Management Bruce Cassidy IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinyRivers

Jun 26, 2006
Nova Scotia
To this day I don't know how the decision to play a clearly broken tuukka the last 2 games last year didn't cost him, and maybe others their job

This one doesn't hurt as much as last year did as last year I think they lost to a much weaker team. i don't think that is the case this year. But still disappointed with the way they played on the road
Can't always be top of the league. Ups and downs, you know. I expected a loss in 4 or 5. We made a game of it. Good on us. We've still been better than a lot of teams for quite a few years. We'll be back... a little later than I'd like (see 2015 draft), but the iced team did what they could... coaches included. I'll miss Patrice immensely ... my fav all time Bruin. This result IS what it IS.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
To this day I don't know how the decision to play a clearly broken tuukka the last 2 games last year didn't cost him, and maybe others their job

This one doesn't hurt as much as last year did as last year I think they lost to a much weaker team. i don't think that is the case this year. But still disappointed with the way they played on the road
I'm with you on this.

I think a new coach could bring Krejci back and Bergeron. You have to move on for that reason alone.

6 years is a long time to coach one team in the NHL. Its time.

What coach would lure Gauedreau into wanting to return to Boston? He'd rather live here than Calgary. Sign that guy.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I'm with you on this.

I think a new coach could bring Krejci back and Bergeron. You have to move on for that reason alone.

What coach would lure Gauedreau into wanting to return to Boston? He'd rather live here than Calgary. Sign that guy.
Gaudreau would get eviscerated here for his annual playoff disappearing act given the money he'd command

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I'm with you on this.

dreaming.

we have 4 million to spend on anything and everything.
Who do you move out, how, replace with ……to sign bot guys?

• Love
Reactions: smithformeragent

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
This is based on what, exactly? And where's the cap space for that coming?!

THe Bruins carry the same kind of appeal to NHL free agents that the Lakers do in the NBA.

Gryz/Reilly/Foligno traded/bought out should even out Johnny Hockey, Josh Brown, and an ELC.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
dreaming.

we have 4 million to spend on anything and everything.
Who do you move out, how, replace with ……to sign bot guys?
Foligno will be bought out.

Add in Forbort, Reilly, Smith, Coyle, Gryz none of whom are untradable and thats 20 mil in space. Just do what Toronto does every year.

Of course its not that easy but Toronto has NEVER had a problem clearing out their unwanted mid level depth contracts to sign the big ticket guys. They haven't once been stuck with a bad contract they don't want they find a way to move that guy no questions asked every summer.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Foligno will be bought out.

Add in Forbort, Reilly, Smith, Coyle, Gryz none of whom are untradable and thats 20 mil in space. Just do what Toronto does every year.

Of course its not that easy but Toronto has NEVER had a problem clearing out their unwanted mid level depth contracts to sign the big ticket guys. They haven't once been stuck with a bad contract they don't want they find a way to move that guy no questions asked every summer.

lol.

ok…fantasyland. You trading all of them for picks huh? What teams want them? Which have space? How much you paying other teams to take them? Who you back filling them with?
Lastly when was the last (hint never) a team pulled off moving 6 contracts to sign a couple of players ?

No rush. You have over a month to provide the moves.
Not simple grade arithmetic.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Time for him to go.

1. Outcoached in the playoffs
2. Did not make any adjustments as the series went on
3. No powerplay adjustments even though the cracks were showing late in the season
3. Prevent/Zone defense works in the regular season, not the postseason
4. Offensive system is nonexistent. Lack of transition play, skates stuck in mud, made them chase the play and played like they were on the PK. No adjustments made here.
5. Cannot get an honest effort out of the players on his team.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The only way Bruce is out.....

1. Sweeney is forced to make a major change to save his job

2. Bergeron/team leadership says he's lost the room

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I dont think he's the problem but I do understand if they move on from him. Sometimes a fresh voice does wonders.

Patdud

Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I really don’t understand playing Frederic at all if you’re going to Bench him for the first mistake he makes. If that’s your plan, just put someone else in the spot. I think Frederic sucks but It’s sour grapes and the more frustrating Cassidy trait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad