Confirmed with Link: Bruce Cassidy Named 28th Head Coach Of The Boston Bruins

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
No issues with this. I`m guessing that Sweeney and company waited this long to review potential candidates that would be out there as the season progressed and determined he was the guy who was best suited to help guide the team moving forward with youth being served sooner than later

Congrats Butch

BsEuphoria

The Future
Sep 21, 2013
Congrats Butch! Not sure what the contract is, but he was certainly good enough to deserve a good shot at this. Here's to the future!

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Terms?

If its two years and a team option im good with that

Anything longer... Not a smart move. Cassidy is under Bruins mercy right now

BillnyeTheHockeyGuy*

Feb 19, 2016
New England
They've had months to evaluate the NHL coaching landscape. Who are they going to miss out on by hiring Cassidy?

It's just the always miserable needing something to complain about. I wouldn't even engage. He more than earned this job with his coaching down the stretch. Can't wait for him to get a full off-season and training camp in as the man in charge.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
He knows the system ... He got the bruins in the playoffs ... That in itself felt like a miracle

He deserves it...cmon

Agreed. Bruce has earned his shot. He coached us into the playoffs when 'more experienced options' have failed to do so over the past several years.

He also paid his dues by coaching the P-Bruins for 5 years.

I like seeing the Bruins promote from within the system, but especially more so since Cassidy has brought positive results. He deserves this stint.

Hopefully it's a 'prove it to us more' contract length. But he definitely should be our Head Coach moving forward at least for the next season.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He knows the system ... He got the bruins in the playoffs ... That in itself felt like a miracle

He deserves it...cmon

just think way too much credit is being given when the team was almost up 2-0 in the series then losing in 6 to Craig Anderson. He deserves a shot yes, doesn't mean he's the best coach for the Bruins. He had no answer for Karlsson the whole series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad