Bruin Picks via Mock Drafts

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Travis Konecny's Player Profile

Konecny is a prototypical Brian Kilrea type player in the mould of former Ottawa 67’s such as Alyn McCauley, Logan Couture, Mike Peca, and Sean Monahan. Konecny is a highly skilled player, but what has also made him valuable is his leadership, intensity and determination.

Konecny (pronounced Koh-Neck-Knee) was the first overall pick in the OHL draft in 2013 by Ottawa and in his rookie season he scored 70 points in 63 games played en route to winning the Rookie of the year award. Konecny was then named the Captain of team Canada at the Ivan Hlinka tournament where he scored six points in five games to lead Canada to the Gold Medal. In his draft year he has assumed the Captaincy of the Ottawa 67’s and scored 29 goals and 39 assists for 68 points in 60 games.

The high water mark for Konecny this season came at the top prospects game. Konecny stole the show scoring two goals, one assist and delivering a big time hit playing on a line with Connor McDavid and Timo Meier.

Konecny describes himself as a playmaker with skill, that’s reliable at both ends of the ice. The focus this season for Konecny has been to refine his defensive game while still providing offense. He has breakaway speed and great vision and possesses the ability to make plays or shoot while at top speed making him a dynamic offensive player. Despite his smaller size, he plays a physical style of game and is not afraid to deliver big hits and go into high traffic areas which make him a game breaker calibre player.
Profile from: Peter Harling - Apr. 3rd

Travis has a blend of skill, physical play and determination that reminds one of Pat Verbeek. Like Pat, Travis can score and he can do so with a shot from out or determination around the net. He asserts physically and he does not get pushed off puck or out of his space and will punish opponents. Doesn't let himself be denied and he plays with smarts and an intensity that allows him to make a 'dent' in the game

----------------------------------------

A skilled forward who is a threat in all three zones…has great speed and quickness with tremendous feet and balance on his edges; great agility…very flashy with the puck, but smart…able to create space for himself with his quickness and his vision…impressive puck-distributing skills…moves the puck very well and is constantly able to set up his linemates with excellent chances…possesses a hard shot with a deceptive release…effort level is terrific each shift as he is a hard worker and high-compete player…hits, battles and plays hard defensively; always involved…fun player to watch and is already one of the OHL’s most dangerous scorers. (August 2014)

sign me up

Such a great read. I don't care about his slight stature or frame, this kid is a Bruin through and through and has an insane scoring touch, crazy skill and grit that the Bruins should covet. If the B's walk away with him in the first round I will be one happy HF poster.

Thanks for posting this! :cheers:

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Such a great read. I don't care about his slight stature or frame, this kid is a Bruin through and through and has an insane scoring touch, crazy skill and grit that the Bruins should covet. If the B's walk away with him in the first round I will be one happy HF poster.

Couldnt have said it better myself, from everything I have read, he is EVERYTHING the Bs need going forward, if hes available at 14 he is easily my number 1 pick

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Travis Konecny's Player Profile

Konecny is a prototypical Brian Kilrea type player in the mould of former Ottawa 67’s such as Alyn McCauley, Logan Couture, Mike Peca, and Sean Monahan. Konecny is a highly skilled player, but what has also made him valuable is his leadership, intensity and determination.

Konecny (pronounced Koh-Neck-Knee) was the first overall pick in the OHL draft in 2013 by Ottawa and in his rookie season he scored 70 points in 63 games played en route to winning the Rookie of the year award. Konecny was then named the Captain of team Canada at the Ivan Hlinka tournament where he scored six points in five games to lead Canada to the Gold Medal. In his draft year he has assumed the Captaincy of the Ottawa 67’s and scored 29 goals and 39 assists for 68 points in 60 games.

The high water mark for Konecny this season came at the top prospects game. Konecny stole the show scoring two goals, one assist and delivering a big time hit playing on a line with Connor McDavid and Timo Meier.

Konecny describes himself as a playmaker with skill, that’s reliable at both ends of the ice. The focus this season for Konecny has been to refine his defensive game while still providing offense. He has breakaway speed and great vision and possesses the ability to make plays or shoot while at top speed making him a dynamic offensive player. Despite his smaller size, he plays a physical style of game and is not afraid to deliver big hits and go into high traffic areas which make him a game breaker calibre player.
Profile from: Peter Harling - Apr. 3rd

Travis has a blend of skill, physical play and determination that reminds one of Pat Verbeek. Like Pat, Travis can score and he can do so with a shot from out or determination around the net. He asserts physically and he does not get pushed off puck or out of his space and will punish opponents. Doesn't let himself be denied and he plays with smarts and an intensity that allows him to make a 'dent' in the game

----------------------------------------

A skilled forward who is a threat in all three zones…has great speed and quickness with tremendous feet and balance on his edges; great agility…very flashy with the puck, but smart…able to create space for himself with his quickness and his vision…impressive puck-distributing skills…moves the puck very well and is constantly able to set up his linemates with excellent chances…possesses a hard shot with a deceptive release…effort level is terrific each shift as he is a hard worker and high-compete player…hits, battles and plays hard defensively; always involved…fun player to watch and is already one of the OHL’s most dangerous scorers. (August 2014)

sign me up

Probably could have left McCauley off that list :laugh:

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011
I'd be so happy if Meier somehow fell to us at 14. Bittner over Connor is laughable.

its not that much of a stretch. the highest ive seen him mocked is 12 i believe. i really just think LA is who we have to worry about. Especially if they resign Sekera, i believe they go best forward available.

Meier is seen as a 11-15 range prospect

Man Rocket

88+73
Jul 12, 2011

Konecny is my 2nd favorite option at 14. if Meier is gone, take this kid

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston
http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2015/

Interesting, if Konecny is available when Boston picks definitely take him. This chart suggests he'll still be available, not that it means a pinch of ****, but i find it interesting that he'd fall all the way to 17

I'm hoping for one of Konecny or Meier to be available at 14. That site is relatively on for about the first 10 picks, but then they had Gruyanov and Svechnikov picked at 11 and 12. They're good, but I don't know if they're that good. They also had Kyle Connor falling to Montreal at 26 (vomit).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad