
I was there tonight in section 128. Def a great atmosphere in the buildiing while i feel there was a slight edge of BRUINS fans. Panthers fan were def loud and into the GAME i hear loud panthers cheer. GREAT ATMOSPHERE and great game. Everyone played solid. Upshall and bolland both missed an empty net though.:cry: All this kid pirri does is score though!:naughty:

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
If only Bolland could have shot it through Rask's stick (without getting a shot off at all) and Pirri could have shot the puck through Rask's chest we could have won in regulation.

Thank god we got two though.

Watch the post game video
It was s complete shank by bolland, not much of rask.

To be fair helluva pass by bolland tho to set up Hayes.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
What a great win tonight! Watched it with y fiancee and we were both really in the game. So many close chances in the 3rd & OT.

Another tough one with Bolland fanning on the puck with 3min? to go in the 3rd. Reminded me of JJ's miss in New York last week.

I think Gudbs could have been one of our 3 stars. He really set the tone physically for the team in a very playoff-like game. Campbell played real well too.

Looking for to Tues in Tampa. I'm off all day, should be a good one!

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
Seemed to me that there were more Bruin fans in the lower bowl at least. Especially the side they shot twice on.

Only a couple were annoying, one guy kept on yelling at Luongo and making fun of the perceived lack of hockey knowledge of the panther fans. He shut up after a couple people yelled at him.

The game was fun to be at. Both goalies played well, made some crazy stops and it was nice to see Luongo shut the door in the SO. Was nice to turn around and see all the bruin fans quiet looking dumbfounded.
Suck ed that the game went to ot but at least we nabbed the extra point

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Great win!!! Keep this momentum going. Honestly, if we don't make the playoffs I won't be the least bit upset. We've been competitive and "in it" all season, and that's all I wanted for the kids this year. They seem to all be developing nicely and we look poised to take the next step next season.

Those of you who were at that game, was the crowd tonight a result of Bruins fans taking over or was the majority Panthers fans finally coming out to see this team play?

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Also, tonight was the first time I really noticed the "character" thing that Tallon talks about.

Dave Bolland played his best game as a Panther tonight. He was all over the ice and in the middle of EVERYTHING. He had this one back-check near the end of the 3rd period where he had a chance offensively then hustled back SO HARD to pin the guy against the boards in our zone and regain possession of the puck.

Our vets stepped up tonight. Bolland, Mitchell, etc. Really impressed by them and you can tell Bolland is a SERIOUS big game player.

He might not have that much value on a fringe-playoff team, but once we take that next step and are in the upper 3rd of the NHL, a guy like Bolland is going to do wonders for us.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Or we could live in Saudi arabia where there is no hockey.

well... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Arabia_men%27s_national_ice_hockey_team
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Ice_Hockey_Federation

c85deda2d1.jpg

Mideast-Gulf-Hockey-I_Horo-1-305x172.jpg

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I said this in the GDT already, Gallant played the 4th line way too much in the third. Yeah, they had a good game, but you have to draw the line somewhere. They aren't going to score goals to win the game.

He's not going to stop. Might as well learn to live with it and hope it doesn't bite them.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
The 4th line can't play any less than they already are.

I would argue most 4th liners play much less than the Panthers, but what I (and Soupy) mean is the situations they plan in. No coaches roll 4 lines in the last 10 minutes of a close game, and occasionally OT. Gallant does.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
So, I figured I'd post this here, Bjugstad has been absolutely awful lately. Only played 11 minutes tonight and didn't register a single SOG. Only 2 assists and 0 goals in the last 5 games, his last goal was an empty netter. I know he's streaky, but damn. "Big time players make big time plays in big games". Tonight was just that and we saw which players showed up and which ones shriveled under the pressure. Bjugstad better step up soon or I'm afraid he'll get a reputation for shrinking when it matters

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So, I figured I'd post this here, Bjugstad has been absolutely awful lately. Only played 11 minutes tonight and didn't register a single SOG. Only 2 assists and 0 goals in the last 5 games. His last goal was an empty netter. I know he's streaky, but damn. "Big time players make big time plays in big games". Tonight was just that and we saw which players showed up and which ones shriveled under the pressure. Bjugstad better step up soon or he'll get a reputation for shrinking when it matters

He's playing through an upper body injury, he has missed a few practices in the last couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad