Post-Game Talk: Bruins 1, Panthers 2 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I know, but those numbers are absurd. Bolland is like 45 percent this year and Barkov isn't much better. Unless we significantly improve our faceoffs next year I don't think we'll be as good as everyone is expecting

It's important, but not the end all be all. Rangers are absolutely atrocious in them

and in before the rangers have more skill. that's not the question here.

panthersfan94

#CatsAreComing
Jan 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
It's important, but not the end all be all. Rangers are absolutely atrocious in them

and in before the rangers have more skill. that's not the question here.

I'd still rather avoid Bolland taking faceoffs if at all possible. I expect Barkov to improve eventually, but I'd rather have a winger taking Bolland's draws or put Bolland on the wing.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
I'd still rather avoid Bolland taking faceoffs if at all possible. I expect Barkov to improve eventually, but I'd rather have a winger taking Bolland's draws or put Bolland on the wing.

I actually why Boyes just doesn't take more of them. isnt he statistically the best the team has?

also one of the reasons why I want Vermette so much. great at faceoffs, great passer, and responsible defensively. I wouldn't mind Vermette, Bjug, Pirri line. with Vermette taking draws

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I actually why Boyes just doesn't take more of them. isnt he statistically the best the team has?

also one of the reasons why I want Vermette so much. great at faceoffs, great passer, and responsible defensively. I wouldn't mind Vermette, Bjug, Pirri line. with Vermette taking draws

He's not worth the pricetag. We don't need anymore good passers, we have plenty of those.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

I think so.

Then Jokinen and MacKenzie.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
He's not worth the pricetag. We don't need anymore good passers, we have plenty of those.

We need good players no matter their skillset...he would make our team better... he would be an upgrade on what we have and I think can play wing... Bjugstad needs some help... I almost want huby back on bjugs wing see if they can get him going

harv33173

Oct 5, 2003
We scored 1 goal. We lost many face offs. We took dumb penalties. We missed 2 open nets.

As a result we gave Boston a point and are 5 back (yup 5) we lose tiebreakers.

So I loved the game but legitimate reasons to critique

bolland dumb penalty gave up pp goal. miffed on a wide open net to make it 2-1 late in third. i watched the replay several times and while potvin says rask made a spectacular save, i saw that bolland miffed on the puck!! also terrible in faceoff circle.
i like the way we played and lou looked great! well, we gained a point, let's hope we continue to get 2 points game in and game out and the teams above us lose. the ultimate to me would be for us and ottawa to over take boston and washington!!!:nod::yo::handclap:

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
bolland dumb penalty gave up pp goal. miffed on a wide open net to make it 2-1 late in third. i watched the replay several times and while potvin says rask made a spectacular save, i saw that bolland miffed on the puck!! also terrible in faceoff circle.
i like the way we played and lou looked great! well, we gained a point, let's hope we continue to get 2 points game in and game out and the teams above us lose. the ultimate to me would be for us and ottawa to over take boston and washington!!!:nod::yo::handclap:

It was (almost) universally agreed upon that Bolland's penalty was not his fault.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014

Thank you and i get jumped for thinking it was bad by Bolland to not score there FML... :laugh:

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
it wasnt agregious but its universally agreed shoudnt place himself in that position in the O zone.

its also universally agreed bolland whiffed.

The second part is just not true.

Also the penalty took place in the neutral zone did it not? The opposing player took his helmet off then embellished a little when Bolland hardly touched him. If that's any other player we aren't having this discussion right now.

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

http://wp.me/p38Pvw-i3

As always, there were many near misses for the Cats, too, most noticeably Dave Bolland failing on a tap-in. The center had a chance to quiet the belly-aching over his acquisition, and his assist on Jimmy Hayes’ tally in the first was a beautiful backhanded pass. But he came up short on Rask’s doorstep in his efforts to be the game’s No. 1 star. ESPN had that save in its top 10 plays, but the result was more about Bolland whiffing than Rask stonewalling.[/I]

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida

Also the penalty took place in the neutral zone did it not? The opposing player took his helmet off then embellished a little when Bolland hardly touched him. If that's any other player we aren't having this discussion right now.

Against the habs bolland was -3 and coughed up the shorty

Last night he took the penalty whiffed the open net and was a whopping 25% in the faceoff circle.

What should we be doing, giving him bonuses?

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013

As always, there were many near misses for the Cats, too, most noticeably Dave Bolland failing on a tap-in. The center had a chance to quiet the belly-aching over his acquisition, and his assist on Jimmy Hayes’ tally in the first was a beautiful backhanded pass. But he came up short on Rask’s doorstep in his efforts to be the game’s No. 1 star. ESPN had that save in its top 10 plays, but the result was more about Bolland whiffing than Rask stonewalling.[/I]

Universally agreed. That means everyone. Most on here alone disagree with that.

Against the habs bolland was -3 and coughed up the shorty

Last night he took the penalty whiffed the open net and was a whopping 25% in the faceoff circle.

What should we be doing, giving him bonuses?

We can start with not over-analyzing the minute negative impact of one player in a game in which the performance of 19 matters simply because we can't get over the fact that he's making too much money.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

If he had that goal he would have been number 1 star. But because he didn't he's public enemy number 1!

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
Q
Universally agreed. That means everyone. Most on here alone disagree with that.

We can start with not over-analyzing the minute negative impact of one player in a game in which the performance of 19 matters simply because we can't get over the fact that he's making too much money.

Oh jeeze IDC how much he makes I care what he contributes. If anything his salary makes people think he's BETTER than he is.

Why do you think he has never ever been a healthy scratch? Because of his salary. He's clearly an untouchable while every other bottom 6 guy has ridden the pine.

And his play causes a ripple effect by placing an ineffective scorer like himself on the 3 rd line who sucks at faceoffs, to the detriment of others being shuffled while Teflon Dave laces up every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad