Confirmed with Link: Bruce Cassidy Named 28th Head Coach Of The Boston Bruins

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
BM63: Hey Bergy you ready to play this year?

PB37: Hells yea Brad, I'm ready to go, what about you David?

DK46: LOL, I'm slacking big time this year, coach only has a one year contract!

ZC33: WHAT? One year! Why are we even practicing, lets go get beers!

Yeah, because professional athletes never tune out a coach. :shakehead

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
Yeah, because professional athletes never tune out a coach. :shakehead

See now I can believe they do.

However I cannot believe that a one year contract would cause players to be slumping morons out of the gate or cause any malaise at all.

I honestly believe that they would play for ice time as usual and work toward winning and subsequently an extension for the trial sized contract.

Especially for a coach that to a man seemed to like him and what he did for the team on exit interviews.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I literally have no idea what's even being debated right now

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
See now I can believe they do.

However I cannot believe that a one year contract would cause players to be slumping morons out of the gate or cause any malaise at all.

I honestly believe that they would play for ice time as usual and work toward winning and subsequently an extension for the trial sized contract.

Especially for a coach that to a man seemed to like him and what he did for the team on exit interviews.

Ultimately there are human beings on the hockey team, if you knew your boss was just hired on a one year contract without the confidence from the higher ups, you probably wouldn't respect him the same way as if he was given multi year term and the confidence of the owners. That isn't true for every player, but to ignore that it happens is just being obtuse. Hitch was well respected as the head coach and was going out on his terms. No one wants a one year contract if they aren't planning on moving at the end of the year. Even if you have confidence in yourself and your situation, being offered a single year says others don't have confidence with you, and it is hard to not let that affect you.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I literally have no idea what's even being debated right now

I think it's oh forget it :laugh:

However, Cassidy was just interviewed on 98.5 and it is worth listening to

If someone can get the audio

Seriously he should do the radio interviews every couple of weeks and there will be no complaints the media can't get anything out of the Bruins

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
It took a bit to find. Today's information is only held by a few sites and they have only current and future contract progression.

The examples I did find however were discounted as they were old lame ducks and players would respect them.

No, the examples given were wrong (as I already pointed out).

Yeo signed a 4 year deal with STL, this was the first year.

Rowe and Weight are/were members of the FO as well as coaches.

It has nothing to do with their ages.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
OK, I have softened way up on the hiring.

The man gives an interview and says things that make sense to me.

I really want to know the dollars and term
, did he go long days low dollars, is he getting a nice chunk for two years or three?

It's such a cheeseparing inquiry I know but the surreptitiousness makes me all the more curious.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
OK, I have softened way up on the hiring.

The man gives an interview and says things that make sense to me.

I really want to know the dollars and term
, did he go long days low dollars, is he getting a nice chunk for two years or three?

It's such a cheeseparing inquiry I know but the surreptitiousness makes me all the more curious.

Does it seem odd that there is no word on this?

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
CapFriendly has a coaches contract page but lots of teams don't release the details
https://capfriendly.com/coaches

Interesting to see Quenneville in Chicago getting a massive pay raise on his contract this season and for the next 3.

I think Quenneville is still one of the best coaches in the league.

It looks like he was being under paid, so he deserves a raise considering what Claude is making the next few years.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Don't worry Dan, we won't hold plug-n-play top 6 Vesey against you :laugh:

I'm not worried

My list is long

Hated Bergeron pick
Trade Krejci not Kalus
Canucks in 5
Loved the Beleskey signing

That is just side 1 of the double Red album 'DKH the early years'

Ad